1 1.06%
  • Buffalo

0 0%
  • Wright St.

0 0%
  • Ga State/UMBC

0 0%
Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
    UK may mid-major their way all the way to Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    I was bummed too that UVA lost. I had them losing to UNC at the final four in my bracket, now it’s screwed.
    One of my pet peeves, so as someone who is ACTUALLY screwed in my bracket, I'm going to whine about your whining. Your bracket is in great shape if you only had UVA in the national semifinals. Basically everyone had either them or Arizona coming out of this region, and tons of people had UVA in the title game. Only having UVA in the Final Four is a victory for your bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegrassdevil1 View Post
    UK may mid-major their way all the way to Texas.
    Kentucky could conceivably make the Final Four by beating the 11, 12, 13, and 16 seed in the region. And Calipari was whining about how hard his bracket was. The guy is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Not if Sister Jean has any say in the matter!
    Much love for Sister Jean. She reminds me of my basketball savvy grandmother, may she rest in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    One of my pet peeves, so as someone who is ACTUALLY screwed in my bracket, I'm going to whine about your whining. Your bracket is in great shape if you only had UVA in the national semifinals. Basically everyone had either them or Arizona coming out of this region, and tons of people had UVA in the title game. Only having UVA in the Final Four is a victory for your bracket.

Kentucky could conceivably make the Final Four by beating the 11, 12, 13, and 16 seed in the region. And Calipari was whining about how hard his bracket was. The guy is a joke.
    I mean, complaining about brackets is stupid because this type of thing CAN happen. Coaches should probably just do the whole, one at a time thing because you don't know who you're going to play.

But if you're looking at it objectively, probability suggests that they were most likely going to have to play both Arizona and Virginia (and when he was complaining, a UVA with Deandre Hunter). That IS a hard bracket. He shouldn't be talking about it at all, but the complaining about how hard his bracket looked then, doesn't really correlate with how it turned out. He beat the teams he was supposed to, the others didn't.

Agreed with him being a clown though. All about him. Maybe more than any coach I've ever seen.
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Much love for Sister Jean. She reminds me of my basketball savvy grandmother, may she rest in peace.
    Sister Jean is one sharp cookie...

Go Ramblers

As the only one to pick LUC to come out of the south regional my bracket is setting up pretty nicely. Looking forward to another improbable win on my birthday and I plan to be there to root on the Ramblers. Today was a good day as both schools I hold degrees from were victors. Go Ramblers!

Was just looking at KenPom and noticed that UMBC is #1 in the country in Luck.

I know KenPom's formulas are proprietary, but I would love to know exactly what goes into the Luck stat

For some reason though, I don't think Luck had much to do with the win over UVA . . .

I think luck is the compensation factor for the difference between projected and actual results.

-jk

I think luck also tries to explain records. For example, if a team blows out five top quality opposition by 20+ but then loses two games by a point, they'd be low on the luck factor. Conversely, a team that keeps winning game by a couple points but hasn't suffered a loss would be high on the luck. I think, at least...

How bad is it to be a NCSU fan?

- school under fbi investigation after watching hated rivals skate
    - one and done in the NCAAs
    - watching three transfers play (all having good years; one was player of year in his conference) in the round of 32

Is this really happening? Every single top seed is going to roll over for UK in the South?

Sigh. I hate UK. So much.

I hope they put an asterisk by Kentucky’s Final Four appearance this year. What a joke how this region has opened up for UK...

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    I hope they put an asterisk by Kentucky’s Final Four appearance this year. What a joke how this region has opened up for UK...
    KY walking into the FF.

What a comeback by Nevada.

Who's this announcer? He's awful. Nevada got the offensive rebound with 9 seconds left and scored but the announcer couldn't stop talking about what a mistake it was he shot the ball. Said he should've taken the ball out and got the last shot. He scored! Always take the 2 points. Cincinnati got the last shot, how'd that turn out?

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    KY walking into the FF.
    Not if Sister Jean has anything to say about it.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

This has to be the most busted region of all time.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by WHOneedsSOX View Post
    What a comeback by Nevada.

Who's this announcer? He's awful. Nevada got the offensive rebound with 9 seconds left and scored but the announcer couldn't stop talking about what a mistake it was he shot the ball. Said he should've taken the ball out and got the last shot. He scored! Always take the 2 points. Cincinnati got the last shot, how'd that turn out?
    The shot clock was running down, he COULDN'T run take the ball out. (Cincy took a quick shot with 43 seconds left to make sure they'd have the last shot.) Announcers: Andrew Catalon (play-by-play), Steve Lappas (analyst), Jamie Erdahl (reporter). Guess that's one reason why Lappas isn't coaching anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    KY walking into the FF.
    Yeah. But can’t blame the ineptitude of zone, uva, and cincy on UK
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Has there EVER been a quadrant in the history of march madness to have NONE of the 1-4 seeds make the Sweet 16?

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    The shot clock was running down, he COULDN'T run take the ball out. (Cincy took a quick shot with 43 seconds left to make sure they'd have the last shot.) Announcers: Andrew Catalon (play-by-play), Steve Lappas (analyst), Jamie Erdahl (reporter). Guess that's one reason why Lappas isn't coaching anymore.
    He actually could've. Got the rebound at 11 seconds left and the shot clock was off cause of the offensive rebound. But why take it out when you have a wide open 5 footer? Stupid.