Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    In the NBA, you're right that it's the highest percentage shot. Many speculated that it was due to the shorter distance, but data shows that it's mostly because corner threes are more frequently uncontested. ANY uncontested 3 is a higher percentage shot than those with a defender close by, but just so happens that happens more frequently in the corner in the NBA. So, Duke giving those up is no different than giving up an open shot at the top of the key really -- giving up open shots is equally bad from anywhere beyond the arc.
    Thanks for the insight...

Here's a video of the interview for those who missed it:

https://youtu.be/UgxTjBKK4IM

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Here's a video of the interview for those who missed it:

https://youtu.be/UgxTjBKK4IM
    Hmm . . . this could be a hot take, but I'm not gonna lie, after watching that, I came away with a lower opinion of Dan Patrick. He probably spent almost half the interview talking about himself, and his very high opinion of himself as a basketball player. He tried to pass it off as being in jest, but it felt very humble braggy, like shades of Doug Gottlieb, to me.

You have Coach K, the greatest coach of all time, on for 15 minutes, the NCAA Tournament just finished it's first weekend, and all you want to talk about is yourself? There wasn't a single mention of actual college basketball players who are playing in the tournament. What a wasted interview.
    Last edited by kAzE; 03-22-2018 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    Hmm . . . this could be a hot take, but I'm not gonna lie, after watching that, I came away with a lower opinion of Dan Patrick. He probably spent almost half the interview talking about himself, and his very high opinion of himself as a basketball player. He tried to pass it off as being in jest, but it felt very humble braggy, like shades of Doug Gottlieb, to me.

You have Coach K, the greatest coach of all time, on for 15 minutes, the NCAA Tournament just finished it's first weekend, and all you want to talk about is yourself? There wasn't a single mention of actual college basketball players who are playing in the tournament. What a wasted interview.
    I haven't listened to this particular interview, but Dan and K generally have pretty good banter. K doesn't open up to lots of sports personalities to give anything more than canned answers, but Dan Patrick seems to usually get some good responses or at least a story or two I haven't heard.

My two cents

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I haven't listened to this particular interview, but Dan and K generally have pretty good banter. K doesn't open up to lots of sports personalities to give anything more than canned answers, but Dan Patrick seems to usually get some good responses or at least a story or two I haven't heard.

My two cents
    Yeah, there's a history and context to this. All of that is basically part-and-parcel of the Dan/K schtick, going back quite a ways. It wouldn't be a Dan/K interview without Dan trying to win K's approval about Dan's basketball skills.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Yeah, there's a history and context to this. All of that is basically part-and-parcel of the Dan/K schtick, going back quite a ways. It wouldn't be a Dan/K interview without Dan trying to win K's approval about Dan's basketball skills.
    I'm not as familiar with their past interviews, and I'm sure they've had some good ones. However, this particular one left me wondering why I spent 15 minutes watching it . . . it felt more like a 15 minute clip from a 45 minute podcast, with the actually interesting 30 minutes cut out.

Coach K is one of the most gracious people ever, but even he had to put Dan in his place when he compared himself to Laettner.

I'm not as familiar with their past interviews, and I'm sure they've had some good ones. However, this particular one left me wondering why I spent 15 minutes watching it . . . it felt more like a 15 minute clip from a 45 minute podcast, with the actually interesting 30 minutes cut out.

Coach K is one of the most gracious people ever, but even he had to put Dan in his place when he compared himself to Laettner.
    I'm watching I hate Christian laettner .
    I miss him playing for Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    I'm watching I hate Christian laettner .
    I miss him playing for Duke.
    He seemed to not be a big fan of losing and seemed to take steps to prevent that from happening.
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo View Post
    Is there any chance we have man-to-man defense in our back pocket and will pull it out to confuse a team for just long enough to pull out a win?
    I am a big fan of the surprise switch, it seems to confuse college offenses some. If Duke had 4 seniors and a 1 freshman in the lineup I'd luv it. The way it actually is, I'd be worried about the switch confusing Duke more than the opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by NSDukeFan View Post
    He seemed to not be a big fan of losing and seemed to take steps to prevent that from happening.
    That's the most polite description I have ever heard.

It's not the wins.its the cockiness.the edginess. the will to finish you .

Sorry, I wasn't clever enough to see the double meaning in steps when I posted. I like that more clever people than I noticed it.
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

No matter where he might be stepping.
    Carolina delenda est