Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Vegas has Duke by 9.5.

Let's just win by 1.5, stay healthy, and be ready if somebody tries to throw Grayson into the bench this year
    If we win by 1.5, that would be a real trick.

EDIT: great minds and all that...

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Gonna be tricky to win by 1.5...
    Thankfully we have Tricky,

just the man to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth&Justise View Post
    From my view, this is a classic trap game:
    • Team and fans might be looking ahead to UVA game
    • Recent win over Wake fuels over-confidence
    • Mid-week road game in a hostile environment
    • While successful, Duke is still VERY young

I think this will be a difficult game. Wake is very motivated to get the notch on their belt that they missed out on against UVA. We will need to be focused on this game, and not any other upcoming games. This should be a good indicator of our young team's maturity.

I still expect us to win, but don't be surprised if it's close.
    I agree totally, trap game . We will win close game. Foul trouble may be an issue if we don’t play zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bull City Proud View Post
    I agree totally, trap game . We will win close game. Foul trouble may be an issue if we don’t play zone.
    All games scare me. We are 2-2 on road w losses to BC and State ... Wake is all we should be thinking about. These guys are much better than Pitt and hung w UVA

Vegas has Duke by 9.5.

Let's just win by 1.5, stay healthy, and be ready if somebody tries to throw Grayson into the bench this year
    Too soon.

I wish you hadn't reminded me of that incident.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    All games scare me. We are 2-2 on road w losses to BC and State ... Wake is all we should be thinking about. These guys are much better than Pitt and hung w UVA
    BC hung with UVa, too. At UVa.

Total trap game. LJA is always a tough crowd that hates duke. If our entire starting 5 fouls out, it will be a tough game to win.
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by Bull City Proud View Post
    Wake is an ACC team with some talent who playes a physical game. We play them on the road with a fairly short rest with a team made up of freshmen with one senior who may be coming out of a funk. Our backup players were unimpressive in the Pitt game. Yes, our team is improving its defense with practice time and we are more talented, but this is no cakewalk. I like the improvement in Trent's game. Duval is also coming along nicely although needs to avoid trying to make spectacular passes and realize Duke will win if we minimize turnovers. Hope Grayson can continue to come out of his shooting slump and that will take us to another level.

Vegas has Duke by 9.5.

One can only hope the refs keep a lid on this one and snuff out anything heading in that direction...

Unfortunately we've already had a few games where MBIII and WCJr have been borderline assaulted, so I'm sure Doral Moore has been given the green light to test the whistles early in an attempt to keep our bigs out of their flow.

Trap Game

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    Total trap game. LJA is always a tough crowd that hates duke. If our entire starting 5 fouls out, it will be a tough game to win.
    We quit going to Winston to see Duke play Wake. That crowd is horrible.

Spread if we play zone: 16.5
    Spread if we play man: 2.5

I see what Vegas did there.

I didn't realize Wake had such a long losing streak going...5 in a row and 7 of 8. One assumes they'll be foaming at the mouth to win, but does anyone know if, maybe, they are about ready to roll over and quit on Danny? I hope for the latter but expect the former. We've got some momentum, let's keep it rolling tonight.

Didn't Grayson outscore the entire Wake team during the first half when they played at Duke his freshman year? This would be a good night for a repeat performance.

Quote Originally Posted by happydays1949 View Post
    We quit going to Winston to see Duke play Wake. That crowd is horrible.
    You're kidding right? I took my family to a Duke vs Wake game a couple of years ago and even though I was sporting my Duke gear everyone was super nice to us.

Need the guards to play well in this one- particularly GA. Always a tough game.

Quote Originally Posted by awhom111 View Post
    No, this will be on the ACC OTA Network again like the last game, although on fewer stations around the country.

TV stations and free, unrestricted stream:
    http://theacc.com/sports/2017/12/9/a...bb-180123.aspx

Blackout Map:

Black:
    -On TV via station from list linked above
    -Online via link posted above

Green:
    -On TV via station from list linked above
    -On TV via ESPN College Extra (DirecTV 789, AT&T U-Verse 615, Verizon FIOS 822)
    -Online via link posted above
    -Online via ACC Network Extra section of WatchESPN
    I am in the black area. When I go to the link it appears it will work on my iPhone ("your event will start at 9pm")... But on my iPad it says 'authentication error. Please try later '. Thoughts ?? I want to watch on my iPad

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Games like this make DirecTV worthwhile, at least for me (even though everyone hates all cable and satellite companies, of course).
    Great for football, too. It used to be you had to buy a special package each year, e.g. Full Court, to get these games...
    LOVE DirecTV. HATE the commercials on those upper channels. Same darn things over and over and over and over ...

Quote Originally Posted by BullBlue View Post
    Didn't Grayson outscore the entire Wake team during the first half when they played at Duke his freshman year? This would be a good night for a repeat performance.
    For your amusement and reminiscence:
    https://www.bloggersodear.com/2015/3...ap-final-score

This always brings me a smile
    Tent 1 Three-peat (2012-2014)

No Bolden tonight

Quote Originally Posted by jjredickrules View Post
    For your amusement and reminiscence:
    https://www.bloggersodear.com/2015/3...ap-final-score

This always brings me a smile
    Ah ha ha ha. Thanks, I was highly amused. I hadn't seen that one before.