Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    No worries, we'll figure it out. When I have time I'll search some more,
    Post #244 in this thread:
    http://forums.dukebasketballreport.c...ussions/page13

Wheat/"/"/"

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans:
    The first pie bet was a push without a sweep. You are asking for more from me.

How about this... Duke sweeps, I win a pie. Carolina gets a split or better, you win the pie. But, if they face each other a third time (in the ACC tourney) and Duke takes the series 2-1, it is a push and no one eats delicious pie.

-Jason "I have never, ever lost a pie bet on the DBR" Evans"
    Wheat:
    I'm good with that...you know I'm a gambler.

Yes, you're 2-0 on pie bets...I credit that to variance ��

So unless Duke beats Cheats twice more including the ACC Tourney, Jason owes Wheat a pie. Not looking good Jason - I'm sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Post #244 in this thread:
    http://forums.dukebasketballreport.c...ussions/page13

Wheat/"/"/"

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans:
    The first pie bet was a push without a sweep. You are asking for more from me.

How about this... Duke sweeps, I win a pie. Carolina gets a split or better, you win the pie. But, if they face each other a third time (in the ACC tourney) and Duke takes the series 2-1, it is a push and no one eats delicious pie.

-Jason "I have never, ever lost a pie bet on the DBR" Evans"
    Wheat:
    I'm good with that...you know I'm a gambler.

Yes, you're 2-0 on pie bets...I credit that to variance ��

So unless Duke beats Cheats twice more including the ACC Tourney, Jason owes Wheat a pie. Not looking good Jason - I'm sorry.
    Thanks. Now we're on the same page Jason...

This thread should be renamed to “Life of Pie”

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    Thanks. Now we're on the same page Jason...
    It is ok. I'm gonna get Trevon Duval to pay for it
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Brian Bersticker... I saw him outside of outback on 15-501 during one of several 75 minute waits for a table. He was never good enough to actually hate, but my dislike for him went up a notch because I knew he'd be seated before me. Didn't he grab his crotch while hanging on the rim once? I'm glad wheat lost that bet... any player that annoying in mediocrity would be insufferable as a star.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    It is ok. I'm gonna get Trevon Duval to pay for it
    I shake my head at how hard you guys are on a freshman point guard...maybe you might want to consider he was matched up with Berry, a senior final four MVP, and a very talented defender and shooter in Jr. Kenny Williams...and it was his first big rivalry game.
    I didn't think he played that bad, I think his opponents played better.

You should make Grayson pay for it. He has no excuse

UNC is the 6 seed, Wheat, so I have some pie coming to me.

I do wish Clemson had snuck out a win at Syracuse so it didn't come down to a tiebreaker. But I am comforted by a few things:

(1) I think I probably win more easily if not for the devastating injuries suffered by Notre Dame (Colson, some Farrell), Clemson (Grantham), and Miami (Brown).
    (2) When you bet that UNC would finish as a top-3 seed, I'm sure the record you had in mind wasn't 11-7.
    (3) Since Miami, Clemson, NCSU, and UNC all simultaneously occupy 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th place, mathematically it's not sound to say that all these teams are "tied for third", imo (and UNC lost the tiebreakers to be seeded 6th). UNC is a 4.5th-place team (as are Miami, Clemson, NCSU, and UNC).

Can't wait to pick out my pie.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    UNC is the 6 seed, Wheat, so I have some pie coming to me.
    It may make sense to wait a few days. Unless Duke and UNC play again in the ACC tourney and Duke wins, I will owe Wheat a pie and the most efficient thing would probably be for me to send one to you.

-Jason "so, I'm kinda rooting for the Heels to make the ACC semis... ugh" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

It may make sense to wait a few days. Unless Duke and UNC play again in the ACC tourney and Duke wins, I will owe Wheat a pie and the most efficient thing would probably be for me to send one to you.

No offense, Jason, but a pie bought by you won't taste as good.

Wheat is buying me a pie.

Also, we're not simplifying algebraic equations here :-). We're settling bets, of which two were made.

Screw efficiency. Don’t agree to this, Troublemaker! Wheat owes you a pie, not Jason. You deserve to savor your personal victory, and I am confident that the taste of Jason’s pie would significantly pale in comparison to Wheat’s.

Same goes for Wheat. You can make good with Troublemaker while still fully enjoying the spoils of whatever bet you made with Jason. You would have earned it, and you should definitely enjoy it!

Why are you trying to bail out Wheat/“/“/“? Who do you think you are, the NCAA?

Also, we're not simplifying algebraic equations here :-). We're settling bets, of which two were made.
    Congrats Trouble!

You are a hell of a good gambler. I'm impressed by your negotiation of this bet. Just shortly upthread bedeviled links the negotiations of this bet. Note that if Trouble had originally agreed to Wheat's proposition (that UNCheat finishes at least tied for top 3 in ACC) that Trouble would have technically lost this bet, or possibly a push due to lack of clarity. But Trouble carefully clarified this scenario, even using UNCheat's final record if they tied for 3rd with multiple other teams. So they agreed on ACC Tourney seeding for simplicity. This exact scenario occurred.

So Trouble won the pie fair and square. And he won it in the sweetest possible way, Duke beats the cheats in Cameron in a game with all the stakes (he loses if we lose).

Enjoy! Agreed, Wheat should purchase the pie and ship it, regardless of other bets.

Congrats!!

I'd go for double or nothing...

Just sayin'...

JasonEvans, who are you rooting for Wed night when Syracuse plays the Cheats?

(There is only one right answer, even though that outcome would cost you a pie).

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    JasonEvans, who are you rooting for Wed night when Syracuse plays the Cheats?

(There is only one right answer, even though that outcome would cost you a pie).

I hope it’s humble pie.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I hope it’s humble pie.
    If I eat humble pie, I don’t need no doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by House G View Post
    If I eat humble pie, I don’t need no doctor.
    Is that ‘cause you know what’s ailing you?

We’re it me, I would spend thirty days in the hole.

Your pie is on the way, they said it should arrive Friday.

It came down to the last game and I had u puckered up that last 7 minutes I know at Cameron, so I take some satisfaction in that

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    Screw efficiency. Don’t agree to this, Troublemaker! Wheat owes you a pie, not Jason. You deserve to savor your personal victory, and I am confident that the taste of Jason’s pie would significantly pale in comparison to Wheat’s.

Same goes for Wheat. You can make good with Troublemaker while still fully enjoying the spoils of whatever bet you made with Jason. You would have earned it, and you should definitely enjoy it!
    Absolutely...I never considered anything else.