Quin Snyder Update

Quin has shown himself to be a remarkable NBA coach. He got a Coach-of-the-Year vote from Zach Lowe, the best NBA writer out there. I'm sure he got many others and may well win. Has he "played his way" into the Coach K retirement-replacement discussion or did the Missouri debacle end any such thoughts for good?

Would have to think that Missouri did him in. Coaching in the pros also meams he doesn't have to recruit in Detroit. Also think that Capel may have lost the Duke job while at Oklahoma.

Bad thread title

Quote Originally Posted by RPS View Post
    Quin has shown himself to be a remarkable NBA coach. He got a Coach-of-the-Year vote from Zach Lowe, the best NBA writer out there. I'm sure he got many others and may well win. Has he "played his way" into the Coach K retirement-replacement discussion or did the Missouri debacle end any such thoughts for good?
    Can a moderator change this title? This isn’t about an update on Snyder; it’s about whether Snyder is a candidate to replace K when he steps down.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Can a moderator change this title? This isn’t about an update on Snyder; it’s about whether Snyder is a candidate to replace K when he steps down.
    Nah, just merge it into the NBA Playoff Collector Thread, where Troublemaker already posted about the Zach Lowe article this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Quin Snyder receives Zach Lowe's vote for NBA Coach of the Year (although Lowe predicts that either Stevens or Casey will win it).

Proud of Quin, the best coach in Duke's coaching tree

Quote Originally Posted by 53n206 View Post
    Would have to think that Missouri did him in. Coaching in the pros also meams he doesn't have to recruit in Detroit. .
    I believe this too, and it's a shame.

I don't think there's much doubt that when it comes to having raw coaching ability, the ability to motivate players, and just insane intelligence, that Snyder is the best of the Coach K tree. He was named assistant head coach at a very young age at Duke...then the Missouri success, and now the NBA success. He's paid his dues. He's won respect wherever he's been post Missouri. If K were to be good with it, I'd love to see him as the successor.

But I'm not betting on it.

Would have to think that Missouri did him in. Coaching in the pros also meams he doesn't have to recruit in Detroit. Also think that Capel may have lost the Duke job while at Oklahoma.
    Can you explain the Detroit reference? It sounds like I’m missing something. I can’t think of a Duke recruit from Detroit in the last 20 years (Shane).

Quote Originally Posted by juise View Post
    Can you explain the Detroit reference? It sounds like I’m missing something. I can’t think of a Duke recruit from Detroit in the last 20 years (Shane).
    Mike Chappell (22 years ago). Won a NCAA championship and has a 13 y/o son who has been invited to play for the Tall Blacks.

Quote Originally Posted by juise View Post
    I believe that the NCAA violations the Missouri team had related to recruits in the Detroit area. Not a Missouri fan and it has been some time ago. Probably should not have posted without research, Quinn succeeded a legendary coach. Had a few good years at Mo. Should probably have been really successful there, but recruiting is tough, and assistants can create problems that head coaches must answer. Ask the guys in Louisville, or Arizona.
    (Seems Ok.State head coach not only survived, but got extension and raise, Who knows?)

I believe that the NCAA violations the Missouri team had related to recruits in the Detroit area. Not a Missouri fan and it has been some time ago. Probably should not have posted without research, Quinn succeeded a legendary coach. Had a few good years at Mo. Should probably have been really successful there, but recruiting is tough, and assistants can create problems that head coaches must answer. Ask the guys in Louisville, or Arizona.
    (Seems Ok.State head coach not only survived, but got extension and raise, Who knows?)
    The big sore spot was Ricky Clemons, who is from NC near Charlotte.