Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Clemson was putrid in the 1st half and trails by 15. They left 8 points at the free throw line.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    I was really hoping to follow this s game on the “not going to jinx it” thread.
    Clemson has contained UNC’s big two- but not the rest.

I’m convinced that Clemson will never ever ever win in ch. It’s just cosmically impossible in my lifetime. It’s incredible. Tonight isn’t even close.

Quote Originally Posted by dukebluesincebirth View Post
    I’m convinced that Clemson will never ever ever win in ch. It’s just cosmically impossible in my lifetime. It’s incredible. Tonight isn’t even close.
    We all reach this conclusion at some point. It’s must a matter of when.
    Carolina delenda est

Another tough loss for the undermanned Irish. This time in double OT.

If you're a glutton for punishment and want to watch some truly ugly basketball, check out the Pitt-Syracuse game. Orange up 39-35 with just over 8 minutes left in the game. The teams are a combined 26-for-73 from the field

Won’t Get Fooled Again

I am NEVER watching another Clemson @ unc game again. It’s always the same outcome, no matter what the backdrop is from year to year. I always tune in, and it’s groundhog day. Can’t fathom why I’d ever watch again. Of course come next year, my tune will likely change and my hopes will be dashed yet again.

Meet the new Tigers, same as the old . . .

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    If you're a glutton for punishment and want to watch some truly ugly basketball, check out the Pitt-Syracuse game. Orange up 39-35 with just over 8 minutes left in the game. The teams are a combined 26-for-73 from the field
    I thought it was still the first half by the score before realizing it was 5 minutes left in the 2nd half. This is...painful to watch. If we don't hold Pitt to less then 60 it'll be depressing. Or really even less than 50.
    Duke '03
    Tent 1 '99/'00

I would love to see the Clemson football team get a chance to play the Tarheels in death valley every season

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    I would love to see the Clemson football team get a chance to play the Tarheels in death valley every season
    Divisional trade proposal: Y'all take the cheaters in your division and we'll take BC (or WFU) and drop "u"nc as our annual "rivals." What say?

(Yea, yea, I know. We've got The Bell and have won a few against them in recent years but...)
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Divisional trade proposal: Y'all take the cheaters in your division and we'll take BC (or WFU) and drop "u"nc as our annual "rivals." What say?

(Yea, yea, I know. We've got The Bell and have won a few against them in recent years but...)
    Oh heck no...I don't want to bring down the academic standing of our division after all, compared to the Cheats that Atlantic Division with FSU, Clemson and Lousiville looks like the Ivy League of the South.

Quote Originally Posted by dukebluesincebirth View Post
    I wonder what kind of adjustment KenPom makes in his algorithm predictions when Clemson visits Chapel Hill? 15 points extra home court advantage?
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Tuned in to State-Wake with 2 minutes left, 63 all. State scores the last nine points to win 72-63.

PackMan97, you're welcome.

UVA-Ho HUM

Gave up 48, wins easily. This is one good hoops team. Big showdown on the horizon, but I refuse to get ahead of myself. Let's win the next 2, then...
    Wake and State close in Raleigh. Oh, were, State won 72-63. State's been somewhat impressive.

Strange call at the end of the State game. Childress drives to the hoop and clearly gets fouled by Beverly, but the refs check to see who the ball went out of bounds off last and turn the ball over to State.

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    Tuned in to State-Wake with 2 minutes left, 63 all. State scores the last nine points to win 72-63.

Starting to think State is going to mess around and get IN to the tourney. I've been impressed with the little I've seen of them. They played very well vs my Hoos - aside from the fact that we had a really good shooting night, and they had a very bad one (I mean on the quality looks that they got, not the usual "forced" bad shooting by our D), they played us pretty evenly, maybe even a smidge better. They dominated us on the glass and actually forced some live ball turnovers for easy points. Usually a recipe to lose, but lucky for us they couldn't hit a jumper if their life depended on it (in that game anyway).

When they get a FULL effort and shoot well- they can probably beat anyone (as I'm sure the bulk of fans here know, apologies). I'm just saying that, "The Duke game was not a fluke" isn't a line that disparages Duke, it's a line that compliments the Pack.

Go ACC (mostly...)

Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post
    Gave up 48, wins easily. This is one good hoops team. Big showdown on the horizon, but I refuse to get ahead of myself. Let's win the next 2, then...
    Wake and State close in Raleigh. Oh, were, State won 72-63. State's been somewhat impressive.
    Exactly as I (and most UVA fans) feel - don't want to mess up and drop one we (or you too) shouldn't before then and the environment for that game should be electric. I don't think we'll fare to well, but I think I'll decline to get into analysis until the game is MUCH closer.

Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post
    UVA's defense is clearly getting locked in. In a change from previous years, we've essentially traded excellent defensive rebounding for creating more turnovers. Ultimately, I think that's an improvement. Our conversion rate on a turnover is likely higher than the median offensive rebound from another team.

That said, it's increasingly clear that DeAndre Hunter is the only truly dangerous Hoo driving to the basket. Devon Hall and Kyle Guy can do it from time to time, but not reliably enough. That's going to continue to be a problem against teams that guard our perimeter shooters well.

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post

Thank you. Who knows what would have happened without your help?

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo2000 View Post
    they had a very bad one (I mean on the quality looks that they got, not the usual "forced" bad shooting by our D),

When they get a FULL effort and shoot well- they can probably beat anyone (as I'm sure the bulk of fans here know, apologies). I'm just saying that, "The Duke game was not a fluke" isn't a line that disparages Duke, it's a line that compliments the Pack.

Go ACC (mostly...)
    State is a die by the three team this season. We can be extraordinarily bad at shooting regardless of the defense. It seems like the team wants to shoot more outside shots when they don't fall.

Keatts has the team playing a winning style. I don't remember the last time we had not one but three signature wins before the middle of January.