Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by miramar View Post
    Four McDonald's All Americans. We are all beyond spoiled, but of course most teams don't get any.
    Some teams just go to McDonald's.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Gotta admit....when I first saw him as a recruit and realized Duke was a bit of a long shot I forced myself to not watch his highlights so that I wouldn't be bitter when we didn't get him.

But now...man....next year is gonna be just as wild as this year...maybe even more.

Starting 5:
    Jones
    Barret
    Reddish
    Zion
    Bolden

Bench:
    DeLaurier
    Vrank
    Goldwire
    O'Connell

One way-too-early stab at it. I'm a fan of JRob, but I figure most people will just give all of his minutes to Javin.

32 Fr TreJones So Goldwire
    34 Fr Barrett 24 So O'Connell
    34 Fr Reddish Jr White
    32 Fr Williamson 8 rJr Robinson
    20 Jr Bolden 16 Jr DeLaurier Sr Vrankovic

HahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaHahahaha hahahaHahahahahahahaHahahahahahaha

All you can do is laugh.

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by DangerDevil View Post
    If only the recruiting game wouldn’t have passed Coach K by when he became the Olympic Coach.
    Please call John Feinstein to discuss!

How incredible! My high school senior, who is the basis of my user name, starts college in the fall. Not at Duke. She just asked me if we really had #1, 2 and three next year and how we did it. “Coach K”was my response.

What a program!

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Some teams just go to McDonald's.
    If they let PJ Hairston pick.

Quote Originally Posted by miramar View Post
    Four McDonald's All Americans. We are all beyond spoiled, but of course most teams don't get any.
    Our program continues to BLOW MY MIND! The recruiting to Duke has just been fantastic for such a long time. Bagley III,Carter, Du Val and Trent Jr.Now we are getting a Michael Jordan 2.0 in Barrett, Tre Jones, Cameron Reddish and Zion Williamson. DeLaurier, Bolden, O Connell, White ,Vrankovic ,Robinson ,Goldwire returning. Jordan Tucker can't blame him for transfer. Duke is loaded for 2018-19.
    Last edited by heyman25; 01-20-2018 at 08:54 PM. Reason: misspelled Vrankovic

I now have Carolina getting also sorts of preseason #1 votes (point guard or no point guard).
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Thanks for posting these stats. I did watch a little of his game at the Hoop Hall Classic last week. He is not a guy that wants to shoot the 3 a lot, but shooting 30% from that range his sophomore and junior year gives some hope. He IS a big kid and far more skilled that his reputation. The kid can lead the break, loves to pass, and play help defense. He's clearly a talented player and not just an athletic freak. Also, he is an athletic freak. Wowowowowow.

I think these kids want a chance to be coached by a legend. I am stunned.

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    Our program continues to BLOW MY MIND! The recruiting to Duke has just been fantastic for such a long time. Bagley III,Carter, Du Val and Trent Jr.Now we are getting a Michael Jordan 2.0 in Barrett, Tre Jones, Cameron Reddish and Zion Williamson. DeLaurier Bolden, O Connell White Vrancovic Robinson Goldwire returning. Jordan Tucker can't blame him for transfer. Duke is loaded for 2018-19.
    But of course next year's team will have some inexplicable early season road loss and we will start a thread asking why does Coach K keep recruiting one and dones...
    (Only 1/2 kidding).

What was very interesting was Zion's reference to the Brotherhood. This is some awesome marketing that is not related just to Coach K being at Duke.

didn't see that one coming!!!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

It'll be interesting to see how Duke transforms his body. I imagine he won't be able to play at that weight in college. Could be possible he gets even more explosive.

Quote Originally Posted by BigZ View Post
    Go checkout the Tar Heel boards , they are calling for a FBI investigation
    @ICMeltdown on twitter is one of my favorite follows. He pulls some of the more laugh worthy posts if you don't want to sully your hands by actually visiting cheater boards.

Please remember

some didn't think K coaching the Olympic Team would have any positive ramifications. I thought completely we were out of this equation, but, obviously not. Amazing how many of the top recruits we're getting now. Calipari has to be sweating bullets. And should be.

Don't know how the hell this happened, but damned if I'm not pumped about it.
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

This is a little embarrassing, actually.

Lots of pressure on the Duke team for this year and next.

Kindly,
    Sage Grouse
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by kmspeaks View Post
    @ICMeltdown on twitter is one of my favorite follows. He pulls some of the more laugh worthy posts if you don't want to sully your hands by actually visiting cheater boards.
    Second this.

And now for the next surprise - Wendell's mom convinces him to come back one more year to further his education...