Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    It is entirely possible that not a single senior will be taken in the first round this year. Grayson is generally seen as the top senior on the board and he is a late first rounder in most mocks. Other seniors who could go in the first round, but are mostly projected as second rounders are:

Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk, Kansas
    Devonte Graham, Kansas
    Jevon Carter, W. Virginia
    Chandler Hutchison, Boise St.
    Vince Edwards, Purdue
    Trevon Bluiett, Xavier
    Bonzie Colson, Notre Dame
    Yante Maten, Georgia
    and Theo Pinson, UNC

Last year, Derrick White and Josh Hart were the only 2 seniors in the first round, going with the last 2 picks of the round. There have been seniors in the lottery pretty much every year before that with guys like CJ McCollum, Frank Kaminsky, Doug McDermott, and Buddy Hield leading the way. This year could be the first first round with zero seniors.

-Jason "am I missing anyone?" Evans
    Is Swofford going to pull some strings and let Berry come back for another year? Sure wish he’d stayed in the draft 2 years ago.

Donte DiVincenzo has declared without an agent. If he’s trying to “strike while the iron is hot” then it’s hard to imagine a better time for him to go. Nova with a couple moving parts still in play between him and Spellman that could drastically swing their season.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Donte DiVincenzo has declared without an agent. If he’s trying to “strike while the iron is hot” then it’s hard to imagine a better time for him to go. Nova with a couple moving parts still in play between him and Spellman that could drastically swing their season.
    Yeah, they have already lost their two best players (Brunson and Bridges). Losing Spellman and DiVincenzo would be devastating.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    If Spellman and DiVincenzo return, Villanova should be a good team and possibly the preseason #1 team. I'm not sure they will be the best team in the country as they have definitely lost their point guard and star wing player in Jalen Brunson and Mikal Bridges. Just losing those two is hard enough to replace as the Wildcats only went 7 deep. They are replacing those two with highly touted freshmen Jahvon Quinerly and Cole Swider. If Spellman and DiVincenzo both stay in the draft, that would be a big blow. Losing 4 of their top 7 players might be too much for Nova to sustain. They will be good but how good remains to be seen.

KU's Azuibuke going w/o an agent.

UK's Jarred Vanderbilt in w/o an agent. He missed most of last season with foot/ankle problems and needs offseason surgery.

That makes three UK frontline players in without an agent...Vanderbilt, PJ Washington and Wenyen Gabriel.

DeAndre Hunter is staying at UVA. I know elite recruiting helps, but I don't know how you guys go through this every year.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkstarWahoo View Post
    DeAndre Hunter is staying at UVA. I know elite recruiting helps, but I don't know how you guys go through this every year.
    You just assume they're gone so there's no stress. Congrats on Hunter returning. He could be a better NBA prospect than any of the Duke foursome that's leaving, considering how the NBA requires big switchable wings these days. Depends on how his shot develops but 76% from FT and 38% from three (on limited attempts) is promising.

Tyus Battle declares with no agent. They're coming fast now with the deadline approaching (which I think is Sunday at 11:59).

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    You just assume they're gone so there's no stress.
    I figured this would be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    You just assume they're gone so there's no stress. Congrats on Hunter returning. He could be a better NBA prospect than any of the Duke foursome that's leaving, considering how the NBA requires big switchable wings these days. Depends on how his shot develops but 76% from FT and 38% from three (on limited attempts) is promising.
    After going 3-16 from 3 in the noncon, he was 46% from 3 the rest of the year. I don't expect him to maintain that rate, but barring issues with recovering from wrist surgery, I think he can definitely be a 38-40% 3pt shooter. If he does that, I don't see a way in the world he returns after next season.

For some of us, this helps:

http://forums.dukebasketballreport.c...?3840-Ymm-Beer

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Some handle it better than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo2000 View Post
    After going 3-16 from 3 in the noncon, he was 46% from 3 the rest of the year. I don't expect him to maintain that rate, but barring issues with recovering from wrist surgery, I think he can definitely be a 38-40% 3pt shooter. If he does that, I don't see a way in the world he returns after next season.
    Seems like a fair expectation. I think Hunter has a good chance to be UVA's best player and First Team All-ACC next year, with at least an outside shot at POY.

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Don’t think this was posted yet, but Michigan’s Charles Matthews is testing the waters, declaring without an agent. Based on draft projections, Michigan’s experience with Mo testing and returning last year, and the general consensus amongst insiders, most expect him to get feedback and return. I certainly hope that’s the case. I’d imagine he’d be lucky to get drafted in the second round this year, but based on his NBA level athleticism if he returns for a season as “the man” and improves his shot he’s got a good chance to be a first rounder in 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Natty_B View Post
    Tyus Battle declares with no agent. They're coming fast now with the deadline approaching (which I think is Sunday at 11:59).
    Hope there are no Duke surprises/announcements in the next 36 hours.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Hope there are no Duke surprises/announcements in the next 36 hours.
    I'm kind of surprised that Bolden isn't testing the waters (at least not yet). I expect him back next year, but the system of being able to declare w/o an agent and come back was set up to help players. Making use of the experience could be a smart idea for him.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I'm kind of surprised that Bolden isn't testing the waters (at least not yet). I expect him back next year, but the system of being able to declare w/o an agent and come back was set up to help players. Making use of the experience could be a smart idea for him.
    Don't encourage him. He should be thinking about how stressful that would be to us on the board. 😃
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

I doubt Bolden would get a combine invite, so there’s really no point in entering his name. I think there’s a misconception that anybody in the world can enter the draft and NBA teams will give them a free evaluation. If you’re not good enough to get a combine invite, teams aren’t going to waste their time with you.

You don't need to test the waters when the lake is frozen.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide