Page 46 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    I liked the Warriors until Durant went there and I'm a Durant fan. What he did was just not cool. He effectively made every season from then until they break up pointless. The Warriors with just the big 3 were amazing but they were beatable, I mean the Thunder took them to 7 and honestly should have won. The Cavs actually did beat them in a series (some will put the * on it since Green was suspended 1 game).

More on this later, I g2g.
    Hey I understand. I just think the loyalty and commitment from the core players is part of what makes GS special, even if there is such a thing as "too special" in a competitive sport.

I agree with this 100%. It essentially ended my interest in the NBA. I still will watch lebron but the outcome of the next X number of finals was already decided way back when Durant decided to make the warriors a squad with 4 all stars. No one can even come close to match that. I would like to see the nba make sure this never happens again.
    I still think a LeBron fan, of all people, is the one kind of person who has no business complaining about GS. Miami was just as ridiculous as GS, and Cleveland honestly wasn't that far behind. There was not even a hint of a challenge in the East the last 3 years.
    Last edited by darthur; 05-15-2018 at 11:11 PM.

There is no I in team but there is an I in Cleveland.
    The ethos of the Celtics screams teamwork. The implied message for the Cavs is without Lebron playing and doing it all himself it doesn’t happen. It’s a bad message.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    Really hoping that Smart gets a T for that barking in the other guy's face b.s.
    He was sticking up for his teammate (Horford) who just got shoved in the back by JR Smith while airborne, with zero play on the ball. Should have been a flagrant 2 and ejection. I love the fact that Smart stood up, and the response of the entire team (especially Horford, who immediately called for the balk and drove for an and one on the next possession).

Quote Originally Posted by construe View Post
    Boy, it just seems LeBron is wasted on this Cavs team. Is there anyone else that can do anything?
    I sorta think you can go back into the archives and find people saying similar things when Lebron had Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh on his team. At some point, does it become more than coincidence that Lebron is seemingly always surrounded by below average teammates?

Tatum had a relatively quiet game, but really carried the team for a stretch in the second quarter when Cleveland was leading and the Celtics weren’t doing much. Scored nine straight points.

7 different Celtics had nine or more points. Much better team basketball being played by the Warriors and the Celtics.

Quote Originally Posted by darthur View Post
    Hey I understand. I just think the loyalty and commitment from the core players is part of what makes GS special, even if there is such a thing as "too special" in a competitive sport.

I still think a LeBron fan, of all people, is the one kind of person who has no business complaining about GS. Miami was just as ridiculous as GS, and Cleveland honestly wasn't that far behind. There was not even a hint of a challenge in the East the last 3 years.
    Not the same in the slightest honestly...
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Lebron had a 40-point triple-double and the Cavs still lose by 10+.

I originally predicted Celtics in 6, but I might need to change that to 5.

Not the same in the slightest honestly...
    "But we also know you 3 kings came down here to win championships, not 1, championships. LeBron, tell us about that."
    "Not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7, and when I say that, I really believe it."

Obviously this is a guy who is concerned about league balance.

Luckily for me, I don’t like the idea of any “super” teams. And I am a Celevand native/fan first so I didn’t actively root for the heat. Also, I don’t think his Miami teams would even come close to this warriors team. I think it’s at another level.

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    Jason Evans, Lebron with 64 (points+rebounds+assists) and the Cavs lose by double digits.
    The Celtics are so good, play so well as a team, that they broke my James/Cavs winning formula theory.

Also, I said the Cavs cannot win without James going for a combined 55. Just because he did, it does not automatically mean that they win
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Another great game for the Celtics. I love the good team basketball they are playing. Reminds me of another team in the playoffs...speaking of which.

I liked the Warriors until Durant went there and I'm a Durant fan. What he did was just not cool. He effectively made every season from then until they break up pointless. The Warriors with just the big 3 were amazing but they were beatable, I mean the Thunder took them to 7 and honestly should have won. The Cavs actually did beat them in a series (some will put the * on it since Green was suspended 1 game).

More on this later, I g2g.
    I disagree with this 100%, no need for more. I liked the GSW before Durant went there and like them even more after he replaced Cheater Harry Skype (who submarined the GSW in the finals the year before Durant joined them, together with Curry playing on 1 knee and the bogus Draymond suspension). It was so cool that Cheater Black Pigeon was sent packing. My interest in the NBA is higher because of the GSW because I like really good basketball and that's what they play. Kind of like what we saw the Celtics playing tonight. I'm really glad Quinn joined the GSW because it's even easier to root for QC to get an NBA championship to match his NCAA championship.

How many championships did Lebron and Wade brag they they'd win after the Heat brought in multiple all stars to put a team together in a way that was nothing like how the GSW put their team together? The Cavs brought in Lebron from Miami and Love the same way the GSW brought in just Durant, they just couldn't keep our Kyrie around and T.Thompson is just no Draymond Green (although he's getting paid like he is). Lebron is great but as a fan, I'd rather watch the GSW.

I am also biased towards the GSW because I'm a Steph Curry fan (especially now that the Curry family has ties to the Duke family). Love the way he plays and hope he has a great game 2. It was actually pretty scary that the GSW beat the Rockets by double digits on a night when Steph Curry was pretty quiet.

I have a rules question. If the NBA reviews the cheap shot that JR Smith gave Al Horford and change it to a F2 will JR be suspended for game 3?

Marcus Smart is a really good player. He just makes winning plays. His defense is amazing and he never gives an inch. Any team would love to have him.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    Another great game for the Celtics. I love the good team basketball they are playing. Reminds me of another team in the playoffs...speaking of which.

I disagree with this 100%, no need for more. I liked the GSW before Durant went there and like them even more after he replaced Cheater Harry Skype (who submarined the GSW in the finals the year before Durant joined them, together with Curry playing on 1 knee and the bogus Draymond suspension). It was so cool that Cheater Black Pigeon was sent packing. My interest in the NBA is higher because of the GSW because I like really good basketball and that's what they play. Kind of like what we saw the Celtics playing tonight. I'm really glad Quinn joined the GSW because it's even easier to root for QC to get an NBA championship to match his NCAA championship.

How many championships did Lebron and Wade brag they they'd win after the Heat brought in multiple all stars to put a team together in a way that was nothing like how the GSW put their team together? The Cavs brought in Lebron from Miami and Love the same way the GSW brought in just Durant, they just couldn't keep our Kyrie around and T.Thompson is just no Draymond Green (although he's getting paid like he is). Lebron is great but as a fan, I'd rather watch the GSW.

I am also biased towards the GSW because I'm a Steph Curry fan (especially now that the Curry family has ties to the Duke family). Love the way he plays and hope he has a great game 2. It was actually pretty scary that the GSW beat the Rockets by double digits on a night when Steph Curry was pretty quiet.

I have a rules question. If the NBA reviews the cheap shot that JR Smith gave Al Horford and change it to a F2 will JR be suspended for game 3?
    I seriously doubt the NBA suspends any Cavalier player. That would turn this series into a rout, and they do not want to see that. Even by one of their marquee teams (Celtics).

The Warriors may be the team of the decade, but LeBron is still the player.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    I seriously doubt the NBA suspends any Cavalier player. That would turn this series into a rout, and they do not want to see that. Even by one of their marquee teams (Celtics).

The Warriors may be the team of the decade, but LeBron is still the player.
    Based on his play, the NBA suspending JR may be a net positive for the Cavs.

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    Based on his play, the NBA suspending JR may be a net positive for the Cavs.
    Ouch. But yes, you're correct, I should be paying closer attention. 4 points in 56 minutes from your starting "shooting" guard (including 0 in 27 tonight...heck, I might get a point in 27 minutes) is not optimal.

I don't wanna get into the whole Barnes talk cause I don't see the point. I did mention that some would put an "*" next to that Cavs championship (I wouldn't but hey) but the same could be done the year the Dubs beat the Cavs with no Kyrie or Love. It's silly to continue down that route because something similar happens in most championship games in all sports.

To the main point of why I'm responding to this part though. We didn't need Durant to join that team to get this amazing basketball, they already played like that beforehand so the style never changed just the influx of talent.

I too love Cook on the team, it's a near perfect fit

Not even sure why this is brought up at all, unless you are saying the Heat started this (which they didn't). Also unsure as to why it even remotely matters how many ships LeBron said they would win. Most teams have built "super teams" throughout NBA history the difference with the Warriors is they have found a way to go beyond that. At least when past super teams have been formed there are 1 or 2 other super teams that can compete, similar to the Dubs pre KD you still had the Thunder, Spurs and Cavs all whom were very capable of taking them out.

I too am a huge Steph fan and have been since before Seth came to Duke. I defend what some refer to as his antics and showboating.

Yes JR should be suspended and fined. That was shameful and dirty. He could have seriously injured Horford.
    Last edited by JNort; 05-16-2018 at 01:05 AM. Reason: JR Smith input
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Good call on Lebron going off in Game 2, FDD. But (obviously) Stevens and his team won the war (which I'm sure you're happy about as a Boston fan).

I agree and it's why I didn't have a problem with the team pre KD. It's also what made the Thunder fun. How awesome would the West have been this year with the Rockets, Thunder and Warriors all competing for the 1 spot into the finals?!?!

Wow... Miami was just as ridiculous?

Miami: 1 top 5 guy, 1 top 10 and 1 more top 20. The rest of that team was ranked outside the top 100 players in the NBA. They were great defensively and had good role players but 2 of the top 3 guys couldn't shoot the 3 very well either. They were stacked don't get me wrong here but, as we saw they were still beatable.

Dubs (current): 2 top 5 guys, 1 top 15 and 1 top 20. So an extra top tier guy plus Iggy whom was an all star himself, to be fair he isn't that now but he's still a top 5 wing defender that can reliably guard 4 spots. They have the 2 best shooters in the NBA plus Durant who is right there with them. They have 2 MVPS a defensive POTY and 2 of the 3 point contest champions (both of whom almost entirely own the 3 point NBA record)... o yeah all of those guys are in their prime.

To make the Heat team equal to this Dubs team you would have to go back and add a present day Kawhi Leonard.

Miami: 1 top 5 guy, 1 top 10 and 1 more top 20. The rest of that team was ranked outside the top 100 players in the NBA. They were great defensively and had good role players but 2 of the top 3 guys couldn't shoot the 3 very well either. They were stacked don't get me wrong here but, as we saw they were still beatable.
    First of all, LeBron James was top 1, not top 5, and still is. The difference between him and #2 is huge too. Second of all, you are way underselling Dwyane Wade who was only a few years away from single-handedly leading a team to the NBA championship. Here's VORP in 2010:

1. LeBron James • CLE 10.9
    2. Dwyane Wade • MIA 8.0
    3. Kevin Durant • OKC 5.8
    4. Josh Smith • ATL 5.4
    5. Dwight Howard • ORL 5.4

James+Wade were absolutely as talented as Curry+Durant, and Bosh was at the level of Draymond+Klay. You're right that the Warriors are better, although I think that fit plays a bigger role in this difference than raw talent. Talent-wise, the Warriors are mainly better in 4th and 5th best slots, and the rest is close. With all due love to my man Quinn Cook and shaqtin' MVP Javaaaaale McGee, it's not a great sign when some of your best reserves are people that literally nobody else wanted.

Indeed I shouldn't have said the Heat are just as ridiculous, but I do think they are close. A big part of this is because it was such a blatant attempt to create a super team with all 3 stars planning the whole thing in advance, and no other team in the NBA being close on a sheer talent level. And it was pretty damn successful -- they won 2 titles in 4 years and won 27 games in a row.

Anyway, I'm not trying to defend KD's decision or saying I disagree with your overall point about the Warriors. I just think LeBron of all people deserves little sympathy.
    Last edited by darthur; 05-16-2018 at 02:52 AM.