Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

MBB: Duke vs Syracuse NCAAT S16 (3/23 9:37) Pre-Game and In-Game Thread

Let’s chat it up! Didn’t think we would be seeing Syracuse, but I’m glad we are. Going to be a battle of the zones. Do we throw a little M2M to throw them off? Don’t think they will be studying any M2M from us.

We have a bigger spread against them than we did Rhode Island ... consider me shocked!
    Last edited by DukeBlue666s; 03-18-2018 at 10:14 PM. Reason: New at this

Quote Originally Posted by DukeBlue666s View Post
    We have a bigger spread against them than we did Rhode Island ... consider me shocked!
    That's because we destroyed RI and have looked dominant in our two games. I'd imagine if we played Cuse second round, spread would be similar.

Kenpom predicts a 71-61 victory. (Seems unlikely to be that high scoring in my opinion). I'm glad we have a week to prepare for the zone.

Looking forward to it! Should be a crowd dominated by Kansas fans. I assume they'll be cheering for Cuse. So, will need to battle that I'd imagine, but I like this team's chances for sure. Let's do this!!

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    That's because we destroyed RI and have looked dominant in our two games. I'd imagine if we played Cuse second round, spread would be similar.

Kenpom predicts a 71-61 victory. (Seems unlikely to be that high scoring in my opinion).

Looking forward to it! Should be a crowd dominated by Kansas fans. I assume they'll be cheering for Cuse. So, will need to battle that I'd imagine, but I like this team's chances for sure. Let's do this!!
    I’d guess that we will be the second game, and the Kansas fans will be gone by the time our game starts after losing to the Tigers.

Still weird that both teams have to go to Omaha to play this.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    I’d guess that we will be the second game, and the Kansas fans will be gone by the time our game starts after losing to the Tigers.
    That would be fantastic!! Sure hoping for that. Clemson looked legit tonight and I'm sure won't be intimidated by a good but beatable Kansas squad. But yeah, good point about being more likely to be the second game. Never know who sticks around but usually if your team wins, you do.

If Clemson plays on friday like they did today, they will be a tough out for ANYONE (except maybe UMBC).

I predict a 16 point victory ... I just think everything is clicking at the right time. Kinda like 2015 and if I’m not mistaken, we had a pretty good year that year.

That would be fantastic!! Sure hoping for that. Clemson looked legit tonight and I'm sure won't be intimidated by a good but beatable Kansas squad. But yeah, good point about being more likely to be the second game. Never know who sticks around but usually if your team wins, you do.
    There were a lot of Carolina fans who stuck around to cheer on UMBC in Charlotte's second game. It's nice that those Heels fans had at least one close game to watch today...

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    Really, think we'll be second game? Ugh, I hope not.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Really, think we'll be second game? Ugh, I hope not.
    Duke is a bigger TV pull than Kansas in all likelihood.

We are favored by 11.5 points with an o/u of 133.5. We are also -800 on the money line which implies a win probability of 88.89%. I really don't see us losing this game if we our performance is somewhat close to how we played vs. Iona and Rhode Island.

I dunno. Both games are "blue" versus "orange." A lot of people won't know the difference.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Still weird that both teams have to go to Omaha to play this.
    Yea, should be in Greensboro ().
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Keys for this one will be Duval’s breakdown of the top of the zone and do we make 10 jumpers/ 3 pointers.

Beat it up inside early to get their decent center out with foul trouble. They are very thin at center. Also, MSU was killing them on the boards.

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Watching Syracuse win today in Detroit I’m very optimistic about this matchup. Syracuse is very offensively challenged... nearly every basket they got today was off of a contested shot. However, don’t sleep on Dolezaj (sp?), a baby-faced freshman with surprising hops. Meanwhile, although the zone is certainly stout, MSU failed against it largely because they had no one to turn to at the high post (they didn’t trust Jackson or Bridges there, turning to a seldom used transfer, Ben Carter, instead, and he looked lost). Both Carter and Bagley have shown they can make the corner jumper, drive from the high post, and make post-entry passes from a high-low set. That doesn’t even mention our improved three point shooting (MSU was atrocious shooting the call today). Obviously anything can happen in a matchup between conference foes, but from my perspective all of the things MSU struggled with today are things this Duke team has answers for.

My apologies if this was shared somewhere earlier. A good article about Grayson's leadership...

http://nyp.st/2tXk7Hf

Duke-Syracuse >> KS-Clemson with apologies to Clemson. I think it's only 60-40 we are the late game on Friday night. We will be on CBS over TNT since the other games are Villanova-WVA (probable) and Purdue-TX Tech.

We play on CBS at 9:37pm on Friday.

https://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bra...ketball-men/d1

I have a wedding on Friday. I have a feeling my wife will be very upset at me by the end of the day on Friday, when my bathroom break is in 50-minute increments. I ordered her a necklace online today that she’s been eyeing for years. Plan ahead, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by ndkjr70 View Post
    I have a wedding on Friday. I have a feeling my wife will be very upset at me by the end of the day on Friday, when my bathroom break is in 50-minute increments. I ordered her a necklace online today that she’s been eyeing for years. Plan ahead, folks.
    Typical Duke fan. Well done sir!!
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    We play on CBS at 9:37pm on Friday.

https://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bra...ketball-men/d1
    At least that's 8:37pm Omaha time, but I hate these crazy late start times ... They should only do it for games being played out west.