• Montana

0 0%
  • Lipscomb/NCC/TxS

0 0%
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    From Ben Swain on Twitter:

Sweet 16

DYm5Nb4UQAAE6s6.jpg
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    I thought it was Kenny Smith who said that, not Jay. Kenny was awful (ly quiet) on the set today.
    yes- Smith said it. Both Smith and Barkley will be quiet. Auburn basically scoreless for 10 minutes.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    From Ben Swain on Twitter:

Sweet 16

DYm5Nb4UQAAE6s6.jpg
    Did he get that from the ceiling or the roof?

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    Williams was a possible first rounder last year but decided to return.
    I remember that, but this was the first time I've seen him in action, and he's much more dominant than I could have imagined. He's got everything: size, length, timing, fluidity, leaping ability, and soft hands. He's everything you want in a center in the modern NBA. He looks like he could be a long term starter in the league whenever he decides to go pro.

It's a great day to be a blue devil.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    I disagree. A team should not be rewarded for intentionally fouling a player 30 feet from the ball. Foul shot plus possession is the right way to handle it.
    That happens in games on all levels all year long every single year without flagrant ones or intentional being called, let alone after a 10-minute delay. That was pathetic officiating. It was a simple contact foul, end of story. Jeez... I can’t believe I’m having to defend Carolina in any respect... ugh, I need to shower...

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    yes- Smith said it. Both Smith and Barkley will be quiet. Auburn basically scoreless for 10 minutes.
    Ahh I thought it was Bilas. Thanks for the correction.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    From ESPN Analytics guy:

"Duke became the second-most likely team to win the title once Michigan State lost, but UNC's deficit has caused Cincinnati to basically pull back even with the Blue Devils at 20% (because UNC is toughest possible semifinal matchup for Bearcats)"

Pretty funny, because I can promise you every Duke fan out there is rooting for A&M and doesn't care if this pulls Cincy's chances back even with us.
    so much for 20% after Cincy blew 22 point lead with 11:34 left

Quote Originally Posted by WHOneedsSOX View Post
    Ahh I thought it was Bilas. Thanks for the correction.

Bills would have said something like "if Carolina has just made 8 more three pointers...."

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    Tar Heels are dunzo. This is embarrassing.
    I think you're on the wrong board.

Its such a shame Carolina had the easiest bracket.

And as Ole’ Roy wandered off toward the idling buses, he could be heard absent-mindedly muttering to himself...”D’AGGIE’GUMMITT!”

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    I would hesitate to say they will be better. Experience matters, especially at UNC. They will be replacing a senior top-20 talent with a freshman top-10 talent, and a senior top-30 talent with a freshman top-30 talent. They won’t be bad, but I will be surprised if they are better next year than this year.
    I think we’ll see UNC return to better balance next year and will be a top ten team.

Tony Bradley leaving early last year was a little unexpected. I think Roy thought he would be a two year guy, and it caught him off guard, especially when UNC missed on a couple of 5* bigs he was after, that hurt. Had Bradley been on this team, I’d think UNC would have been a #1 seed and favorite to go the distance. Recruiting and team building is not an exact science, sometimes things don’t work out as planned. There are injuries, transfers, etc...all in all I think Roy is a great team builder, but even he misses on occasion.

Manley is going to be a beast in the post when he gets in shape, and UNC is among the best at having their players physically fit, so I expect him to be ready for prime time next season. He has all the necessary tools inside except strength and getting rid of a freshman’s intensity now. A season of play has shown him what he needs to do to take it to the next level. He’s a starter from day one next year and a player teams will have to prepare for.

Colby White is the player I’m most excited about. He takes people off the dribble and puts great pressure on defenses. And he can finish at the rim. He will be key to creating shots for Williams, Maye and Cam, assuming he returns, which is not a given.

Little has the athleticism/overall game at the 3/4 that UNC hasn’t had, but sorely needs at that position, to reach final four heights.
    As a freshman, he will need some time to adjust to the bigger college players he’ll face. If Cam returns, that’s a best case scenario to bring him along slowly during season. I’ve only seen highlights, but he appears to be the real deal, OAD. He may be too good to keep off the floor, and Cam becomes the 6th man, we’ll see.

Solid play off the bench from Platek, Brooks, and Robinson can be expected.

The big question is at PG. Can Woods run the team or will White take that role. Some see White as more of a combo guard, but I hear Roy thinks he can be a good PG. At any rate, there will not be pressure on the PG to score like was on Berry this year, the team will have plenty of options, so Woods experience and solid defense may get him the nod, at least early.

I wouldn’t expect UNC to be down next year, they will be in the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    so much for 20% after Cincy blew 22 point lead with 11:34 left
    second big time rally for Nevada...in two games.

Now as for Clemson. SHEESH

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    I think we’ll see UNC return to better balance next year and will be a top ten team.

Tony Bradley leaving early last year was a little unexpected. I think Roy thought he would be a two year guy, and it caught him off guard, especially when UNC missed on a couple of 5* bigs he was after, that hurt. Had Bradley been on this team, I’d think UNC would have been a #1 seed and favorite to go the distance. Recruiting and team building is not an exact science, sometimes things don’t work out as planned. There are injuries, transfers, etc...all in all I think Roy is a great team builder, but even he misses on occasion.

Manley is going to be a beast in the post when he gets in shape, and UNC is among the best at having their players physically fit, so I expect him to be ready for prime time next season. He has all the necessary tools inside except strength and gettin rid of a freshman’s intensity now. A season of play has shown him what he needs to do to take it to the next level. He’s a starter from day one next year and a player teams will have to prepare for.

Colby White is the player I’m most excited about. He takes people off the dribble and puts great pressure on defenses. And he can finish at the rim. He will be key to creating shots for Williams, Maye and Cam, assuming he returns, which is not a given.

Little has the athleticism/overall game at the 3/4 that UNC hasn’t had, but sorely needs at that position, to reach final four heights.
    As a freshman, he will need some time to adjust to the bigger college players he’ll face. If Cam returns, that’s a best case scenario to bring him along slowly during season. I’ve only seen highlights, but he appears to be the real deal, OAD. He may be too good to keep off the floor, and Cam becomes the 6th man, we’ll see.

Solid play off the bench from Platek, Brooks, and Robinson can be expected.

The big question is at PG. Can Woods run the team or will White take that role. Some see White as more of a combo guard, but I hear Roy thinks he can be a good PG. At any rate, there will not be pressure on the PG to score like was on Berry this year, the team will have plenty of options, so Woods experience and solid defense may get him the nod, at least early.

Sounds like Wheat is ready for another pie bet with Troublemaker.

Why is Kevin White at the FSU-Xavier game? Sitting first row, right next to Xavier bench.
    "I don't like them when they are eating my azaleas or rhododendrons or pansies." - Coach K

Press Conference after Texas A&M Beatdown in Charlotte

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6F6KKB3V6s

A&M starts after 3 minute mark

Roy starts around 20 minute mark

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    That is a Captain Obvious statement if there ever was one. After playing the NCAA like a fiddle and getting away scot-free with decades of academic abuse, designed solely to benefit the men's basketball program ... how the heck could they ever NOT be in the hunt?

Hope FSU can win vs Xavier since all other ACC teams that advanced are in the same region. It would be nice to have representation in more than one region in the round of 16.

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    Did he get that from the ceiling or the roof?
    Perhaps from the dean's myth center.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.