View Poll Results: Who was Man of the Match in Duke's win over Miami tonight?

Voters
160. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wendell Carter

49 30.63%
  • Marvin Bagley

0 0%
  • Gary Trent

105 65.63%
  • Grayson Allen

2 1.25%
  • Trevon Duval

3 1.88%
  • Justin Robinson

0 0%
  • Alex O'Connell

0 0%
  • Jordan Goldwire

1 0.63%
  • Jack White

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    There are many great things about our voting on MOTM and I enjoy those things. However there is one thing that I don't like and that's we sometimes feel the need to defend our votes and that leads to posting negative things about the Duke players. Why can't we just say why we voted for our choice and leave it at that. I've been guilty of adding something like; I would have voted for so and so, but I didn't because they didn't comb their hari right or they played with their shirt hanging out too may times. Of course I'm joking but you get my drift. I hate to see our players get bashed or even talked about in a negative way. When someone points out that Grayson's shot is off, that's a fact, but to say his scoring is useless or that Duval plays out of control just seems over the top. GoDuke!
    Luke combed his hair right- it was just that he kept messing with it.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    I'm good with Duval. His 17 and 8 were needed. I replied to your post but tried to be clear that I had seen multiple people point out that these rebounds and subsequent plays were examples of why Duval had a good game. Duval did have a good game, although a bit bi-polar. My issue is with people using missing the front end of 2 one-and-ones as and example of something positive. If we are going to point out the things Duval did well in this game, there are lots of things to list that don't involve those missed FT's.
    If you are thinking of me, since I first brought it up, I raised it as a negative for Miami by asking how could they allow him to rebound the ball twice in a row.