Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
Lots of examples posted about times when the board was tough on players or teams. Right now, that's not the problem. There's nothing wrong with reasonable criticism of a player or team. There's nothing wrong with frank discussions about shortcomings or the frustrations of having OAD players and a defense they can't play. Right now, it's not just being tough on the team, the tone between posters is just not good. Sometimes I'm reading a thread and it's like little kids in an argument where each feels like they have to get in the last word (and thus the argument goes on too long and gets unreasonable). If you want an example, go read the 'discussion' of the Kyrie trade in the NBA thread.

Of course people being too hard on the team or players is often the root cause of the issue but somewhere along the lines someone has to be the bigger person and just let it go!
Agreed. Although I would note that this is a cultural trend generally, not just on this board. Our level of discourse on most matters has degraded significantly over recent times, and tolerance for dissenting opinions has frayed. Everyone can pick their own reason for it; I say it is the Balkinization of news and opinions that inhibit civil cross-view debate.

Anyone who disagrees with me, of course, is a wanker.