Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MBB: UVA 65, Duke 63 Post-Game Thread

Put your post-game thoughts here. If you need to vent or bash Duke coaches or players, do it elsewhere.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Next play.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    Next play.
    That's not what the next play philosophy refers to.

UVa is a great team and we showed a lot of resiliency in the second half. This game should make us better. Missing front ends of 1 and 1s as well as turning the ball over too many times was the difference. Congrats to Virginia. They deserved to win. I'm honestly not that upset by the loss and don't think it's a terrible omen for the rest of the season. Would have if that 13 point lead stuck the rest of the game but Duke fighting back showed a lot.

Shot ourselves in the foot.got violated.tough one to swallow.

Can't miss four front ends and beat good teams. A repeat of that at the wrong time can end your season.

I’m encouraged. Guys showed grit and growth in the huge 2nd half rally. FTs were ultimately our undoing. I’m sure folks will bash Trevon (as they always do) but he was a man in the 2nd half. He made a bad decision toward the end but It’s certainly a coachable moment when they review the tape. Hate to lose, but this felt like a type of loss that guys can grow from. On to the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
    That's not what the next play philosophy refers to.
    Excuse me then...
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

A tale of two halves. UVA s good but Duke made a lot of unforced errors today - sloppy TO's, missed shots and free throws. With a few different plays it could have gone the other way. Congrats to the Cavaliers. If we see them in the ACC tourney we should have a better showing.

Baffled by the lack of a review of those swinging elbows.

Way too many turnovers. Probably would have won if we'd played zone the whole game like we did against Michigan State. Learning experience. We'll get them in the ACCT.

I think we'll see UVA at least 1 more time. We must play smarter down the stretch and Carter and Bagley need to avoid turnovers in their high/low game

As I said before the game, first team to 65 wins. Free Throw shooting hurt us.
    Bob Green

Abysmal last two minutes
    I said in the pre game thread Duval would be key. He wasn’t present for most of the game. The long court pass when down two was a bad freshmen mistake.
    It was nice it was close after an awful shooting first half

As a joke l, any Duke fan going to the dorm offering free throw help to Carter. He left 5 points on the line.

Congrats to UVA and their fans for a great road win for them and probably locking up the regular season title.

For Duke, we've just got to move on, stay positive, and continue to improve the rest of the season. The ACC tournament is obviously still in play.

Imo, our fans are sort of embarrassing with some of our in-game comments. Chill out.

What a great game. Hats off to the hoos. No doubt they are the best in the conference. I'm hoping for an ACC tournament rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by Chard View Post
    Baffled by the lack of a review of those swinging elbows.
    Yeah, I don't want to be a sour grapes guy in a loss, but why was that not a flagrant foul?

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Imo, our fans are sort of embarrassing with some of their in-game comments. Chill out.
    I agree 100 percent.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by SkyBrickey View Post
    Way too many turnovers. Probably would have won if we'd played zone the whole game like we did against Michigan State. Learning experience. We'll get them in the ACCT.
    I think we’d have to go to 1-3-1. They started to kill the zone with the passes to the FT line.

We could’ve won this. UVA started to figure out some ways to get points against the zone just in time, but we still had a chance. We had the ball down by 2 and Duval turned it over with a risky pass. Wish we could’ve gotten it to Bagley there, but that’s the way it goes. We can beat this team.