Page 181 of 183 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183 LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,620 of 3645
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    not me, but that was where I worked for 25 years when it was an IBM facility.* Funny thing is, people don't realize how, in the semiconductor world, $125 million is but a drop in the bucket, but corporations always like to have their hands out.
    Just for reference, a new state of the art semiconductor factory will set you back perhaps eight billion bucks, individual tools can cost hundreds of millions.

In the 1980s that factory was the most sophisticated semiconductor facility in the world, then it got old.
    ASML stock price can attest.

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    ASML stock price can attest.
    So you see, not everyone hates the Dutch!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    You mean it was so high because people wanted their quick cash?! No way!

Al Shalloudi said he bought at $37 per share and cashed out late last week at $65 per share, clinching a 76% return on his $4,000 investment in just a few days. TMTG's stock closed on Monday at $48.66 after listing on Nasdaq last week in a deal that valued it at just $10 per share.

“It was a no-brainer. You buy the stock, wait for Trump's fan base to hear about it, and enjoy your profit,” Al Shalloudi said.
    https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/a...100426791.html
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Getting as low as $96 in late January, XOM closed today at $113.
    Closed at $121.37 yesterday.

Closed at $121.37 yesterday.
    Yeah I'm getting close to selling but still think we got a bit more to go.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    Yeah I'm getting close to selling but still think we got a bit more to go.
    My Blackwing does 200+ and I’ll only be burning XOM gas and oil. I’ll do my best to get you two a bit more.

Keep xoooming, Jeffrey!

Quote Originally Posted by mpj96 View Post
    Keep xoooming, Jeffrey!
    Much thanks, that’s the plan!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    My Blackwing does 200+ and I’ll only be burning XOM gas and oil. I’ll do my best to get you two a bit more.
    What's the fastest you have gone? 0 to 60 MPH time?

Quote Originally Posted by duke79 View Post
    What's the fastest you have gone? 0 to 60 MPH time?
    I’m still breaking in the beast. Caddy says 3.4 seconds.

“Performance: 668 horsepower, 659 lb-ft of torque, 0 – 60 mph in 3.4 secs, and 200 mph top speed.”

You’ve already got it to go up 1.24% since you said that so I’m sending you my gratitude as I see absolutely no other way this could have happened. Keep burning it for us 😂
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    You’ve already got it to go up 1.24% since you said that so I’m sending you my gratitude as I see absolutely no other way this could have happened. Keep burning it for us 😂
    Will do! I’m planning on burning the doors off of Walsh’s Maserati.

Recent inflation reports…

CPI - oh no!
    PPI - don’t worry!

Thoughts?

Recent inflation reports…

CPI - oh no!
    PPI - don’t worry!
    I was expecting this on the POTUS thread. I think the CPI will slow down the Fed.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere
    Thoughts?
    Joe Walsh’s Maserati never went 185. It be lucky to go more than 165.

Keep holding your XOM. I’ll continue doing my part.

Could see it going either way, but I don't think the fed is going to raise rates in July. That takes them at their word as data dependent and no big changes as to US economic status. Data doesn't support rate cuts that I can see.

Market is really hating these big bank returns. JPM down more than 5% seems like a buying opportunity to me.

I feel like market is taking a beating lately but it's still up 9% this year already. Still, with inflation numbers and fed moves and an election year, I am not overly optimistic and have cash on sidelines (since it's earning 5%+ in money markets) and will await buying opportunities later. Probably swapping out my 0% fixed I bonds for 1.3% fixed (+variable inflation rates) before end of month. Nice long term inflation percentage but of course some annoying restrictions/hoops to jump through in that regard and I still expect stocks to be better long term.

Why MM over TBills?

Quote Originally Posted by mpj96 View Post
    Why MM over TBills?
    Because it's simpler/easier/pricing not based on secondary markets at the time...tbills yield a bit more though. Maybe I'm giving up a bit of return but I'm okay with it for complexity/redemption/flexibility tradeoffs. It's probably also just "momentum" in that I haven't historically had tbills... But yeah, for many, tbills look attractive right now.

Joe Walsh’s Maserati never went 185. It be lucky to go more than 165.
    He was looking at the kph not the mph.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    He was looking at the kph not the mph.
    Damn fool. Gotta have a HUD at those speeds.

Walsh drives like Moon the Loon did. Coming to a swimming pool near you.