Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Yes, if you have an appropriate beer label to attach.
    Nah, I have a little mean streak but couldn't bring myself to do that, but you did make me a bit thirsty now.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    ...but you did make me a bit thirsty now.
    I'm rather certain that will be the easiest thing I do today.

Quote Originally Posted by duke4ever19 View Post
    Sorry if this sounds ignorant, but what is "flamed?"
    You sweet, sweet summer child...

I did not mind you "pointing that out", I just thought it was inappropriate for you to flame me (this is tedious... I flamed your flame). You could have sent me a PM instead of flaming me. In addition, you could have sent me a PM instead of having this public exchange. That seems more consistent with your PM recommendation. None of this is about basketball.
    Don't feel bad, I flamed FDD when I was trying to sporkz him/her. I made up for it with a sporkz when I allowed. GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Don't feel bad, I flamed FDD when I was trying to sporkz him/her. I made up for it with a sporkz when I allowed. GoDuke!
    I'm capable of doing the same. I probably would have flamed myself, by now, if it was only possible.

Bilas has Duke as the best team left.

Quote Originally Posted by ipatent View Post
    Wait!, what?!

He never does that...

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by ipatent View Post
    welp, we're screwed.
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    welp, we're screwed.
    It's over.

The box, in the bottom left of a post, where you approve or disapprove (flame) a post.
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Click on quadrilateral (that contains the green colon and R parenthesis or red colon and L parenthesis-if I type in the punctuation, the or will appear) in lower left corner of any recent post, then click on I disapprove, add a comment if you'd like and you have your "flame." (the "icon" that appears looks like a flame, IIRC.

Want me to try it on one of your posts?

(kidding)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    You sweet, sweet summer child...
    Ugh. I knew it had to be something obvious. Thanks for the clarification, folks.

Ugh. I knew it had to be something obvious. Thanks for the clarification, folks.
    Wow, I didn't mean that to sound nearly as condescending as it did. I intended for it to highlight that you must be pure of heart if you have never been flamed or issued flames.

Apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Wow, I didn't mean that to sound nearly as condescending as it did. I intended for it to highlight that you must be pure of heart if you have never been flamed or issued flames.

Apologies.
    I didn't take your post as condescending at all, so no worries. I'm just laughing at myself for being a member of this forum for years and only just figuring this stuff out. I'm assuming the opposite of "flamed" is "pitchforked." These were terms I often saw tossed back-and-forth among posters, but honestly, I didn't look into how it all worked. Sorry for derailing the thread. I'm sure the answer is in the rules and guidelines thread.

I didn't take your post as condescending at all, so no worries. I'm just laughing at myself for being a member of this forum for years and only just figuring this stuff out. I'm assuming the opposite of "flamed" is "pitchforked." These were terms I often saw tossed back-and-forth among posters, but honestly, I didn't look into how it all worked. Sorry for derailing the thread. I'm sure the answer is in the rules and guidelines thread.
    Close. The accurate antonym for flame is "spork."

:-)

Closing out the Phase threads for the season is a bittersweet moment. This team was a rimmed out shot by Grayson away from a Final Four. They seemed so close all year long to being great, which is why the shot that didnt fall seems like a good metaphor for the year.

Grayson played brilliantly at times, but seemed to defer a lot. Duval was brilliant at times, but may have turned a corner too late in the season for the team to really, significantly elevate as a team. Bagley and Carter wont be missed by opponents. Gary has to be the best 3 point shooter we've had a freshman. Bolden made a huge step forward and was a legitimate spark off the bench.

Yet here we are.

I feel good about where we came from and how we got here. We had a chance to win today, a chance to compete for a title. We were a Grayson floater and a bad call on Carter away from a 2015 clone.

With freshmen, you have a brief window to find your game and maximize it. We came close.

Here's a quick couple of thoughts about what I appreciated about the season -

- Grayson deferring. Too much at times, maybe. But thank you, Captain.

- The second half vs Unc in Cameron. 49-29. Thank you, Marvin.

- The full on zone. Thanks for always adjusting, Coach K.

- Mrs Carter - thank you for giving us your son for a year! She was fun to watch.

- Bolden coming back from injury and accepting his ever-growing role. I hope to see him be All-Defense next year in the conference.

- Tricky. He came so close to being an all-timer. Reminds me of Justise a little.

Here's a few wishes, in retrospect -

- Earlier turbulence and growth for Duval. If he had gone through his bench stretch in December/January, we'd cut down the nets next weekend.

- Better Allen - Bagley chemistry. I think Coach K missed a big chance to run pick n roll like he had the Cowboys o-line and Emmitt Smith playing downhill. Those two were born for PnR but we played the horns set and floppy?! Agh.

- Use Javin and Alex for stretches to press. Would have bled teams energy.

All in all a fun year. A bit frustrating at times, but a wonderful group of kids to cherish. My toddler hugged me after the game and said it's ok. Without hesitation, I told him we are winning the title next year.

I will leave this clip as a rallying cry for the off-season: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_-vfaw1BwQ#t=2m04s