Page 51 of 109 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 2172
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Do you enjoy the Rockets style of play? Chris Paul constantly pushes off, grabs, purposely runs into people and has a total punk personality. And Harden might be even worse in some ways. He basically invented the ‘explode forward into your defender to try and draw a cheap foul’ gimmick play. It’s disgusting, frankly. The most boring and annoying thing in the world is watching James Harden shoot FT after FT. I honestly don’t see how anyone can root for these two basketball charlatans. And their weasel of a coach sanctions all of it. Coach D’Antoni: “Hey guys, let’s pretend there is no allowable shot in basketball other than a 3-pointer or layup.” Nauseating.
    I like D'Antoni (really enjoyed watching the Suns play) but do not like this Rockets team (in basketball style or personality). I am still not over the Spurs stealing that series with a Robert Horry hockey style check into the scorer's table on Steve Nash.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I like D'Antoni (really enjoyed watching the Suns play) but do not like this Rockets team (in basketball style or personality). I am still not over the Spurs stealing that series with a Robert Horry hockey style check into the scorer's table on Steve Nash.
    Hey, I’m with you 100% in regard to Houston. Phoenix did not play this way under D’Antoni. That Suns team was sooo exciting. Houston DOES NOT play like the Suns did. Phoenix did not have anyone nearly as annoying and cheap as Harden and Paul.

Steve Nash was a wizard with the ball and he played with much more class than Paul ever has or will. And Harden? Geez, no one on Phoenix played that way, thank goodness. Phoenix was just very good and played straight up. No cheap gimmicks like these two Houston clowns. If a couple of breaks had gone Phoenix’ way they could easily have won at least two titles. Nash to Stoudemire (prior to Amare’s terrible knee injury) was perhaps the most unstoppable combo ever in the NBA. If he had not gotten hurt I feel the Suns would have won a minimum of two titles. It will be shameful if Houston is able to win a title playing the way they do.
    Last edited by Steven43; 05-19-2018 at 08:44 PM.

Hey, I’m with you 100% in regard to Houston. Phoenix did not play this way under D’Antoni. That Suns team was sooo exciting. Houston DOES NOT play like the Suns did. Phoenix did not have anyone nearly as annoying and cheap as Harden and Paul.

Steve Nash was a wizard with the ball and he played with much more class than Paul ever has or will. And Harden? Geez, no one on Phoenix played that way, thank goodness. Phoenix was just very good and played straight up. No cheap gimmicks like these two Houston clowns. If a couple of breaks had gone Phoenix’ way they could easily have won at least two titles. Nash to Stoudemire (prior to Amare’s terrible knee injury) was perhaps the most unstoppable combo ever in the NBA. If he had not gotten hurt I feel the Suns would have won a minimum of two titles. It will be shameful if Houston is able to win a title playing the way they do.
    Yeah, the Nash to Staudemire combo was something to watch. Only thing similar that I can recall recently was Deron Williams to Boozer with the Jazz several years ago (there may have actually been some overlap but it seems like that Jazz team was a little more recent).

That 2006-2007 Suns squad was a seriously impressive collection of guys in their prime:

Steve Nash
    Amar'e Stoudemire
    Shawn Marion
    Raja Bell
    Boris Diaw
    Leandro Barbosa

I would be tempted to take that team over any team except the Warriors this year (and think they would have matched up better with the Warriors than anyone else has during their run, including when they lost to the Cavs).

I'm not sure what the number is, but I would probably bet the farm on the Cavs at anything less than about 6 or 7 points tonight. Feels like the kind of game the Cavs win easily as the Celtics will have zero urgency while Cleveland will be turned to 11. Meanwhile, Boston has been very mediocre on the road thus far in the playoffs.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I'm not sure what the number is, but I would probably bet the farm on the Cavs at anything less than about 6 or 7 points tonight. Feels like the kind of game the Cavs win easily as the Celtics will have zero urgency while Cleveland will be turned to 11. Meanwhile, Boston has been very mediocre on the road thus far in the playoffs.
    A bold prediction given the current score

I don’t think the Cavs are winning this it’s more like the Celtics losing it.
    Can the Celtics play any worse?
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    I don’t think the Cavs are winning this it’s more like the Celtics losing it.
    Can the Celtics play any worse?
    Probably not.

I have decided to not watch the second half so the Celtics can play better.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!

Do you enjoy the Rockets style of play? Chris Paul constantly pushes off, grabs, purposely runs into people and has a total punk personality. And Harden might be even worse in some ways. He basically invented the ‘explode forward into your defender to try and draw a cheap foul’ gimmick play. It’s disgusting, frankly. The most boring and annoying thing in the world is watching James Harden shoot FT after FT. I honestly don’t see how anyone can root for these two basketball charlatans. And their weasel of a coach sanctions all of it. Coach D’Antoni: “Hey guys, let’s pretend there is no allowable shot in basketball other than a 3-pointer or layup.” Nauseating.
    The 3-or-layup philosophy comes from Morey, not D'Antoni. And don't kid yourself, no coach in the game (including Kerr) would tell Paul/Harden to stop doing what they're doing when it's working. I'm with Acymetric -- like D'Antoni a lot from his Phoenix days and nothing he's done with Houston makes me dislike him. I still don't like the Rockets as a whole though.

Btw, as much as we all hate Harden and CP3 for their foul-baiting, don't forget that KD more-or-less invented the rip-through.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    The final spread was 6.5, we should add bookmaker to your list of accolades.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    The Cavs may win, but I don't see any reason to believe they could win easy, including you condition above.
    Was I right or was I right?

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    Was I right or was I right?
    Brad Stevens is no longer a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Brad Stevens is no longer a genius.
    Its over...
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!

14. This game illustrates why you need a Kyrie or Hayward. Someone who can get buckets all by himself if needed to get the team going.

hood might wind up with a DNP tonight...it's garbage time already
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    hood might wind up with a DNP tonight...it's garbage time already
    Correlation between hood playing and cavs losing?
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

I've been trying not to make the post Steven43 made. In particular the points about Paul and Harden. I keep saying to myself during Rockets games "wow, these guys are walking offensive fouls and they aren't being called". I didn't care so much when they were playing teams that I was apathetic about but now that they are playing a team I like, I'm annoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by darthur View Post
    The 3-or-layup philosophy comes from Morey, not D'Antoni. And don't kid yourself, no coach in the game (including Kerr) would tell Paul/Harden to stop doing what they're doing when it's working. I'm with Acymetric -- like D'Antoni a lot from his Phoenix days and nothing he's done with Houston makes me dislike him. I still don't like the Rockets as a whole though.

Btw, as much as we all hate Harden and CP3 for their foul-baiting, don't forget that KD more-or-less invented the rip-through.
    If by "rip-through" you mean hitting the defenders arms on purpose as you chuck up a weak/fake jumper...KD would have learned that from watching Paul Pierce. PP did it automatically anytime a defender extended an arm anywhere near him.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    I've been trying not to make the post Steven43 made. In particular the points about Paul and Harden. I keep saying to myself during Rockets games "wow, these guys are walking offensive fouls and they aren't being called". I didn't care so much when they were playing teams that I was apathetic about but now that they are playing a team I like, I'm annoyed.
    The play-style is absolutely horrible, but the general consensus is what they do is entirely legal. A problem with the rules, not with the refs.

If by "rip-through" you mean hitting the defenders arms on purpose as you chuck up a weak/fake jumper...KD would have learned that from watching Paul Pierce. PP did it automatically anytime a defender extended an arm anywhere near him.
    KD took it quite a bit further than anything Pierce did: sweeping arms side-to-side through a defender and *then* up for the shot. They actually had to change the rules for KD to make it a non-shooting foul. Just like they did with Harden initiating contact on 3s while the defender is caught on a screen.

Here's a nice rant on it that specifically talks about Pierce: http://grantland.com/the-triangle/ri...a-rule-change/
    And an example in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvhzJLgDJWQ

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post

Sounds like some things they could have learned from dean's myth.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Sounds like some things they could have learned from dean's myth.
    Sporks - this never gets old
    Ed: no more sporks in my quiver