Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MBB: Duke 87, Rhode Island 62 (NCAA 2nd round) Post-Game Thread

Put your post-game thoughts here.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Fantastic game top to bottom. Everyone played very well. On to next week. Going to be a lot tougher now.

That was a 40 minute game... We were in the zone.

win and move on.
    April 1

We beat the absolute hell out of them.

I would just like to say that I thought Bolden helped turn the game in the first half. He got the ball in the post, then started to immediately look for sickouts to G and G. Really good stuff.

Bolden and Carter were animals.
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

All of the starters in double figures...
    20 assists...80% FT’s...
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Really solid win! Michigan St will be tough! But we beat them once already... let’s beat them again!!
    (and no, Syracuse doesn’t stand a chance at beating the Spartans. We will be playing Michigan St.)

Quote Originally Posted by WHOneedsSOX View Post
    Fantastic game top to bottom. Everyone played very well. On to next week. Going to be a lot tougher now.
    Unless Syracuse can overachieve again.

I very much appreciate the stress free ending.

Hopefully they can keep playing at this level

On to the sweet 16!

Let's go Orange

Survive and Advance...

The first complete game against quality competition that I can remember this year.

Great win! Where can I go to get the presser live?

Quote Originally Posted by cbarry View Post
    Really solid win! Michigan St will be tough! But we beat them once already... let’s beat them again!!
    (and no, Syracuse doesn’t stand a chance at beating the Spartans. We will be playing Michigan St.)
    Yeah, and UMBC had no chance against UVA.

Pretty much a perfect weekend. About as smooth as our offense has looked, the freshmen all looked improved and more mature from the start of the season, the zone defense totally demoralized both teams we played and put too much pressure on their limited bigs and wings to make plays.

Even Javin got into the act, and though he needs to be better at the FT line, the fact that we can run plays for him to get quick hitters inside makes a huge difference with lineups where the other team doesn't guard him to overload on the bigger scorers. Grayson was super active defending in the zone, and ran the offense along with Duval incredibly well against a good defense...Grayson demonstrated 2015 Quinn Cook-level maturity in leading the team today.

The challenges get much, much tougher next weekend, but this is what a well coached, hyper-talented team should do against overmatched opposition. Well done.

complete effort for 40 minutes. this team is really good when they do that!
    Everybody played well, with great offensive balance. We even got 13 pts off the bench!

Can we please discuss Cal ‘93?
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Great game on both ends of the floor. Only (minor) issue: Need Trevon to finish those drives to the basket. Some of those misses were easy shots. Once he gets that right, we become formidable and the defense can't cheat on him, allowing him the option to shoot or pass.

Great respect for Dan Hurley and URI but...I watched them lose the A10 Final and also against Oklahoma and really didn't expect then to be able to hang with us. I like being right (for once)!

Quote Originally Posted by rolm View Post
    Great game on both ends of the floor. Only (minor) issue: Need Trevon to finish those drives to the basket. Some of those misses were easy shots. Once he gets that right, we become formidable and the defense can't cheat on him, allowing him the option to shoot or pass.
    He's been pretty good around the rim all year. Not really a concern IMO. He's shooting it well from the perimeter though so far, which is abnormal.