Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MBB: Kansas 85, Duke 81 (NCAA Qtrs) Post-Game Thread

Put your post-game thoughts here. Remember, no venting or bashing of Duke players or coaches.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Painful loss.

'Twas a great season, and I'm sad it had to come to a premature end. Best of luck to all the starters in the NBA.

Terrible poise in OT. Terrible.

Kansas just executed better. That's all it came down to. Tough way to go out with Duke's top guys not playing their best. Was fun watching Allen for 4 years though. Bagley and Carter are going to do damage right away in the NBA. Duval and Trent will be doing it too eventually.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Had our chances, couldn't finish. A few too many mistakes in OT. Congratulations to Kansas for winning. (It would go down as a great game except for the outcome.)

Good season

Good season. Tough loss. KU was excellent. They beat Duke with a vintage-Duke game plan.

Bring on another group of freshman.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

I’m sorry, y’all. That was the best game of the tournament so far. Duke would have been a worthy Final Four rep.

Wow. Almost had it despite a tough shooting night. Guys have it a great effort. And with Newman lights out and some tough calls, not much to say except proud of the team and they gave great effort.

We had it, up 3 with the ball, and tied with the ball with 20 secs left. Make a play and we win.

Tough loss, was there for the taking at the end of regulation, but that's the margin of error in this tournament.

Not gonna focus on the Carter call.

Best of luck to everyone in the NBA.

fun to watch; good luck in the NBA

bring on the next bunch of OADs

Kind of a crap call they should’ve kept the ball with Duke. And damn, up 3 with about 30 seconds...why give up a 3 to tie it? Why does Grayson always need to be the hero?

Lots of bad calls going against us. Duval played great, but his turnover trying to cut through 2 defenders was devastating.

Kansas abused our top weakness in the zone - the corner 3.

Doubt we would have beaten the experience and shooting of Villanova. Hoping Tre Jones is more of a consistent PG for us next year.

It was a pleasure watching Bagley and Carter this year.

Robbed by the refs. Carters 5th completely reversed any advantage we had in OT and it was without question a horrible call.

Ouch. Had lots of chances but didn’t execute. No touches for Bagley in the last few possessions.

Nice to watch Allen, Carter, and Bagley. Maybe we will still see Trent and Duval next year.

Kansas hit clutch threes, we didn't.

That call on Carter was the death knell.

But we coulda should woulda won it in regulation. In retrospect, having Grayson go one on five on the last possession of regulation was ill conceived.
    Trent is our best at the foster, and nobody had been able to stop Duval when he drove the lane.

Water under the bridge now, though. Outshot, outrebounded, out-reffed.

Great game. We were a rim out from the Final Four.

Thanks for a very good season, players and coaches. I enjoyed watching your growth and subsequent almost making it to the promised land. Again, a rim out away. Darn.

Can I vent about the refs? Because they stole this one from us. We were fouled repeatedly no calls on our offensive side, the WC charge in OT, and the reversed OOB call. If Grayson or Trent hit a couple more 3s even 10% below their avg it's not close. Head scratcher game from WC and we never seemed to get the ball to Bagley in position. I'd say hats off to KU but really it was Newman that just go hot, and we gave him too many open looks. If Grayon's shot at the end of regulation drops in on the 3rd revolution we are having a different conversation