Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    To all thread mates: I enjoy reading your posts and you can send me PMs as long as you don't expect any quick responses.

I love Duke as much, and maybe more, than anyone else on this planet. You may not know this, but Duke was last place in the ACC for four straight years before I arrived on campus in the Fall of 1977. And before my senior year season in high school in 1976 when Duke was sucking, I was Coach Foster's first "early commitment", years before "early commitments" were even a thing. I just had a gut feeling that Duke was the place for me, and I was right. Fortunately for me, too, Gene Banks chose Duke in the Spring of 1977! Hahahaha! But seriously, I owe almost everything I have in life to my Duke experience.

Regarding this year's squad, tonight's win at Miami was a good example of freshman growing up a little bit more each game under pressure. And when Grayson comes out of his mid-season slump, watch the f&ck out!

#GoDuke

-KennyD

Hey Kenny! Thanks for the memories!

I was in the front row under the basket with my snare drum for that amazing shot by Banks. I once saw a picture (front page of the Durham Morning Herald perhaps?) that showed Gene in the air, ball in the air and the clock in the shot behind it showing what I remember as 2.3 seconds.

In this time, I'm sure I could have found it online, printed and framed it. Maybe I could have even tracked down Gene to sign it. Instead it's just one of many incredible Duke basketball memories.

Thanks for being such an unabashed Duke lover, it suits you and makes you a great ambassador for the university we all love.

I can't believe nobody has mentioned the story of Coach K retiring from Duke had we beaten Arkansas in the championship game in 1994.

Just think how different it would have been to the baskeball landscape had that happened? Who would have taken over for him, Amaker?

And after taking a few seasons off to get the break he needed (as the 1995 season proved), surely he would have come back. Where would he have gone? The Celtics were looking for a big name in 97, would K have gotten the nod instead of Pitino? Would Pitino have stayed in UK then?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I can't believe nobody has mentioned the story of Coach K retiring from Duke had we beaten Arkansas in the championship game in 1994.

Just think how different it would have been to the baskeball landscape had that happened? Who would have taken over for him, Amaker?

And after taking a few seasons off to get the break he needed (as the 1995 season proved), surely he would have come back. Where would he have gone? The Celtics were looking for a big name in 97, would K have gotten the nod instead of Pitino? Would Pitino have stayed in UK then?
    The sports landscape would certainly be different...

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    Hey Kenny! Thanks for the memories!

I was in the front row under the basket with my snare drum for that amazing shot by Banks. I once saw a picture (front page of the Durham Morning Herald perhaps?) that showed Gene in the air, ball in the air and the clock in the shot behind it showing what I remember as 2.3 seconds.

In this time, I'm sure I could have found it online, printed and framed it. Maybe I could have even tracked down Gene to sign it. Instead it's just one of many incredible Duke basketball memories.

Thanks for being such an unabashed Duke lover, it suits you and makes you a great ambassador for the university we all love.
    Here's my favorite pic of Gene's shot with 0:00 on the clock and the ball just released the shot.jpg.

And here's a great clip of that play. https://youtu.be/aV1B2Bp0EIg

Best
    -KennyD

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Here's my favorite pic of Gene's shot with 0:00 on the clock and the ball just released the shot.jpg.

And here's a great clip of that play. https://youtu.be/aV1B2Bp0EIg

Best
    -KennyD
    I was in Sec 1 - Perkins didn't touch the ball...

-jk