Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Watch Trae Young--Oklahoma basketball

He may be the best college player in America. Wow! ESPN shows highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by 53n206 View Post
    He may be the best college player in America. Wow! ESPN shows highlights.
    So does YouTube.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    So does YouTube.
    I'm calling it right now: the second coming of Steph Curry.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    I don't see his decision making being all that good. He looks like a gunner when he shoots threes early in the clock with a solid lead with less then 10 to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Saratoga2 View Post
    I don't see his decision making being all that good. He looks like a gunner when he shoots threes early in the clock with a solid lead with less then 10 to go.
    That sounds like a PG dear to our hearts. Maybe a freshman issue. Of course Mr. Young makes a healthy % of his 3s.

Wow.

So does YouTube.
    The most amazing thing about these Frankie Vision highlights is they include every made and MISSED shots. And he didn't miss that many shots.

This kid is a stud. Maybe the best shooter in college ball right now.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

I've watched him play a few stints beyond just the Wichita St game yesterday. Kid is legit. Reminds me of Tyus with a little better shot that calls his own number a lot more. He was awesome in the 1st half shooting and passing.

That being said I also agree with you that if one only watched the last 6 minutes of the Wichita St game, Trae Young looked like a ball hog that took bad shots (frequently early in the shot clock) and forced some really tough passes in traffic that led to turnovers. Oklahoma should be glad that they were up 12. Maybe he needs to learn "stall ball" decision-making a bit more
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Very Chris Jackson at LSU like.

It's been awhile since we've had a national player of the year. I hope it ends up being Bagley but it looks like the competition could be fierce. Young and Sexton have been really impressive. Ayton's number's are very similar to Bagley's. Just to name a few.

What happened with Young's recruitment? Weren't we heavily involved at one point? Just curious, not intended to be a dig at Duval.

He’s a college freshman. He will learn over time when to take the shot. Besides, I’m mainly talking about his skill set, particularly his ability to get his shot off quickly and accurately from just about anywhere. He also appears to have very good handles and passing ability; probably a better overall player as a freshman than Curry was. This guy might be the real deal. We shall see. I’m just excited about the possibilities.

Most of the early Mock Drafts have Trae Young going around the end of the lottery. Steph Curry went #7 and the teams who picked higher certainly regret their decision (except for maybe the Clipps - Griffin - and the Thunder - Harden). I wonder if there will be some inflation of Trae's stock because shooters are so darn valuable at this point in the NBA.

-Jason "This is a weak year for PGs. Young, Sexton, and Duval are the only PGs currently rated as first round draft picks" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Most of the early Mock Drafts have Trae Young going around the end of the lottery. Steph Curry went #7 and the teams who picked higher certainly regret their decision (except for maybe the Clipps - Griffin - and the Thunder - Harden). I wonder if there will be some inflation of Trae's stock because shooters are so darn valuable at this point in the NBA.

-Jason "This is a weak year for PGs. Young, Sexton, and Duval are the only PGs currently rated as first round draft picks" Evans
    I do wonder what Trevon's stock will look like come end of season. You said it yourself, shooters are so darn valuable in the NBA right now. And Trevon can't shoot. He's crazy athletic with good size. But will that get him a first rounder, let alone a lottery pick?

I imagine it will, but not without a healthy dose of risk. Kid's gotta learn to shoot.

- Chillin

Quote Originally Posted by ChillinDuke View Post
    I do wonder what Trevon's stock will look like come end of season. You said it yourself, shooters are so darn valuable in the NBA right now. And Trevon can't shoot. He's crazy athletic with good size. But will that get him a first rounder, let alone a lottery pick?

I imagine it will, but not without a healthy dose of risk. Kid's gotta learn to shoot.

- Chillin
    Out of all the skills he has, his biggest attribute (athleticism) can't be taught. Shooting is something anyone can learn to do. Whether he will or not remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by ChillinDuke View Post

- Chillin
    There was a time when John Wall was considered a poor shooter. Those days are gone. Ballers get points and Duval is a baller. The NBA has plenty of folks to help him with that shot.

Marques has been watching Trae Young for some time now

https://twitter.com/TimMartin_TX/sta...62190624178180
    "Play and practice like you are trying to make the team." --Coach K

Quote Originally Posted by tbyers11 View Post
    I've watched him play a few stints beyond just the Wichita St game yesterday. Kid is legit. Reminds me of Tyus with a little better shot that calls his own number a lot more. He was awesome in the 1st half shooting and passing.

That being said I also agree with you that if one only watched the last 6 minutes of the Wichita St game, Trae Young looked like a ball hog that took bad shots (frequently early in the shot clock) and forced some really tough passes in traffic that led to turnovers. Oklahoma should be glad that they were up 12. Maybe he needs to learn "stall ball" decision-making a bit more
    It turned out that I did only see maybe the last 8 minutes of the game. He can get to the rim but does need solid coaching on how to slow the play down and look for solid shots. I wondered if Oklahoma was going to give the game away at the end.

Trae Young has 15 points (5-8 shooting) in the first half of today's OU game. Plus, 13 assists! They are playing East Cupcake State, but still, I can't remember anyone at Duke ever getting double digit assists in a half against anyone.

They scored 53 points in the half. He either scored or assisted on 43 of those points. 5 of the remaining 10 points were free throws by players other than Trae. So, in the entire half, OU scored 1 two-point FG and 1 three-point FG by someone other than Trae that was not assisted by Trae.
    Last edited by gam7; 12-19-2017 at 08:10 PM.
    "I don't like them when they are eating my azaleas or rhododendrons or pansies." - Coach K

Quote Originally Posted by gam7 View Post
    Trae Young has 15 points (5-8 shooting) in the first half of today's OU game. Plus, 13 assists! They are playing East Cupcake State, but still, I can't remember anyone at Duke ever getting double digit assists in a half against anyone.

They scored 53 points in the half. He either scored or assisted on 43 of those points. 5 of the remaining 10 points were free throws by players other than Trae. So, in the entire half, OU scored 1 two-point FG and 1 three-point FG by someone other than Trae that was not assisted by Trae.
    Finished with 26 points and a record tying 22 assists.

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    Finished with 26 points and a record tying 22 assists.
    Wow, did not realize 22 was the record. And he did it in just 29 minutes.
    "I don't like them when they are eating my azaleas or rhododendrons or pansies." - Coach K