Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Deadpool 2

Deadpool 2

Don't look now, but the test screenings are scoring through the roof!.

The Ryan Reynolds-fronted sequel has been tested three times, with the scores for the first two screenings coming in at 91 and 97. The final test, which occurred in Dallas, tested two separate cuts simultaneously, which scored a 98 and a 94. The 98-scoring cut is the version the team is using, a source with direct knowledge told THR.

The crew attended the final screenings in Dallas, and a source in the audience of the 98 screening describing the environment to THR as being electric and akin to watching the Super Bowl.

It's worth noting the highest test screening the original Deadpool received was a 91, according to insiders.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Don't look now, but the test screenings are scoring through the roof!.
    Because Dead Pool is the only comic book movie worth watching(With an honorable mention nod to some of the Iron Man flicks). I was hoping they wouldn't screw up the second one.

Sweet! This comes out on my 15th wedding anniversary. Looks like a great date night movie. I'm sure my wife will love it

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Sweet! This comes out on my 15th wedding anniversary. Looks like a great date night movie. I'm sure my wife will love it
    Very different from my date night movies...

-jk

I'm ready....i've got high hopes
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

I cant wait.
    just a fyi lids clearance has ball caps with the deadpool button for 5 dollars.i believe they had batman and a few more also.

The trailer has dropped...

Be warned, that might be an F-bomb or two in this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=D86RtevtfrA
    Last edited by JasonEvans; 03-22-2018 at 10:00 PM.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Watched the trailer...I'm in! Can't wait!

Best part of the trailer?

deadpool2.jpg

(This is a lie. The best part of anything with Morena Baccarin in it is Morena Baccarin.)

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Best part of the trailer?

deadpool2.jpg

(This is a lie. The best part of anything with Morena Baccarin in it is Morena Baccarin.)
    You must spread some Comments around before commenting on brevity again.
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

I give the trailer a 99. Would’ve been 100 with more Morena.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Glad to hear it's scoring well in the pre-screenings. I was nervous after I read about the re-shoots.

I really enjoyed the first Deadpool, but it's not the easiest movie to re-watch. Hope Deadpool 2 can strike the right balance. (Sounds like it is).

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    I really enjoyed the first Deadpool, but it's not the easiest movie to re-watch.).
    that's interesting...mrs pie and i love to put that movie on when nothing is on cable....we've prolly seen it 20+ times..

still love it...

alteran is offline All-American, Honorable Mention
    Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Very different from my date night movies...

-jk
    I told Mrs. Alteran it was probably a bit much after watching it with my brother, so she didn't see it in the theater.

It was showing on a flight we took later and she watched it then. She thought it was hysterical.

I'm not sure if I underestimated or overestimated her on that occasion , but I AM sure that I'm a lucky man.

She's coming with me to see this one.

Normal Hollywood marketing guy: "You know what would be perfect? We need to get a big star to sing a song and then include clips from the movie in the music video."
    Normal Hollywood star: "Awesome, just so long as I don't have to put in any additional work."

Deadpool marketing guy: "You know what would be perfect? We need to get a 90s pop icon who hasn't been heard from in years to sing a song and then have Deadpool himself dance in the music video."
    Deadpool's Ryan Reynolds: "Awesome, and can I do it in high heels, so it is almost like Deadpool in drag?"

-Jason "the very end of the video is really funny" Evans

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    ... Deadpool marketing guy: "You know what would be perfect? We need to get a 90s pop icon who hasn't been heard from in years to sing a song and then have Deadpool himself dance in the music video."
    Deadpool's Ryan Reynolds: "Awesome, and can I do it in high heels, so it is almost like Deadpool in drag?"

-Jason "the very end of the video is really funny" Evans
    I found it a bit disturbing, because I found myself enjoying the view of Deadpool in a skin tight suit and high heels.

It was strange that, even with high heels, Ryan Reynolds wasn't as tall as 5' 7" Celine Dion. Must be that conversion from metric because she's Canadian.

"This only goes to 11" should be a meme, somewhere, somehow.

I really really really wanted to put Deadpool 2 in my top 3, but the evidence to knock one of the locks just wasn't there. I hope I'm terribly wrong and it knocks out solo, but I also hoped the US would be relevant in soccer too, so I have delusions of grandeur.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    It was strange that, even with high heels, Ryan Reynolds wasn't as tall as 5' 7" Celine Dion. Must be that conversion from metric because she's Canadian.
    They're both Canadian. Ryan Reynolds was born in Vancouver. And he's 6'2". Special effects?

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    They're both Canadian. Ryan Reynolds was born in Vancouver. And he's 6'2". Special effects?
    He CAN'T be Canadian. Canadians are polite and respectful, and genuinely nice. A Canadian would NEVER tell Celine Dion to dial it back.

Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post
    I really really really wanted to put Deadpool 2 in my top 3, but the evidence to knock one of the locks just wasn't there. I hope I'm terribly wrong and it knocks out solo, but I also hoped the US would be relevant in soccer too, so I have delusions of grandeur.
    Well, the US Soccer Federation knocked out one Solo ...