0 0%
  • Lipscomb/NCC/TxS

0 0%
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6F6KKB3V6s

A&M starts after 3 minute mark

Roy starts around 20 minute mark
    Roy gets emotional and says, "I think about jumping off the top of the building right now, but I don't think about retirement."

Roy goes on a tangent about how easily he cries and says, "I had a writer one day say I guess we're going to get to watch Roy cry today, and I'm not ashamed of it, but I'll tell you 1 thing - I told that sucker, Come tell me that to my face and he ran his a** out of the room, quickly too..."
    Last edited by richardjackson199; 03-18-2018 at 09:41 PM.

Roy gets emotional and says, "I think about jumping off the top of the building right now, but I don't think about retirement."

Roy goes on a tangent about how easily he cries and says, "I had a writer one day say I guess we're going to get to watch Roy cry today, and I'm not ashamed of it, but I'll tell you 1 thing - I told that sucker, Come tell me that to my face and he ran his a** out of the room, quickly too..."
    Gosh that man says some bizarre things.

Quote Originally Posted by robed deity View Post
    Gosh that man says some bizarre things.
    Holy cow, does he ever. Good thing he's getting a rest now.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    I think we’ll see UNC return to better balance next year and will be a top ten team.

Tony Bradley leaving early last year was a little unexpected. I think Roy thought he would be a two year guy, and it caught him off guard, especially when UNC missed on a couple of 5* bigs he was after, that hurt. Had Bradley been on this team, I’d think UNC would have been a #1 seed and favorite to go the distance. Recruiting and team building is not an exact science, sometimes things don’t work out as planned. There are injuries, transfers, etc...all in all I think Roy is a great team builder, but even he misses on occasion.

Manley is going to be a beast in the post when he gets in shape, and UNC is among the best at having their players physically fit, so I expect him to be ready for prime time next season. He has all the necessary tools inside except strength and getting rid of a freshman’s intensity now. A season of play has shown him what he needs to do to take it to the next level. He’s a starter from day one next year and a player teams will have to prepare for.

Colby White is the player I’m most excited about. He takes people off the dribble and puts great pressure on defenses. And he can finish at the rim. He will be key to creating shots for Williams, Maye and Cam, assuming he returns, which is not a given.

Little has the athleticism/overall game at the 3/4 that UNC hasn’t had, but sorely needs at that position, to reach final four heights.
    As a freshman, he will need some time to adjust to the bigger college players he’ll face. If Cam returns, that’s a best case scenario to bring him along slowly during season. I’ve only seen highlights, but he appears to be the real deal, OAD. He may be too good to keep off the floor, and Cam becomes the 6th man, we’ll see.

Solid play off the bench from Platek, Brooks, and Robinson can be expected.

The big question is at PG. Can Woods run the team or will White take that role. Some see White as more of a combo guard, but I hear Roy thinks he can be a good PG. At any rate, there will not be pressure on the PG to score like was on Berry this year, the team will have plenty of options, so Woods experience and solid defense may get him the nod, at least early.

I wouldn’t expect UNC to be down next year, they will be in the hunt.
    Sounds like Wheat is ready for another pie bet with Troublemaker.
    There are at least two things in there that I want to make a pie bet on. But I'm going to continue to enjoy this season and wait to discuss next season when it's time.

So, to make it easier to search for Wheat's post weeks or months from now, I'm going to leave a random word here: Flibbertigibbet.

Florida State on the verge possibly...I don't understand pulling it out when have a 3 on 1 breakaway up one for FSU... Get the two points! I guess he didn't think it was a gimme, but they sure had the advantage.

What an insane weekend of basketball.

FSU on the cusp of a program win? This bigger than that ACC ship?

Did more favored teams lose Saturday and Sunday, or win?

Left side of bracket possibly with no 1s or 2s in S16. Wonder if that's ever happened.

Say goodnight, Xavier.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Say goodnight, Xavier.
    Another one and done....
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Left side of bracket possibly with no 1s or 2s in S16. Wonder if that's ever happened.
    And the only won a miracle three pointer - crazy.

Happy for Hamilton. Always admired his consistency and tonight might be the programs biggest night. Congrats to FSU. A program that kinda gets lost in the shuffle of the history of the ACC in terms of basketball, but they've been really solid for the past 15-20 years.

Based on his oh so strange postgame interview, Ol' Roy acknowledged not enjoying receiving mail addressed to "Mr. Cheating Bastard" ... Weird how that happens when you CHEAT.

Quote Originally Posted by DUKIE V(A) View Post
    Based on his oh so strange postgame interview, Ol' Roy acknowledged not enjoying receiving mail addressed to "Mr. Cheating Bastard" ... Weird how that happens when you CHEAT.
    Could you post an address to which we can send this mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    I’m not sure, but it speaks to how poorly the committee seeded the teams this year.

We have a bracket that is completely out of balance now.

I wish a reporter would have asked “Coach Williams, if it was just addressed to “Mr Cheating Bastard”, how did you know the letter was for you?”

It’s good to know that he gets my letters.

Elvis, send them c/o the athletic department.

Office phone: tel:919-962-1154

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilBrowns View Post
    I wish a reporter would have asked “Coach Williams, if it was just addressed to “Mr Cheating Bastard”, how did you know the letter was for you?”
    I move that from this moment forward he is no longer referred to on this board as Roy or Ol Roy but instead Mr Cheating Bastard or MrCB or maybe MCB.

You reap what you sow.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Wherever the wind blows and the leaves dance.
    What a great weekend, thanks cheats. The proverbial cherry on top.

As far as next goes, their potential is about the same as this year imo. Just a different cast of players. Ball handling/passing is going to be really difficult to replace with Berry and Pinson (leadership) leaving. White is a RSCI #25 recruit, not top 10, so expect some significant adjustment. I'm sure Woods will be better but he is not the guy to drive a top 10 team. Williams is not known as a great ball handler and they will need his scoring. Unless they can get a reclassification or graduate transfer, this issue will limit their potential.

More to come after our season is done on the shortcomings of the cheats.