Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    Liangelo's decision to shoplift got the ball rolling so to speak. ...
    That put the Ball in China's Court.

ba-da-bum

I’m shocked JBA tickets aren’t selling.

Ticket sales for LaVar's JBA league struggling - USA TODAY
    Last edited by JasonEvans; 06-05-2018 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    I actually am surprised. I figured that, instead of a salary, LaVar would give the players 1,000 tickets each to games that they could sell, so they could make $10,000 - $20,000 per game.

Twenty to thirty games per season, and that's some real money!

Lakers say they want no part of LiAngelo

Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    Lakers say they want no part of LiAngelo
    The kid showed nothing at UCLA, then got busted doing something really stupid, went to a basement league in Europe and did not impress, AND they'd have to listen to LaVar even more than they do already? Not at all surprised they said no thanks.

I feel a bit bad for LiAngelo. He got screwed (or I guess helped himself get screwed) out of an opportunity for a college degree and contacts and maybe a nice life in college so that he could be yo-yo'd by his dad. It really stinks for him.

Don't know what to make of LaMelo yet since he's still so young. But it can't be good that he essentially dropped out of high school (I'm sure LaVar is doing a great job of "home schooling" him).

Not to be lost in this is that Lonzo has arguably lost $50+ million in endorsement money too, as evidenced by the Puma deals with Ayton and Bagley. Man, if/when those kids figure out how badly their dad has screwed them over...

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    I feel a bit bad for LiAngelo. He got screwed (or I guess helped himself get screwed) out of an opportunity for a college degree and contacts and maybe a nice life in college so that he could be yo-yo'd by his dad. It really stinks for him.

Don't know what to make of LaMelo yet since he's still so young. But it can't be good that he essentially dropped out of high school (I'm sure LaVar is doing a great job of "home schooling" him).

Not to be lost in this is that Lonzo has arguably lost $50+ million in endorsement money too, as evidenced by the Puma deals with Ayton and Bagley. Man, if/when those kids figure out how badly their dad has screwed them over...
    All of this. I can't interject more than that - but - all of this.

But hey, "I brought you into this world, I can take you out of it". Unfortunately, that's the way some parents think.

I had written more, but my "better angel" made me delete it.

Video from LiAngelo's Pre-draft Workout

Apologies if this was posted before, but he did not look like the best shooter and 2 in the draft. He would get blocked a lot in the NBA--it looks like his release point is about nose-level, so good luck shooting over NBA defenders like that.

https://youtu.be/kRuxwjl2vPM

He looks competent for a some spells in that video. I wonder if he could've developed into a decent player if he played out his NCAA career? We'll probably never know now.

Quote Originally Posted by JetpackJesus View Post
    ...We'll probably never know now.
    Or care.

NEXT.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by JetpackJesus View Post
    Apologies if this was posted before, but he did not look like the best shooter and 2 in the draft. He would get blocked a lot in the NBA--it looks like his release point is about nose-level, so good luck shooting over NBA defenders like that.

https://youtu.be/kRuxwjl2vPM

He looks competent for a some spells in that video. I wonder if he could've developed into a decent player if he played out his NCAA career? We'll probably never know now.
    There are hundreds of 6’4”-6’6” guys who could look that good or better in uncontested and semi-contested shooting drills like that. Aside from the dunking (being 5’11” limited me to dunking volleyballs and tennis balls) I could probably have put together that type of shooting when I was 19/20. It was... not impressive. Hopefully for his sake he has been more impressive in other workouts.

I think it is gonna be rough for him. Hope there is a plan B.

Hope there is a plan B.
    Not betting on plan BBB?

There are hundreds of 6’4”-6’6” guys who could look that good or better in uncontested and semi-contested shooting drills like that. Aside from the dunking (being 5’11” limited me to dunking volleyballs and tennis balls) I could probably have put together that type of shooting when I was 19/20. It was... not impressive. Hopefully for his sake he has been more impressive in other workouts.

I think it is gonna be rough for him. Hope there is a plan B.
    Absolutely, and he's supposedly the best shooter of the three! There's a reason (okay, there's more than one) he went undrafted and won't be invited to play for anyone's Summer League Team. I'm not even sure a G-League team will want to take him (and his dad) on.

As for plan B, at least he has that college educ... oh, wait.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    I actually am surprised. I figured that, instead of a salary, LaVar would give the players 1,000 tickets each to games that they could sell, so they could make $10,000 - $20,000 per game.

Twenty to thirty games per season, and that's some real money!
    Well to whom would the players sell the tickets? And where would they find the time to handle 1000 tickets handed out per each game? Frankly, I wouldn't walk across the street to see these games if I had a free ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Well to whom would the players sell the tickets? And where would they find the time to handle 1000 tickets handed out per each game? Frankly, I wouldn't walk across the street to see these games if I had a free ticket.
    I believe BD80 is simply describing a pyramid scheme. Or at the least, the most absurd business model possible.

Three-step business model:

1. Lavar Ball starts it.
    2. ? ? ? ? ?
    3. Money!

(With apologies to the underpants gnomes)

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Three-step business model:

1. Lavar Ball starts it.
    2. ? ? ? ? ?
    3. Money!

(With apologies to the underpants gnomes)
    Beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I believe BD80 is simply describing a pyramid scheme. Or at the least, the most absurd business model possible.
    ..ah...this forum is so gentle compared to the rough and tumble political forums I post on, that my sarc meter is often switched off at DBR...and that meter gets a workout on the other forums...

Aside from the dunking (being 5’11” limited me to dunking volleyballs and tennis balls) I could probably have put together that type of shooting when I was 19/20.
    But did you ever dunk two tennis balls at the same time? I did, and it was a great feeling. I also loved dunking a softball.