ACC Channel On Sirius XM

From a press release:
    NEW YORK and GREENSBORO, N.C. – The Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) and SiriusXM announced today that they will launch SiriusXM ACC Radio, a new and exclusive audio channel dedicated to the ACC. The 24/7 channel will deliver fans and alumni across the country in-depth and comprehensive access to ACC-focused sports talk and news, plus an extensive schedule of live ACC events.

SiriusXM ACC Radio will launch early in 2018 and be available exclusively to SiriusXM subscribers via select SiriusXM satellite radios (channel 371) as well as on all connected devices on which the SiriusXM app can be found. SiriusXM ACC Radio will feature live play-by-play broadcasts from many ACC sports including football, basketball, baseball and more.

The channel will also offer a daily programming lineup that will include exclusive shows, simulcasts of ACC programming, coaches shows, press conferences, classic game re-broadcasts, coverage of the conference’s football and basketball media days, as well as curated, league-specific audio highlights. ...
    Last edited by Bob Green; 12-19-2017 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    From a press release:
    NEW YORK and GREENSBORO, N.C. – The Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) and SiriusXM announced today that they will launch SiriusXM ACC Radio, a new and exclusive audio channel dedicated to the ACC. The 24/7 channel will deliver fans and alumni across the country in-depth and comprehensive access to ACC-focused sports talk and news, plus an extensive schedule of live ACC events.

SiriusXM ACC Radio will launch early in 2018 and be available exclusively to SiriusXM subscribers via select SiriusXM satellite radios (channel 371) as well as on all connected devices on which the SiriusXM app can be found. SiriusXM ACC Radio will feature live play-by-play broadcasts from many ACC sports including football, basketball, baseball and more.

The channel will also offer a daily programming lineup that will include exclusive shows, simulcasts of ACC programming, coaches shows, press conferences, classic game re-broadcasts, coverage of the conference’s football and basketball media days, as well as curated, league-specific audio highlights. ...
    Well, well. My free introductory subscription just expired. I wasn't going to sign up. I may have to now.

This is generally good news for ACC fans.

There is also chatter of an ACC Network (similar to the B1G Network and SEC Network). Like an actual network. The question seems to be whether, at this point in the progress, it will be a formal cable channel or a streaming channel on services like DirecTV Now and Sling TV.

- Chillin