0 0%
  • Wright St.

0 0%
  • Ga State/UMBC

0 0%
Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    KY walking into the FF.
    Is it pointless for me to suggest that UMBC, Nevada, Loyola, and Texas A&M all beat better teams than Kentucky, and thereby proved there are capable of beating Kentucky, too?

Look at it this way. I'd be ecstatic for Duke to play Kentucky in the championship game instead of Virginia, Cincinnati, Tennessee, or Carolina. I hope Xavier, Gonzaga, and Michigan all lose their next games, too. (While we're at it, I wouldn't be sad for Villanova and Kansas to go down as well.)

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by WHOneedsSOX View Post
    He actually could've. Got the rebound at 11 seconds left and the shot clock was off cause of the offensive rebound. But why take it out when you have a wide open 5 footer? Stupid.
    Ah, sorry. Thought the winning shot was during the first 30 second shot clock. Guess I shouldn't try and watch games and read DBR at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by phaedrus View Post
    Is it pointless for me to suggest that UMBC, Nevada, Loyola, and Texas A&M all beat better teams than Kentucky, and thereby proved there are capable of beating Kentucky, too?

Look at it this way. I'd be ecstatic for Duke to play Kentucky in the championship game instead of Virginia, Cincinnati, Tennessee, or Carolina. I hope Xavier, Gonzaga, and Michigan all lose their next games, too. (While we're at it, I wouldn't be sad for Villanova and Kansas to go down as well.)
    You're right, but Calipari is the coaching equivalent of the roach. He will inevitably survive this nuclear Armageddon in the South region and come out unscathed.

However, I would not be happy to play UK for the championship. Calipari doesn't deserve another Final Four. I hope they lose to the UMBC/K-State winner.

Quote Originally Posted by phaedrus View Post
    Not pointless at all but a certain player named Knox is beginning to blot out the sun on offense. He's scaring me.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by ndkjr70 View Post
    Has there EVER been a quadrant in the history of march madness to have NONE of the 1-4 seeds make the Sweet 16?
    On TV, they showed a graphic that there has never been a regional without a top 4 seed.

So this has never happened
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

I think L-Chicago wins region

Quote Originally Posted by BigZ View Post
    I think L-Chicago wins region
    I think they're right much better than Larranaga's GW team that won a regional.

I know one thing - Maura of UMBC is going to be in One Shining Moment

The refs in this umbc/ksu game are sooooo bad.

Also, ksu is sooooo not playing smart basketball.
    Windy City Devil

Very happy for the form NC State wonder twins, Cody and Caleb Martin who are now playing for the Nevada Wolf[space]Pack. Congrats on the S16!

What kind of half-man, half-animal deity do I have to make a sacrifice to in order to ensure this 16-seed beats K-State and then beats Kentucky?

Quote Originally Posted by duke4ever19 View Post
    What kind of half-man, half-animal deity do I have to make a sacrifice to in order to ensure this 16-seed beats K-State and then beats Kentucky?
    Ramses. Is it worth it?
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Those UMBC kids fought- but could not hit tonight. KState will get KILLED by KY.

It's a bit funny that the media asking questions and K St Coach and players are talking about a great win. If this was first round, they'd be like "we played horribly. Luckily, we eeked out a win against UMBC." Just interesting how the narrative shifts so quickly. (Not saying it shouldn't, but it's the same team.)

I suspect that by taking the best players from the remaining three South regions team, UK would be in danger next weekend, but short of that, the Cats have as easy of a road imaginable.

Atlanta is a locale that always results in UK having a massive fan turnout I sincerely hope one of the teams steps up, but Calipari has got them rounding into form, and it just feels like a certainty that UK is bound for the Alamo.

Congratulations to Kansas State, the first 9 seed to beat a 16 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegrassdevil1 View Post
    I suspect that by taking the best players from the remaining three South regions team, UK would be in danger next weekend, but short of that, the Cats have as easy of a road imaginable.

Atlanta is a locale that always results in UK having a massive fan turnout I sincerely hope one of the teams steps up, but Calipari has got them rounding into form, and it just feels like a certainty that UK is bound for the Alamo.
    Assuming they can get past Nevada, I think that Loyola would have a real shot at beating UK.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Those UMBC kids fought- but could not hit tonight. KState will get KILLED by KY.
    This is going to sound like the sourest of grapes, but that game Friday was a black swan. UVA went cold and didn’t have Hunter to unstick the offense, and Lyles will never have a game like he had again. If those teams played 100 games at full strength, UVA would win at least 97 of them. If they had had Hunter the other night, they probably lead something like 30-21 at halftime and have a chance to weather the storm even with the way UMBC shot.

Instead, UMBC shoots lights out, UVA defense panics and loses shape, driving lanes in the packline become wide open due to stretching out, UVA falls behind, panic sets in, bad offensive shots taken, stuff snowballs, 20-point loss. The best chance Bennett may ever have at a title, the way the rest of the region has broken, snuffed out just like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegrassdevil1 View Post

Ill be there in my KSU gear! Would have bought a UMBC shirt if they had won. Must make sure i pull against those clowns.

PS have KS gear from my time at Fort Riley.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkstarWahoo View Post
    This is going to sound like the sourest of grapes, but that game Friday was a black swan. UVA went cold and didn’t have Hunter to unstick the offense, and Lyles will never have a game like he had again. If those teams played 100 games at full strength, UVA would win at least 97 of them. If they had had Hunter the other night, they probably lead something like 30-21 at halftime and have a chance to weather the storm even with the way UMBC shot.

Instead, UMBC shoots lights out, UVA defense panics and loses shape, driving lanes in the packline become wide open due to stretching out, UVA falls behind, panic sets in, bad offensive shots taken, stuff snowballs, 20-point loss. The best chance Bennett may ever have at a title, the way the rest of the region has broken, snuffed out just like that.
    I don't think that's sour grapes at all. Most people on this site would agree with you. UMBC caught lightning in a bottle and just could not miss for one night. Not likely to be repeatable and in a four out of seven series, I'm sure UVa would be the very heavy favorite even after losing game 1.