Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Veteran team that made the NCAAT last season and won 25 games. They went into a zone and without our first string PG, we just couldn't score. UNC won this game no doubt. 9f wes Miller and 9f the school he played for.
    Bad loss, but not as bad as I thought. UNCG RPI was #147; I thought they might have been in the 200’s with the loss to Presbyterian.

Should also serve as a warning to Duke fans, Evansville’s RPI is 72 and slightly higher than the Pack.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    It's comforting to see the time of this post and that PackMan is still alive and doing well.
    If I survived the Cheats getting off scott free, I can survive this...besides I've been spending the past two hours figuring out how to blame this on the refs. Still working on it.

If I survived the Cheats getting off scott free, I can survive this...besides I've been spending the past two hours figuring out how to blame this on the refs. Still working on it.
    How long is starting PG out for?

Clemson 71, Florida 69.

Man, the Gators need to stop playing ACC teams.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Clemson 71, Florida 69.

Man, the Gators need to stop playing ACC teams.
    Missouri Valley Conference teams too.

The good part about this is that it gives yet another apparent bubble team from the ACC a high quality non-conference win. The ACC's non-conference performance has been truly impressive this season. It makes it all the more likely that sub-.500 conference record teams will have a shot at a bid.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    How long is starting PG out for?
    That's a good question. At the moment it is "indefinitely". The official reason is a violation of the "student-athlete code of conduct". Which sounds a lot more of a university policy thing than a team policy thing.

It's a shame we don't have Carolina's "Code of Conduct" which I believe consists of one rule:
    1) Don't get caught

That's a good question. At the moment it is "indefinitely". The official reason is a violation of the "student-athlete code of conduct". Which sounds a lot more of a university policy thing than a team policy thing.

It's a shame we don't have Carolina's "Code of Conduct" which I believe consists of one rule:
    1) Don't get caught
    1.a) But if you do get caught, your only punishment will be that we won't let you pick the restaurant for the team meal. We will then deny that you did it to the ncaa.

1) Don't get caught
    1b) If you do get caught, deny that you got caught, or that it fits the legal framework for being caught

Quote Originally Posted by NSDukeFan View Post
    1b) If you do get caught, deny that you got caught, or that it fits the legal framework for being caught
    Ah yes, the, "Who are you to judge me!" defense.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    1.a) But if you do get caught, your only punishment will be that we won't let you pick the restaurant for the team meal. We will then deny that you did it to the ncaa.
    Let's not forget 1d) get suspended for voluntary summer workouts.

Veteran team that made the NCAAT last season and won 25 games. They went into a zone and without our first string PG, we just couldn't score. UNC won this game no doubt. 9f wes Miller and 9f the school he played for.
    UNC-g was in the NIT last season. Syracuse had to play them in Greensboro, which was one of the best Selection Committee troll jobs in history!

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    UNC-g was in the NIT last season. Syracuse had to play them in Greensboro, which was one of the best Selection Committee troll jobs in history!
    That game was at the Carrier Dome.

Tennessee is slowly pulling away from UNC and having their way inside. They don't even seem to be playing all that well. Maybe UNC is shaking off some rust from taking exams? Ha, I almost managed to keep a straight face while saying that.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Tennessee is slowly pulling away from UNC and having their way inside. They don't even seem to be playing all that well. Maybe UNC is shaking off some rust from taking exams? Ha, I almost managed to keep a straight face while saying that.
    No no, it is all part of Roy's highly respected method of continuing to experiment with lineups, deep into the season. He is a true coaching Jedi.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    No no, it is all part of Roy's highly respected method of continuing to experiment with lineups, deep into the season. He is a true coaching Jedi.
    Is this sarcasm?

UNC-Las Vegas Vs UT

Anyone else catch the Cheats win over UT in Knoxville? It's hard for the visiting team to get every call to go their way but of course UNC did. UT gave that game away, up one with the ball and just fell apart. My second time to watch UNC-Vegas this year and I'm not impressed. They have two players and one of them is Luke Maye. They seem to play decent defense at times, but if you stay in front of Berry and run him off the 3 point line, their offense seems to stall a bit.

They've played an incredibly weak schedule to date, 43rd SOS while Duke's is 12th. Their bigs are young and while they rebound pretty well, aren't real offensive threats.

Anyway, not impressed with the Cheats so far, they don't do anything really wrong, but they don't wow either. They don't pass the eye test.

Eye test...

They NEVER pass my eye test!

9f

Quote Originally Posted by Hauerwas View Post
    Anyone else catch the Cheats win over UT in Knoxville? It's hard for the visiting team to get every call to go their way but of course UNC did. UT gave that game away, up one with the ball and just fell apart. My second time to watch UNC-Vegas this year and I'm not impressed. They have two players and one of them is Luke Maye. They seem to play decent defense at times, but if you stay in front of Berry and run him off the 3 point line, their offense seems to stall a bit.

They've played an incredibly weak schedule to date, 43rd SOS while Duke's is 12th. Their bigs are young and while they rebound pretty well, aren't real offensive threats.

Anyway, not impressed with the Cheats so far, they don't do anything really wrong, but they don't wow either. They don't pass the eye test.
    Kenpom has Duke with 89 sos, UNC 30.

Quote Originally Posted by wobatus View Post
    Kenpom has Duke with 89 sos, UNC 30.
    Be careful with statistics like strength of schedule -- it may be weighted down by low-rated teams. In terms of quality opponents, Duke has played Mich State, Texas, Florida, Indiana and Boston College. UNC has played Michigan State, Michigan, Tennessee, Stanford (maybe) and No. Iowa (maybe). I think the Duke slate is tougher, although not by much.

Similarly, we have occasionally got wrapped around the axle on recruiting rankings. For example a team could have recruits rated 1, 2, 3, 4, and 150. Another team could have recruits 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15. The "average" ranking of the former is 32.0; the average of the latter is 13.0. The former team clearly has a far, far superior class of recruits. The presence of #150 makes no difference on the team whatsoever and shouldn't reduce the ranking of the class.

The same situation can happen with strength of schedule -- whether an opponent is #200 or #300 shouldn't make a difference -- they are almost certain to lose to a top ten team.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Be careful with statistics like strength of schedule -- it may be weighted down by low-rated teams. In terms of quality opponents, Duke has played Mich State, Texas, Florida, Indiana and Boston College. UNC has played Michigan State, Michigan, Tennessee, Stanford (maybe) and No. Iowa (maybe). I think the Duke slate is tougher, although not by much.

Similarly, we have occasionally got wrapped around the axle on recruiting rankings. For example a team could have recruits rated 1, 2, 3, 4, and 150. Another team could have recruits 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15. The "average" ranking of the former is 32.0; the average of the latter is 13.0. The former team clearly has a far, far superior class of recruits. The presence of #150 makes no difference on the team whatsoever and shouldn't reduce the ranking of the class.

The same situation can happen with strength of schedule -- whether an opponent is #200 or #300 shouldn't make a difference -- they are almost certain to lose to a top ten team.
    And Arkansas (Kp 26) and Davidson. Davidson and N. Iowa are top 100. I'm careful. Just pointing out one respected rarer gauges the OOC quite differently. Based n the Michigan State game I think I know who can do what at the highest levels. A win at Tennessee is pretty good but The Vols played'em good in Chapel Hill last year.