Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by devilsadvocate85 View Post
    I think Trump should have negotiated an exchange. The 3 kids come home and LaVar stays in China. Oh, and pull his passport for good measure.
    Act of war?

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Act of war?
    LaVar could turn out to be the Dennis Rodman of diplomacy. I say it’s worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    Pulling out this late in the semester tends to lean towards grades not being acceptable to the school. But then again, it is the Ball family
    Could also be that LaVar finally accepted that LiAngelo is not going to get any playing time this year or ever at UCLA, and he thinks that wouldn’t be good optics with the NBA scouts. But how are those scouts going to get to see LiAngelo and LaMelo at this point? I guess that’s less of an issue for LaMelo. There’s talk of their playing for international teams. Maybe LaVar figures he can get LiAngelo some playing time without having to transfer and sit out a year, and that it won’t be worse for LaMelo to go that route compared to staying in high school. Of course LaVar wouldn’t be coaching them then, which he said is his objective.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    LaVar could turn out to be the Dennis Rodman of diplomacy...
    May I once again point out that Rodman, despite his many issues, was indeed a stone cold REAL baller? I rush to the defense of an acknowledged premier defender. Let us not besmirch Rodman's Defensive Player of the Year status, multiple first team Defense awards and five championship rings by comparing him to this idiotic jackass Lavar clown.

No matter how tempting!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    May I once again point out that Rodman, despite his many issues, was indeed a stone cold REAL baller? I rush to the defense of an acknowledged premier defender. Let us not besmirch Rodman's Defensive Player of the Year status, multiple first team Defense awards and five championship rings by comparing him to this idiotic jackass Lavar clown.

No matter how tempting!
    You didn't even mention his absurd rebounding skills.

True baller.

Maybe LaVar is addicted to being in the headlines, and when he felt the spotlight dimming he did what he felt he had to do to get back into the limelight. What he did last summer also seems to fit this pattern.

On Saturday while taking part in the Double Pump Best of Summer Tournament, the Big Ballers were up 69-60 in the second half of a playoff game when LaVar was called for a technical foul for a few comments he had made criticizing calls from the sidelines.

Almost immediately, Ball stood up off the bench and led the Big Ballers out the gym in protest, forfeiting the game. …

The coach of the opposing team, Clutch Players Navy, had this to say of the incident.
    "We appreciate all the attention that our game against the Big Ballers has brought to us. While we don't agree with the one-sided videos his program has produced or agree that there was cheating going on, Mr. Ball is entitled to his own opinion. I am proud of the way our boys competed, stayed focused, and respected the game."

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post

No matter how tempting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    You didn't even mention his absurd rebounding skills.

True baller.
    Okay, I’m properly chastised.

I should have said that LaVar may be the Bill Lambert of interpersonal relationships.

;-)

(“The Worm” was a warrior inside. But he’s a Super Freak. LaVar, by contrast, just seems like an egotistical jackass).

Quote Originally Posted by swood1000 View Post
    Of course LaVar wouldn’t be coaching them then, which he said is his objective.
    One possible solution: The Donald and Lavar go in together and purchase the 76ers. Then LaVar can coach all 3 sons along with Okafor, Redick and a few more scrubs. Would be entertaining, although this scenario would be even more fun with the Knicks.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Maybe he could transfer to the Cheats? He could become my favorite cheater since Makhtar Ndaiye
    Is that Tyler Hainsboro's Swahili name?

What still ticks me off about the whole Trump/Xi/LiAngelo story is that no one thanked LiAngelo for trying to score some protective eclipse eye gear for our President.

With zero chance of ever being drafted by an NBA team, maybe LiAngelo can get a contract with a Chinese team. Maybe the Gaungzhou Bandits? Would he lead the league in steals?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Q: what’s the difference between LaVar Ball and a Kardashian?

A: I don’t know, either.
    ... and plan on keeping it that way!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Alford released a statement yesterday.
    "We learned today of LiAngelo Ball's intention to withdraw from UCLA," he said. "̶W̶e̶ r̶e̶s̶p̶e̶c̶t̶ t̶h̶e̶ d̶e̶c̶i̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ h̶e̶ a̶n̶d̶ h̶i̶s̶ f̶a̶m̶i̶l̶y̶ h̶a̶v̶e̶ m̶a̶d̶e̶,̶ a̶n̶d̶ w̶e̶ w̶i̶s̶h̶ h̶i̶m̶ a̶l̶l̶ t̶h̶e̶ b̶e̶s̶t̶ i̶n̶ t̶h̶e̶ f̶u̶t̶u̶r̶e̶.̶ Whew!"
    http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...gelo-ball-ucla
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I don't think LiAngelo to China is crazy: According to that ESPN article linked above, "Ball told ESPN he hasn't decided where LiAngelo will play this season."

Shoes, steals, marketing buzz, maybe a highly publicized Tweet battle ... Does LiAngelo offer better opportunities for LaVar than the China opportunity?

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    Is that Tyler Hainsboro's Swahili name?
    Hansbrough... it's a name that travels so well that he currently plays pro ball in China.

Quote Originally Posted by Henderson View Post
    I don't think LiAngelo to China is crazy: According to that ESPN article linked above, "Ball told ESPN he hasn't decided where LiAngelo will play this season."

Shoes, steals, marketing buzz, maybe a highly publicized Tweet battle ... Does LiAngelo offer better opportunities for LaVar than the China opportunity?
    I assumed the one condition to the boys’ release by Chinese authorities was, “we better not see you again.”
    Carolina delenda est

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    One possible solution: The Donald and Lavar go in together and purchase the 76ers. Then LaVar can coach all 3 sons along with Okafor, Redick and a few more scrubs. Would be entertaining, although this scenario would be even more fun with the Knicks.
    What did Okafor and Redick do to you to deserve that fate?!

Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    Hansbrough... it's a name that travels so well that he currently plays pro ball in China.
    I knew it was spelled incorrectly, but I really don't care. I don't pay much attention when it comes to players down the road.

I just saw a clip from some interview LaVar "gave."

He is guaranteeing that all three of his sons will be playing for the Lakers, he has no plan B.

Luke Walton is thinking: "Whaaaat?"

Rob Pelinka is laughing harder than anyone.

Just got this:

Courtesy of Bovada, (www.Bovada.lv, Twitter: @BovadaLV):

Will LiAngelo Ball be drafted in the 2018 NBA Draft?

Yes +2500 (25/1)
    No -10000 (1/100)
    -jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Just got this:

-jk
    still a better return than a savings account....and probably less risky!
    April 1