Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MBB: Duke 87, Pitt 52 Post-Game Thread

Put your post-game thoughts here.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Ready for MOTM?!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Very solid performance aside from the opening 8 minutes of the second half. Really pumped about the bench contributions on both ends of the floor. Great road win, one I hope our guys will build off of.

Quote Originally Posted by JBDuke View Post
    Put your post-game thoughts here.
    We did not learn a lot because Pitt is pretty bad, but JRob was impressive and can certainly contribute while Bolden and Javin heal up. He has excellent timing, seems to know where to be on D and can hit from deep when open. Allen was better but not great. Trent was good late. I still think AOC is the best shooter on the team. K used his bench- got a little more intensity on D. Will know more after the Wake game.

Hard to say anything bad. No Bolden or Javin but bench still played well against inferior opponent. Still worried about Grayson. Would love to see him go off. Happy with outcome and play from starters and Robinson/White et al.

Where was javin tonight? Maybe they mentioned something in the first half but didn’t hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by DBGoins View Post
    Where was javin tonight? Maybe they mentioned something in the first half but didn’t hear it.
    Bad hamstring

Quote Originally Posted by DBGoins View Post
    Bolden and Javin out today with injuries.

A decisive ACC win! I'll take it, no matter who it is.

Interesting that we went stagnant for the first few minutes of the 2nd, but ratcheted up the intensity once Pitt had a mini-run. Of course we also went zone and that seemed to help in forcing turnovers. Would be nice to see us turn teams over like this going forward.

Two surprisingly strong games from White and Robinson off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by karmacoma View Post
    Very solid performance aside from the opening 8 minutes of the second half. Really pumped about the bench contributions on both ends of the floor. Great road win, one I hope our guys will build off of.
    One gripe: 7 for 18 from the stripe needs to be improved upon. 40% won't get it done v. better opposition.

Grayson may be the key to this team's success. He played pretty well tonight but continued a bad streak of outside shooting.

I'd like to see them run a few plays for him.

Fun to see the guys who don't play much. Robinson had a great game.

Go Duke.

Like what Robinson brings to the lineup, outside shooting and rim protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Neals384 View Post
    Two surprisingly strong games from White and Robinson off the bench.
    I thought White had a 3--ESPN box score credits him for 0-1 from the field.

Loved seeing everybody play meaningful minutes. 22 points off the bench.
    Loved seeing the defensive intensity right from the tip, even if it faded some in the second half.
    New career high for J-Rob!!!

Nice to see Robinson throw his hat into the ring for 6th man. That's probably going to be the story for this team the remainder of the year. Which kid steps-up to cement that position.

Grayson Allen 2-9 from deep range. Again. What's going on? He's gotta start hitting.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    I thought White had a 3--ESPN box score credits him for 0-1 from the field.
    Don't remember that, but he had a few nice offensive boards and looked composed out there.

Not to mention Laphnso Ellis giving K props for not getting credit for being a"good Xs and Os" coach. Yes, the wins are impressive but K just doesn't get enough acknowledgement per Laphons

Lolol, that was funny.

Hang in there K.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Wow. Pitt is bad. Like really bad. I had heard they were pretty weak this year but hadn't watched them play yet. It wouldn't surprise me if they win only one conference game all year. Maybe two.

It looked like we were playing a DIII team out there.