Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    UNC stole one on the road for sure. But you know what they say, good teams find a way to win when they don't play well.

I thought the ball bounced ND's way most of the night, like often happens at home, until that last follow shot.
    Deflections seemed to find ND players like a magnet, and the same with some long rebounds, which ND gathered by being quicker to the ball. And several ND shots rattled around the rim and found a way to fall. ND was getting a lot of breaks to keep them in it even tho they weren't shooting it well, and much of that was due to their aggressiveness. They played hard.

UNC played hard as well, but had a horrendous outside shooting night. Cam Johnson and Kenny Williams, who are both good shooters, couldn't buy an outside shot. An average UNC shooting night and this game wouldn't have been close.

I credit a better job of limiting turnovers and experienced leadership from Pinson, Maye and Berry, along with some strong minutes from freshman Manley off the bench for staying in a position to get a road win after shooting it so bad.

Clutch defense and free throw shooting, along with a little luck, got this one done.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    UNC stole one on the road for sure. But you know what they say, good teams find a way to win when they don't play well.
    Yes, I've heard this quote, but who said the Cheats were a good team? So far when they've played a quality opponent they've gotten spanked (MSU and UVA).

Quote Originally Posted by ncexnyc View Post
    Yes, I've heard this quote, but who said the Cheats were a good team? So far when they've played a quality opponent they've gotten spanked (MSU and UVA).
    UNC has been very inconsistent, dealing with injuries and freshmen bigs, but they've played a top five schedule in the country so far and are 13-4. That's a good team.

Roy has actually gotten the most out of this squad but right now they have two consistent players and unproven bigs. Until someone else steps up I don’t consider them a top tier team. Williams could make a leap but if Berry has a bad night they have zero chance. And ND is a shell of the team they were with Bonzi and Ferrell out. Not really a great win on the road considering they are missing 35 points and 15 boards. I think Duke beats them by 15 or more especially without Colson.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    UNC stole one on the road for sure.
    So, in addition to cheating, they are now thieving? Is there no end to their immoral acts and deprivation?

Anyone complaining about UNCs status as most favored team hasn't been paying attention. This is what they do. The rules do not apply to them as they do everyone else.

9f 9o9f 9o
    Last edited by PackMan97; 01-13-2018 at 10:37 PM.

UNC didn't steal anything...they were gifted this game pure and simple. There were multiple bad calls at the end of this game ALL of them went one way. That BS illegal screen call was horrendous, for example. SMDH. I don't understand why the NCAA favors the dirtiest program in the land.

I'm looking forward to the NC State at Virginia game tonight. I really enjoy watching Virginia play defense. The Hoos are favored by 15 points.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I'm looking forward to the NC State at Virginia game tonight. I really enjoy watching Virginia play defense. The Hoos are favored by 15 points.
    It would be more, if UVA were a faster paced team.

The only thing giving me hope is how UNCW did last year. Unfortunately, This year states team hasn't played in Keats offense for 3years.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    UNC didn't steal anything...they were gifted this game pure and simple. There were multiple bad calls at the end of this game ALL of them went one way. That BS illegal screen call was horrendous, for example. SMDH. I don't understand why the NCAA favors the dirtiest program in the land.
    I lost money on this too 😞

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    There were some missed calls both ways, like there are in every game.

Manley's effort to get the loose ball shot off at the rim, and Berry's hustle to get the miss and a shot at the rim before the shot clock when he was fouled won the game... along with some luck.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    It would be more, if UVA were a faster paced team.

The only thing giving me hope is how UNCW did last year. Unfortunately, This year states team hasn't played in Keats offense for 3years.
    Will State have Johnson back as their PG for this game? I read the charges are dropped but i don't know if that means that NCSU will allow him to play.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    Will State have Johnson back as their PG for this game? I read the charges are dropped but i don't know if that means that NCSU will allow him to play.
    I don't know. During his suspension he did not participate in any team activities/practices. He is behind in a lot of what we've been doing in practice and in the film room.

He has been reinstated, so It's basically coach's decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Me too. It's a tall order for State on the road, but I am hoping for a close game. Mainly because I'd like to want to watch all 40 minutes as opposed to drifting my attention to the interwebs while the game is just on in the background . . . .

Not sure where else to put this, and sorry if I missed it being posted before — odd story involving GT’s coach Josh Pastner:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...nnifer-pendley

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Me too. It's a tall order for State on the road, but I am hoping for a close game. Mainly because I'd like to want to watch all 40 minutes as opposed to drifting my attention to the interwebs while the game is just on in the background . . . .
    How’s the surfing going? (State down 45-25 which, given the pace at which UVa plays, may as well be 90-50.)
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    How’s the surfing going? (State down 45-25 which, given the pace at which UVa plays, may as well be 90-50.)
    Watching YouTube documentaries on the battle of Monte Cassino.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Don't look now, 47-34...that's like a 27-3 run against any normal team

I would say that State is very much a "die by the three" team this season. We don't live by the three, but in most of our losses we die by it. 1-13 from deep so far this game. A stunning 7.7%! Not to mention only 5 assists vs 13 turnovers is never a good stat to have.

State lost 68-51...but hey, that's more than the defending national champions scored against them.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    State lost 68-51...but hey, that's more than the defending national champions scored against them.
    Good game PackMan. You can tell Keatts is the right hire for NCSU. Your guys fought the entire 40 minutes and never gave up. Good luck the rest of the way.

Glad we were still ranked #3 when we played you

Quote Originally Posted by jhmoss1812 View Post
    Good game PackMan. You can tell Keatts is the right hire for NCSU. Your guys fought the entire 40 minutes and never gave up. Good luck the rest of the way.

Glad we were still ranked #3 when we played you
    You have to fight with the army you've got as a new coach.

For the most part, State fans this year are just looking for a team that doesn't quit and plays hard. That we've beaten 3 top 20 teams is a bit frustrating because we can play very well at times, and then other times we don't. Just too inconsistent right now. Can't wait to see what happens with Bryce and Daniels joining the team next season.