Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MBB: Duke 80, Ga Tech 69 Post-Game Thread

Put your post-game thoughts here.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

No bashing the players or the coaching staff.

I see you in-game thread!

I have cemented my view that home teams in the ACC, us withstanding, get major ref help during a narrative moment. I.e. today's run by GT. It was pretty obvious that they were getting away with lots of physically in the interior, and we were not. After 9 years of watching every Duke game, that is the conclusion I came to. I invite someone to challenge me.

Can’t remember a win I enjoyed less

Got a little ragged at the end there. When Grayson and Duval are together and the shot clock is running short, there is still confusion...

We won. Still searching for that elusive 40 minutes of consistent play/effort/focus.

Not bashing. Just puzzled at our inability to put teams away and go away from what worked that got us a big lead

Headline said "Bagley out for game". Should it have said "Duke out for season"? Team cannot close.

Grayson scores without Bags...
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Not always pretty, but a road win in conference without Bagley. I’ll take it.

We were enjoying the performance by Dr. Jekyll and then he goes and invites his friend Mr. Hyde.

Quote Originally Posted by 53n206 View Post
    Headline said "Bagley out for game". Should it have said "Duke out for season"? Team cannot close.
    Now, now - one must not be a "Debbie Downer" around here.

A win is a win. Let's have Bagley back for the next one, preferably with GA still doing this

Quote Originally Posted by WakeDevil View Post
    We were enjoying the performance by Dr. Jekyll and then he goes and invites his friend Mr. Hyde.
    This ^^^^^

A great first 30 minutes. Then it got a little ragged, but an ACC road win without your best player is not to be sniffed at.

Two straight games for Bolden showing immense improvement scoring the ball, rebounding, and altering shots. He is LONG. He will play in the NBA one day. Casey Sanders 2.0 ala 2001?

Carter with 19 and 10 in his hometown. Kid is a workhorse.

Grayson came out hot and his shot looked good early. He maintained his aggressiveness throughout the game and continually looked to attack the rim off the dribble. He had 23 points but that was on 10-10 free throws. He didn't shoot well overall (5-14 and 3-10 from 3) but he looked better in that he was more aggressive. Scoring 23 points will hopefully help his confidence.

11 turnovers is still too many. But 7 blocks was nice.

Duke out rebounded GT 44-39 and shot 21-26 from the line! That's 80.8%!!! Keep that up.

A win is a win. Hopefully Bagley will be back for the Virginia Tech game Wednesday night. 20-5, 8-4. I'm calling it now. Duke is going on a long win streak to include running the table the rest of the way and advancing to the ACC Championship game.

About 25 minutes of really good basketball. And the rest was just total trash on both ends of the floor. The offense became an outright mess. Nobody moved without the ball, nobody screened. And nobody was in a position to even receive a pass.

Mentally we're just not there. But I'll take an ACC road win.

I have to believe their comeback was directly attributable to our substitutions. We let off the gas.

Quote Originally Posted by WakeDevil View Post
    Any road win is good. Esp without Bagley. Most important Allen got going !!! Stat. Duke 16-1 w Allen over 10 points. 4-4(? When he scores 9
    Or less

Wonder if bringing Duval off the bench was a one time stunt or if this marks a change in direction?