• UNC-Greensboro

0 0%
  • Montana

0 0%
  • Lipscomb/NCC/TxS

0 0%
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Hail to the victors!

Man bun annoyed me so not sorry to see him gone.

Quote Originally Posted by robed deity View Post
    More time left than Laettner's but how do you not guard the ball there?
    I agree but some coaches think it's better to force them to be go backwards to waste time rather than catching it in stride. Beilen even said they tried to get to the rim in that time in the huddle.

Surprising...
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Wow Michigan misses a WIDE open layup that would have tied it with 4 sec left. Houston to the FT line up two.

Edit: Houston misses both FTs. Michigan ball with chance to tie or win with 3.6 sec. Great execution by both teams at the end of this one. [Sarcasm]

And as soon as I say that an unheralded freshman nails a prayer three to win it. Wow... They played terrible and deserved to lose. I hope they play a lot better in the next round and learn how to shoot which they did in the B1G tourney.

Michigan shot 30 3s.
    That week and half off was terrible for them. They were super hot. Hopefully they play really well next week regardless of who they play. Hopefully they're not playing that terrible blue.
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

They're gonna get crushed...

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Hail to the victors!

Man bun annoyed me so not sorry to see him gone.
    Not to mention mini man bun.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    They're gonna get crushed...

-jk
    I agree if they repeat that performance... But hopefully they don't. They're capable of knocking down more shots but they look pretty unathletic to me. Did not instill much confidence, that's for sure. Go A&M!!

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Two words. Go Blue!!!

Michigan will be a different team in a potential UNC matchup with a week to prepare and now that they’re not rusty. Regardless this moment will live forever in Ann Arbor. Woohoo!

My goodness . . . that final play was almost more unbelievable than the Christian Lattner shot. It's not nearly as consequential a shot, but just the way they executed the play was amazing.

March Madness never fails to disappoint.

Turned it off before the 2 free throws assuming my bracket was (further) busted.

Glad that is not the case!

Michigan plays great defense including rebounding opponent's misses well. Both will be key to beating UNC. On offense Michigan has a size advantage with Wagner. They need to use that to their advantage.

Beilein is a good coach. I expect him to have a smart game plan.

Quote Originally Posted by ns7 View Post
    Dude probably got fouled on the shot too.
    I basically agree... he did stick his leg out after the release to sell the call but the Ref pocketed his whistle. I'd hate to see free throws on a call like that decide an NCAA game. It does make me wonder if the whistle gets blown if the ball doesn't go in.

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post

March Madness never fails to disappoint.
    I think you misspoke there...

Nice to already be in the Sweet 16 going into Sunday games... now we can sit back and say GOOOOO AGGIES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Now Michigan will blow it against UNC because clearly all of its luck has been used up
    That is not how it works. Usually the team with new life uses it to make a run.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    That is not how it works. Usually the team with new life uses it to make a run.
    That's true at times. When Arizona won the natty under Lute, they were dead and buried in the first round to College of Charleston. I mean dead to rights. It was over. They somehow escaped, and won it all. Same thing several times with NC State in 83, who had to win the ACCT to qualify perhaps, let alone the 3 OT Pepperdine game in round one. Arkansas won a natty with games in the first two rounds they should have lost...(or was that when they lost in title game).

Anyway, your point is well taken. An amazing escape often launches new life, a feeling of house money, and a long run.

Texas A&M is a really good team and big. I would have been happier to see Providence in this round. Nobody should be looking past this game to Michigan. It’s gonna be a battle against A&M.

Shooting will be key in this one. UNC has to spread the floor by making shots and not allow them to pack it in and control the boards.

And UNC’s freshmen bigs better be ready to contribute.
    Last edited by Wheat/"/"/"; 03-18-2018 at 08:23 AM.

The cheats should be fine today, unfortunately. They have a huge advantage everywhere except down low. Williams and Davis are tough for A&M, but they just don't have any backcourt help.

Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    I basically agree... he did stick his leg out after the release to sell the call but the Ref pocketed his whistle. I'd hate to see free throws on a call like that decide an NCAA game. It does make me wonder if the whistle gets blown if the ball doesn't go in.
    That is crazy talk. He clearly made that spastic leg movement to try to get fouled and essentially kicked the defender. It was completely unnatural and never should get called. Total fluke luck shot but he somehow made it...

Wherever the wind blows and the leaves dance.
    Put all you money on the cheats. Absolutely no way the cheats don't win today. I can't remember the last time there was a lock as big as this one.
    Last edited by whereinthehellami; 03-18-2018 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Accidentally capitalized cheats.