Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Reminds me of the old joke I heard as an Economics major:

A ‪‎physicist‬, an ‪‎engineer‬ and an ‪‎economist‬ are stranded in the desert. They are hungry and find a can of corn. They want to open it, but how?
    The physicist says: “Let’s start a fire and place the can inside the flames. It will explode and then we will all be able to eat”.
    “Are you crazy?” says the engineer. “All the corn will burn and scatter, and we’ll have nothing. We should use a metal wire, attach it to a base, push it and crack the can open.”
    “Both of you are wrong!” states the economist. “Where the hell do we find a metal wire in the desert?! The solution is simple: Assume we have a can opener…”
    The good news is the desert coyote enjoyed the corn.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Reminds me of the old joke I heard as an Economics major:

A ‪‎physicist‬, an ‪‎engineer‬ and an ‪‎economist‬ are stranded in the desert. They are hungry and find a can of corn. They want to open it, but how?
    The physicist says: “Let’s start a fire and place the can inside the flames. It will explode and then we will all be able to eat”.
    “Are you crazy?” says the engineer. “All the corn will burn and scatter, and we’ll have nothing. We should use a metal wire, attach it to a base, push it and crack the can open.”
    “Both of you are wrong!” states the economist. “Where the hell do we find a metal wire in the desert?! The solution is simple: Assume we have a can opener…”
    You just just reminded me of a book I, uh, borrowed from the EES department at FU a decade or so ago.

sperical-cow.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    You just just reminded me of a book I, uh, borrowed from the EES department at FU a decade or so ago.

sperical-cow.jpg
    I heard the spherical cow lives at the same farm as the point-mass horse.

Today!
    ~rthomas

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    Today!
    Today are you predicting a down day on Monday, Feb. 5?

Down day to what extent?

Today's decline was/has been way overdue. No market continues a climb without a small sell-off. Corrections will happen; we've witnessed an obscene gain since the pres election. This was overdue. Could continue some, but there's no negative economic news to warrant a continued decline. Just my .02.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Today are you predicting a down day on Monday, Feb. 5?
    Complex algorithm that depends on the Super Bowl winner, whether Ricky Fowler wins the Phoenix Open, and how Duke plays today in the Garden.
    ~rthomas

Complex algorithm that depends on the Super Bowl winner, whether Ricky Fowler wins the Phoenix Open, and how Duke plays today in the Garden.
    I blame the damn groundhog. Six more weeks of winter?!? Sell, Mortimer, sell!

Are you trying to cause a panic?

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Are you trying to cause a panic?
    I’ve got all my sell orders entered already!

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I’ve got all my sell orders entered already!
    I did the opposite, I bought Nike. There will be many pairs of ragged out Nikes, needing replacement, by Wednesday afternoon.

So, I'm guessing the first part of this algorithm was Pats-friendly?
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

It’s been a brutal couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    I did the opposite, I bought Nike. There will be many pairs of ragged out Nikes, needing replacement, by Wednesday afternoon.
    I didn't sell a thing...actually was a buyer at about 3:15 when my limits were hit. Small bites...

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post

sperical-cow.jpg
    I have actually used that book as a secondary text/source of problems. It is useful in breaking an apparently intractable problem into pieces that you can approximate.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I didn't sell a thing...actually was a buyer at about 3:15 when my limits were hit. Small bites...
    I'm not surprised. The best players shine at crunch time.

I predict this week 😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    I predict this week 😂😂😂
    A hard rain's a gonna fall?

Stock market? That's so yesterday. Crypto is where everything is headed.