Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Quinn-sanity!

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Thanks for this. I will definitely give this a listen. Love rooting for Quinn.
    Maybe my all time favorite player...the way he developed, kept getting better, the way he was ready to lead as a senior, so willing to give Tyus the keys, and man he was a cold blooded assassin, hitting a TON of big moment 3s during his last couple years. Some were late, like he and Tyus going off in Charlottesville...but Quinn also hit a lot of big moment threes during the course of games...momentum threes, daggers, etc.

And loved the way he and Ole Roy laughed on the sidelines during a heated game. Obviously a class young man. I am rooting for him so hard!

Warriors’ Quinn Cook is making a push to stick around for the playoffs

More today on Cook. The more pub he gets, the better for him. Amazing for a guy on a 2-way contract. Go, man, go!
    Last edited by -jk; 03-28-2018 at 11:13 AM. Reason: fix link

Quote Originally Posted by kako View Post
    https://theundefeated.com/features/warriors-quinn-cook-making-push-to-stick-around-for-the-playoffs-stephen-curry-injury/

More today on Cook. The more pub he gets, the better for him. Amazing for a guy on a 2-way contract. Go, man, go!
    Great article. Puts his epic quest in perspective. Seems he has exactly the right attitude.

Interesting take here on the challenges associated with Quinn staying on long-term with the Warriors.

https://www.goldenstateofmind.com/pl...ry-knee-injury

Watched the game against the Pacers last night. It was not a pretty game, and the Warriors lost. Cook had an off shooting night, going 5-17 from the field and 1-5 from 3. He did have 7 assists to 3 TOs. Cook will likely continue to start through the rest of the season, as the coaches want to keep the overall team fresh for the playoffs. It was a big game for the Pacers, not so much for the Warriors. Again, GSW is locked into the 2nd seed in the West, so there's no big concerns about Ws and Ls at this point.

None of the big 4 for GSW (Curry, Thompson, Durant, Green) played. Durant is said to possibly be back this week. Having Durant on the floor likely means Cook won't be taking 17 shots again anytime soon thereafter.

I read more chatter about the lack of need for Cook to be on the playoff roster. GSW could go into the playoffs playing the 8th seed with Shaun Livingston, Draymond Green, Andre Igoudala and Patrick McCaw as ball handlers. Curry was injured in the playoffs two season ago, and Livingston stepped up nicely. If they are looking to get Curry back by the 2nd round, then they might stand pat and not sign Cook for the rest of the season. It doesn't mean that they would not sign him next season, but salary cap issues are there for GSW. Once again, I think this is all about how injuries stack up at the end of the regular season.

I really want to see Cook in the playoffs. Getting him that experience will only make him more valuable, plus Duke fans can see him on national TV regularly from April to June. If he can bust out another couple 20 point+ games, it could be harder and harder to keep him out.

If they don't sign him, he can still practice with GSW. But he cannot play unless they sign him to a contract (which again means that they will need to cut another player).

Cook went for 30 tonight against the Bucks. Career high! 12-15 from the floor with 5-5 from 3. Unfortunately, GSW lost to the Bucks 116-107. Durant came back from injury but was tossed out of the game arguing with the refs. The Bucks took over after that, and no one really scored for GSW other than Cook. But it was another good showing, and especially good since he had a relatively poor game against the Pacers earlier this week.

Interesting side notes:

Jabari Parker had a good game off the bench for the Bucks, scoring 14 points on 6-12 shooting with 7 boards.
    Marshall Plumlee is on the Bucks as well, of course, but he was DNP-Coach's Decision.
    John Henson and Tyler Zeller are on the Bucks.
    Parker and Plumlee both came up to Cook and had a little Duke reunion after the game. All smiles.

Fantastic stuff. Teammates love him, coaches love him. Q deserves to be on the playoff roster, no doubt about it.

https://youtu.be/QXrdr6femMo

Quote Originally Posted by martydoesntfoul View Post
    Fantastic stuff. Teammates love him, coaches love him. Q deserves to be on the playoff roster, no doubt about it.

Thanks for posting the highlight video. I started watching this game, fell asleep after watching Quinn's fast start, work up sometime later and noticed that GSW was down by about 15 and figured out that KD got bounced. Never saw the end of the game but slept pretty well :-)

Watching QC play it's pretty obvious that he belongs. He looks great, quickness and strength are there. He's a better/stronger version of the senior year QC. Don't know who the GSW are going to have to cut to keep him but there has to be a few guys a little worried (note, I have not looked at their roster).

Loved seeing Zeller look completely inept and Henson ineffective, at best. Still hate those Cheaters! 9F

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    Thanks for posting the highlight video. I started watching this game, fell asleep after watching Quinn's fast start, work up sometime later and noticed that GSW was down by about 15 and figured out that KD got bounced. Never saw the end of the game but slept pretty well :-)

Watching QC play it's pretty obvious that he belongs. He looks great, quickness and strength are there. He's a better/stronger version of the senior year QC. Don't know who the GSW are going to have to cut to keep him but there has to be a few guys a little worried (note, I have not looked at their roster).

Loved seeing Zeller look completely inept and Henson ineffective, at best. Still hate those Cheaters! 9F
    Cook was hunting for his shot and nailing 3s. Offensively, he looked great. His D is suspect though - he had 5 fouls as he does struggle with quickness and has to foul. He seems to have the offensive chops to stick around, but he does need to work on his D.

I'd love for GSW to keep him. I hated having Barnes and McAdoo on the team before. But if I'm objective I do think it may be stretch to keep him on the post-reason roster if Curry is just out for the first round. Others are more proven or GSW has years of investment in them. To me the choice would be to cut Nick Young and hope Cook could be the instant offense that Swaggy P has been, but even I say that GSW would be rolling the dice and counting on an semi-unproven 2-way player.

Yeah, Zeller and Henson didn't light up the world at all. But they won. I know the games don't matter much for GSW, but I still don't like losing.

9F

Quote Originally Posted by kako View Post
    Cook was hunting for his shot and nailing 3s. Offensively, he looked great. His D is suspect though - he had 5 fouls as he does struggle with quickness and has to foul. He seems to have the offensive chops to stick around, but he does need to work on his D.

I'd love for GSW to keep him. I hated having Barnes and McAdoo on the team before. But if I'm objective I do think it may be stretch to keep him on the post-reason roster if Curry is just out for the first round. Others are more proven or GSW has years of investment in them. To me the choice would be to cut Nick Young and hope Cook could be the instant offense that Swaggy P has been, but even I say that GSW would be rolling the dice and counting on an semi-unproven 2-way player.

Yeah, Zeller and Henson didn't light up the world at all. But they won. I know the games don't matter much for GSW, but I still don't like losing.

9F
    You have by far the most pessimistic take on Quinn’s playoff roster chances I’ve seen. Maybe you know something the rest of us don’t, but I certainly hope he proves you wrong :-)

I don't think any of his shots even touched the rim, nothing but net. He had a couple of nice reverse layups over bigger defenders too. And the meeting of the brotherhood with Jabari and Marshall after the game was sweet.

You have by far the most pessimistic take on Quinn’s playoff roster chances I’ve seen. Maybe you know something the rest of us don’t, but I certainly hope he proves you wrong :-)
    Although, I would love to see QC on the roster, the GSW would need to cut another player to make room for him. I think it's obvious that he belongs and that they could use him to help cover Curry's minutes in the first round of the playoffs but when you look at their roster, you can see where it might be tough to make that cut.

Although, I would love to see QC on the roster, the GSW would need to cut another player to make room for him. I think it's obvious that he belongs and that they could use him to help cover Curry's minutes in the first round of the playoffs but when you look at their roster, you can see where it might be tough to make that cut.
    Damian Jones seems like the easiest choice to me.
    Last edited by tbyers11; 03-30-2018 at 11:59 PM.
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

Quote Originally Posted by tbyers11 View Post
    Had the same thought but was too lazy to look up the players I didn't know much about (including Jones) so I didn't want to speculate.

Having QC start the first playoff series and help them win without Curry might go a long way toward getting him a contract next season.

I'm a little late to the party on this but I am used to the star player or a veteran being introduced last, especially at home. So it was awesome to just see QC get introduced last, after Durant, Green, Klay and Looney. Keep up the great work!

Quinn started and having another impressive game vs. Phoenix. Starting 4th Quarter Warriors up 94-77 over Suns.

So far: FG - 7/9; 3Pointers - 3/4; 17 points; 2 rebounds; 4 assists; 2 Steals; 2 Turnovers; +/- = + 27

Quinnsanity!

Quote Originally Posted by tbyers11 View Post
    The problem with Jones is that they would 1) be giving up on him, and 2) he's on contract for 2 more seasons and guaranteed another $2.9M. I don't think they are ready to give up on him - they picked up his option at the beginning of the season. Plus, GSW strategy seems to be to have big men on the cheap. If Jones can produce, they have him for 2 more years and could not sign Pachulia or McGee (opening up a spot for Cook next year). The salary cap and not wanting to pay out millions of dollars for nothing (see Jason Thompson) have an effect. It is all about money.

When Curry comes back, he's obviously the starting PG. Livingston is still the backup PG. Kerr wisely didn't want to break up the 2nd team to start Livingston during Curry's absence (though it may happen for the playoffs now with Curry out for the first round). And I do think GSW could get by for the 1st round without Cook if everyone else besides Curry is healthy. If not, then again it means injuries play into signing Cook this year. McCaw's injury may be a factor now, but his status really isn't clear yet. They wouldn't drop him, but they may drop another to add another guard in Cook.

Cook will get a guaranteed contract next year, one way or another. He's scored double figures in 10 straight games now. He's passed his audition! But the fact that they have to drop a player in order to add Cook for the playoffs cannot be overstated. But I think that if they do, they would drop a player on a 1-year contract. That means Young, Pachulia, West, McGee or Casspi. Personally, I think Swaggy P is the most likely. Yeah, they are paying him $5.1M, but in the playoffs that's already over. Cook would have to continue his hot streak to convince management he's needed. He's hitting 40% from 3 in March while Young is on hitting on 33%.

Whatever happens, Quin will get a guaranteed contract with somebody in the off season. So happy for him. The further away from 2015 we go the more it has become obvious that he was the glue that held everything together. We've had teams with comparable talent but not with comparable leadership since.

A lot of Bay Area writers keep saying Casspi is the most likely to get cut if the Warriors sign Quinn.

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/spor...being_cut.html