We got a message this summer from a Ph.D. candidate at Indiana named Galen Clavio, who is doing a study on fan site message boards. He asked if he could post something on DBR asking if people would participate in a survey, and we hope a lot of you will help out. It's a research project, and it could be pretty interesting. Here's a note from Galen explaining what he's up to:

Hi, my name is Galen Clavio, and I'm a Ph.D. student at Indiana University.
You are cordially invited to participate in a research study on sport message board users. This is the first study of its kind, and the basic premise of the project is that sport message boards, particularly those dealing with university athletic programs, represent an important and rapidly growing part of the overall sport landscape.

It's my hope that this study will help to increase the body of knowledge for
researchers about sports message boards, while also shedding light on how important they've become to the sports world as a whole.

The survey is completely anonymous, and will take you about 5-10 minutes to complete. Thanks in advance for your participation! If you have any questions, please email me at gclavio@indiana.edu

Survey Link