• Murray St.

0 0%
  • Marshall

0 0%
  • SFAustin/CSFulleton/LIU/Radford

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    They changed the rule. The new rule makes no sense to me. If the ball is completely out of the shooter's hand before the foul occurs, how can it not count? Space-time is warped?
    yes the space time continuum is apparently beyond the grasp of officials of all sports (think the NFL's different break the plane standards for ball carriers versus receivers...) - and yes, on this one in basketball too.

If I were to try and figure out why the rule has changed, it would be to release the officials from having to watch the ball, so they can watch the two bodies involved. But that's just a flier...

Refs have just taken over this game and are handing it to wv. Dreadful calls even if only first half.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Refs have just taken over this game and are handing it to wv. Dreadful calls even if only first half.
    Refs in general have seemed bad this tournament unfortunately. I'd also like to see some time limit instituted on monitor reviews. If you can't figure it out in 3 minutes, it's too close to call and the call on court stands. Getting ridiculous at times.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    I don’t know if I’ve ever seen an offensive foul called like they just hit the kid from Marshall with... Just a brutal 5-7 point swing over a couple plays.

Not as bad as a tech for clapping, but close.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Refs in general have seemed bad this tournament unfortunately. I'd also like to see some time limit instituted on monitor reviews. If you can't figure it out in 3 minutes, it's too close to call and the call on court stands. Getting ridiculous at times.
    ...and about a million phantom reach ins on the and one situations....sometimes there is literally zero contact. It's as if once you start to make a defensive move, you're not allowed to pull back....that whistle still comes.

Quote Originally Posted by thedukelamere View Post
    I don’t know if I’ve ever seen an offensive foul called like they just hit the kid from Marshall with... Just a brutal 5-7 point swing over a couple plays.

Not as bad as a tech for clapping, but close.
    Oh man, that was appalling. Straight up incompetence.

And three cheers for limiting the review time. Beyond stupid to let five minutes (???!!!) go by. The NFL does it faster than that!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Sweet 16 Schedule -- East Region (Boston)

Friday, March 23

(5) West Virginia vs. (1) Villanova 7:27pm ET, TBS
    (3) Texas Tech vs. (2) Purdue 9:57pm ET, TBS

Purdue engineers are trying to build an NCAA-compliant brace for Haas:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...ace-isaac-haas

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    Purdue engineers are trying to build an NCAA-compliant brace for Haas:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...ace-isaac-haas
    The issue remains whether or not he can do basketball things. As Painter noted in the article, Haas couldn’t even attempt a free throw last weekend. He isn’t going to put in Haas unless Haas can actually play. And I would not expect that to be the case so shortly after breaking the elbow on his shooting-hand side.

I can definitely understand Haas’s desire to try. But I can’t really see him playing, and certainly not playing well.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    The issue remains whether or not he can do basketball things. As Painter noted in the article, Haas couldn’t even attempt a free throw last weekend. He isn’t going to put in Haas unless Haas can actually play. And I would not expect that to be the case so shortly after breaking the elbow on his shooting-hand side.

I can definitely understand Haas’s desire to try. But I can’t really see him playing, and certainly not playing well.
    My understanding was that he was somehow a game time scratch last week, as the brace Purdue created was deemed ineligible by the NCAA. It seemed very unlikely to be. I suppose it could have been gamesmanship.

My brackets desperately hope they figure it out. Of course, my brackets are on life support too, and no rigged up brace is likely to save them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    My understanding was that he was somehow a game time scratch last week, as the brace Purdue created was deemed ineligible by the NCAA. It seemed very unlikely to be. I suppose it could have been gamesmanship.

My brackets desperately hope they figure it out. Of course, my brackets are on life support too, and no rigged up brace is likely to save them.
    Painter said that, even if the brace was allowed, he wouldn’t have played, because he couldn’t do basketball things with his right arm.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Painter said that, even if the brace was allowed, he wouldn’t have played, because he couldn’t do basketball things with his right arm.
    Well, that makes a lot of sense. When I imagine Haas playing without using his elbows, I just see a T-Rex. You sorta, you know, need to bend your arms.

Nova really rattled by WVU's defense. A lot of physicality. Interesting to see of things boil over in the second half.

A really well played first half. Nova in for a dog fight. Even if they win - Nova are going to be black and blue come Sunday.

Feel like the tight 2nd half whistle is going to haunt W Va.

Hey! Nova finally got a foul called on them in the second half! WVU has 7 already with 13 and change on the clock.

Edit: Make it 8 fouls to 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Utley View Post
    Feel like the tight 2nd half whistle is going to haunt W Va.
    Yup. And Huggins won’t shy about making that point to the press...

Quote Originally Posted by duke4ever19 View Post
    Hey! Nova finally got a foul called on them in the second half! WVU has 7 already with 13 and change on the clock.

Edit: Make it 8 fouls to 2.
    And some of these foul calls are extremely tricky tack fouls. Meanwhile DiVincezo pushes off literally every single time bringing it up the floor and it hasn’t gotten called once.

Refs are the only reason Villanova is in this game. West Virginia was about to blow it open and then all of those touch fouls are called.

I dunno

Quote Originally Posted by mr shadow 008 View Post
    And some of these foul calls are extremely tricky tack fouls. Meanwhile DiVincezo pushes off literally every single time bringing it up the floor and it hasn’t gotten called once.
    WVa doesn’t make a lot of soft fouls. I agree about DiVincenzo.