Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Duke men's golf!!

Pretty sure they set a new team record over in Raleigh with this:

http://results.golfstat.com/public/l...ayer&tid=14914

By far, best I've ever seen. Awesome!! Please finish it off!!! Leading up to the ACC Tourney either next week or week after.

GO DEVILS!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post

By far, best I've ever seen. Awesome!! Please finish it off!!! Leading up to the ACC Tourney either next week or week after.

GO DEVILS!!!!!
    Very cool. ACC Tournament is this coming Friday/Saturday/Sunday at Old North State. We’re going to try to attend, probably on Saturday. Believe Duke is the 6-seed.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post

GO DEVILS!!!!!
    That was pretty close to a jinx moment. Wake beat our Saturday round by one stroke today, but our round was good enough to win.

That bears some further explanation. Duke's final round was the third lowest of the tournament, right? Excellent play during clutch time.

ACC Championship — Day 1 (Old North State Club)

Good news: Duke is under par as a team (-2).

Bad news: They are 10 shots behind 1st place GaTech.

Ugly news: That’s only good enough for 9th place.

Round 2 tomorrow. Hoping for some upward movement from the Blue Devils.

Big Moving Day so far for the Devils. Now in 1st, with a -15 day by the team thus far.

Duke cards the low score of the day and rises to a tie for fourth.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

The Devils never really caught fire and ended up 5th. Wake did catch fire and moved all the wy up to 3rd. But GaTech staved off the Deacs and 2nd-place Clemson. The Walsh kid from UVa (built like Patrick Reed) was low medalist.

Duke Men at Regional in Raleigh

The first round of the 54-hole NCAA regional tournament is complete, and the Devils are in tenth place at -3. We have some ground to make up, as only the top six teams go to the NCAA championships in Stillwater, OK. Duke is three shots out of sixth place. Texas leads all teams at -13. Georgia Tech and tournament host, NC State, are second and third.

Chandler Eaton is Duke's best at -2 (T-15). Duke's #1 player, Alex Smalley, faltered late in the round to drop to even par.

Tournament scoring can be followed here.

Go Duke!
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    The first round of the 54-hole NCAA regional tournament is complete, and the Devils are in tenth place at -3. We have some ground to make up, as only the top six teams go to the NCAA championships in Stillwater, OK. Duke is three shots out of sixth place. Texas leads all teams at -13. Georgia Tech and tournament host, NC State, are second and third.

Chandler Eaton is Duke's best at -2 (T-15). Duke's #1 player, Alex Smalley, faltered late in the round to drop to even par.

Tournament scoring can be followed here.

Go Duke!
    Unfortunately, the men have more regionals than the women, and only the top five teams from each regional go instead of the top six. Duke is currently five shots out of fifth place.

I think the title of this thread needs to be changed.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    I think the title of this thread needs to be changed.
    Or at least the punctuation marks.

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    Unfortunately, the men have more regionals than the women, and only the top five teams from each regional go instead of the top six. Duke is currently five shots out of fifth place.
    Thanks for the correction.
    Sage Grouse

'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Or at least the punctuation marks.
    Actually, after today's performance, I have changed my mind about the punctuation marks--they have been re-earned. After day 2, Duke now sits at -15, tied for 3rd place after a -12 round on the day. If they can keep it together tomorrow, they will advance.

Actually, after today's performance, I have changed my mind about the punctuation marks--they have been re-earned. After day 2, Duke now sits at -15, tied for 3rd place after a -12 round on the day. If they can keep it together tomorrow, they will advance.
    Jake ** freaking ** Shuman!!! Seven birdies and no bogies for -7 and a score of 64. Evan Katz was -3 and the other three Duke players were -1. Consistent performance throughout the lineup.
    Last edited by sagegrouse; 05-15-2018 at 07:00 PM.
    Sage Grouse

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Jake ** freaking ** Shuman!!! Seven birdies and no bogies for -7 and a score of 64. Evan Katz was -3 and the other three Duke players were -1. Consistent performance throughout the lineup.
    Based on this, looks like we finished at -22 and advanced to Stillwater. Do I have that right?

http://results.golfstat.com/public/l...064.1509125209
    "There can BE only one."

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Based on this, looks like we finished at -22 and advanced to Stillwater. Do I have that right?

http://results.golfstat.com/public/l...064.1509125209
    Yes, we came in 2nd - the top 5 advance to the championships.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Duke is off to a flying start in the third round of the NCAA championship, and has taken over the lead at -12.

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    Duke is off to a flying start in the third round of the NCAA championship, and has taken over the lead at -12.
    And UNC is currently tied for last place! Beautiful. Hope it continues. Let's go Duke!

Duke ends round 3 with a 3 stroke lead, 10 under for the tournament, despite a double bogey on the final hole.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide