Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Marvin Bagley III Knee Vigil

I am a huge fan of this young man. I will be up waiting for news.

It's officially vigil time?

Quote Originally Posted by duke4ever19 View Post
    It's officially vigil time?
    Is this a vigil vigil?

I've heard that he's likely to be back for the Louisville game.

He's been officially ruled out for the Clemson game.

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    I've heard that he's likely to be back for the Louisville game.

He's been officially ruled out for the Clemson game.
    Can you say “where” you heard that? That’s always key, lol.

If that’s true, though, I think that just shows this is being super cautious, which I’m fine with. We want him healthy come tourney time. And the side effect of Grayson regaining his swagger while Bagley has been out has minimized the impact of his absence.

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    Can you say “where” you heard that? That’s always key, lol.

If that’s true, though, I think that just shows this is being super cautious, which I’m fine with. We want him healthy come tourney time. And the side effect of Grayson regaining his swagger while Bagley has been out has minimized the impact of his absence.
    It is here

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...h-knee-sprain/

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Is this a vigil vigil?
    The vigil vigil has ended. And it ended sadly.

As a wise man once said to a Wookiee: I got a bad feeling about this.

Like I said in a different thread. The team Duke now puts on the court is the one we were excited about in July. Also Grayson is now taking control. I would love bagley back on the court but a senior lead talented team that is finding its mojo works for me

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    Like I said in a different thread. The team Duke now puts on the court is the one we were excited about in July. Also Grayson is now taking control. I would love bagley back on the court but a senior lead talented team that is finding its mojo works for me
    While our team without Bagley is capable of beating anyone in the country, I am not going to pretend that this situation works for me...

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    The vigil vigil has ended. And it ended sadly.

As a wise man once said to a Wookiee: I got a bad feeling about this.
    Yeah, and it turned out pretty well for Han and company too...

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    I was more talking about the “back against Louisville” part...

Hope Bags gets well soon. Not a fan of the announcements that he'll be out or when he'll be back though. Where's our sense of gamesmanship? Keep these guys guessing. Every practice minute spent preparing for Bagley is another minute spent not prepping for the rest of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    Hope Bags gets well soon. Not a fan of the announcements that he'll be out or when he'll be back though. Where's our sense of gamesmanship? Keep these guys guessing. Every practice minute spent preparing for Bagley is another minute spent not prepping for the rest of the team.
    But Clemson announced that Mitchell was out. We have to do them a solid in return.

Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    While our team without Bagley is capable of beating anyone in the country, I am not going to pretend that this situation works for me...
    It is the hand we have been dealt just like boozer many years ago. Sooo. When bagley DOES come back we will be even harder to beat

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    But Clemson announced that Mitchell was out. We have to do them a solid in return.
    Tried to spork but had to yada yada...

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    It is the hand we have been dealt just like boozer many years ago. Sooo. When bagley DOES come back we will be even harder to beat
    The Boozer injury in 2001 was something...late season, against Maryland, and not sure if he would come back. Went to Chapel Hill and won big the next game. Dunleavy developed, Casey Sanders contributed, and Boozer improved his footwork while out. I think it was Wojo who worked with him on it.

As they worked him back in the lineup slowly, they became a better team. I don't think Duke wins the 2001 title, or Boozer has the NBA career he has, without that injury. Funny how things work out sometimes...

So I guess it’s safe to say that the “precautionary measure” report was BS.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    So I guess it’s safe to say that the “precautionary measure” report was BS.
    NO! But it is safe to say that a 7ft teenager; getting ready to make 10's of millions; is being held out of games due to a knee injury. It has been less than 2 weeks since the injury happened. Why in the heck would he be brought back before he is completely healthy? That sounds exactly like a "precautionary measure". The only BS is you accusing the Duke staff of dishonesty.

Whoa! Wait a minute, that sounds a bit harsh!

El Diablo is a level-headed person here, much respect.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    The Boozer injury in 2001 was something...late season, against Maryland, and not sure if he would come back. Went to Chapel Hill and won big the next game. Dunleavy developed, Casey Sanders contributed, and Boozer improved his footwork while out. I think it was Wojo who worked with him on it.

As they worked him back in the lineup slowly, they became a better team. I don't think Duke wins the 2001 title, or Boozer has the NBA career he has, without that injury. Funny how things work out sometimes...
    Boozer went out on senior night with a broken foot, his 2nd since enrolling at Duke. He missed 1 regular season game and 5 post season games(ACC tournament and the first weekend of the NCAA tournament.). Boozer came back for our 3rd and 4th round NCAA games vs. UCLA and USC and played 22 minutes each night. He played 25 minutes in a 19 point effort vs. Not our rival and he played 30 minutes in a 12 point effort vs. Zona. We won every game in the 2001 tournament by double digits and I think coach K inserting Duhon into the starting lineup was a huge part of our success but I don't think we win it all without Boozer's return. I remember coach K trusted Duhon as a freshman at point guard because Chris didn't force things and he "valued the basketball". I like Grayson's steadying presence at PG but I think he can continue to play at a high level when Bagley comes back on Wednesday.

As far as Boozer's professional success is concerned, he's always had great footwork, I dont know how much 3 weeks of training while rehabbing a fracture would help. I think dropping from 280 to 260 is why he was a force in the NBA. He became more explosive and agile.