Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Younger Bawlers looking to travel

“LaVar Ball told ESPN's Jeff Goodman that he has pulled his son LiAngelo out of UCLA.

The news was first reported by TMZ.

LiAngelo Ball is one of three UCLA basketball players who were indefinitely suspended after a shoplifting incident in China.

The players are subject to review for violating the university's Student Conduct Code, which includes a section on theft.

As part of their indefinite suspensions, the players haven't been allowed to suit up, practice or travel with the Bruins. Ball is a freshman who hasn't played a game for UCLA yet.”

Lessons learned

Quote Originally Posted by DangerDevil View Post
    “LaVar Ball told ESPN's Jeff Goodman that he has pulled his son LiAngelo out of UCLA.

The news was first reported by TMZ.

LiAngelo Ball is one of three UCLA basketball players who were indefinitely suspended after a shoplifting incident in China.

The players are subject to review for violating the university's Student Conduct Code, which includes a section on theft.

As part of their indefinite suspensions, the players haven't been allowed to suit up, practice or travel with the Bruins. Ball is a freshman who hasn't played a game for UCLA yet.”
    Well, LiAngelo is certain to learn his lesson now! What that lesson is perhaps is the greater issue.

Go Duke!!!! Go Blue Devils!!!!!!!! GTHCGTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ikiru36 View Post
    Well, LiAngelo is certain to learn his lesson now! What that lesson is perhaps is the greater issue.

Clearly the lesson is that fancy stores have security cameras. Beyond that, who the heck knows?

I am sure that Hayseed Junior College will welcome LiAngelo with open arms, though no scholarship!
    This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
    No trees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.

I'm sure more will come out of this story, but I'm not sure what LaVar expected to happen. What D-1 school wouldn't suspend a scholarship player for committing a crime? You don't get special treatment just because you're Lonzo's brother. From the outside, this seems like LaVar is sabotaging his own son's career for no good reason. It's also yet another huge negative headline for LiAngelo, right when the shoplifting thing was starting to blow over. This kid cannot catch a break.

Quote Originally Posted by mgtr View Post
    I am sure that Hayseed Junior College will welcome LiAngelo with open arms, though no scholarship!
    My alma mater.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    If I were LiA, I'd say "screw you dad. I'm not going pro, and since they haven't kicked me out of school, at least I still get an education". Better to finish the year in decent academic standing than waste it. Assuming he plans to have his kid transfer, now he has to watch him sit out a year. And some other school has to decide that dealing with pops is worth a mid-level (if even) talent.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    I'm sure more will come out of this story, but I'm not sure what LaVar expected to happen. What D-1 school wouldn't suspend a scholarship player for committing a crime? You don't get special treatment just because you're Lonzo's brother. From the outside, this seems like LaVar is sabotaging his own son's career for no good reason. It's also yet another huge negative headline for LiAngelo, right when the shoplifting thing was starting to blow over. This kid cannot catch a break.
    Well if he's anything like his brother UCLA clearly has no appreciation for a kid who can't hit a jump shot. Whatever will they do without a kid with all the pro potential that a .313 FG percentage would suggest?
    Last edited by CameronBlue; 12-04-2017 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Okay I admit this is not necessarily a well grounded argument...but are we all not just a bit fatigued by this jackass?

We're all tired of LaVar but I'm at least thankful that the most controversial story in college basketball this holiday season has absolutely nothing to do with Duke or Grayson Allen. LaVar has a monopoly on those stories. #BBB

Merry Xmas!

We're all tired of LaVar but I'm at least thankful that the most controversial story in college basketball this holiday season has absolutely nothing to do with Duke or Grayson Allen. LaVar has a monopoly on those stories. #BBB

Merry Xmas!

THIS!!!

I don’t know that this has much to do with Ball disagreeing with the suspension. My suspicion is that it has more to do with the fact that Ball doesn’t see value in LiAngelo going to school and not being able to practice or play. Ball has already gone on record saying LiSngelo will be one-and-done. Not that LiAngelo is good enough to warrant that, but that was/is the plan. So if LiAngelo can’t participate during his one year, no reason for him to stay in school.

So I suspect LiAngelo will stay home and get “coached up” alonside his younger brother by the best coach around: LaVar, of course.

LiAngelo has always seemed to be the fly in the ointment of Ball’s plans. He just isn’t a great player. He is fortunate that Lonzo and (possibly, though this isn’t as clear) LaMelo are good enough to make the Balls rich. Heck, he might even get a tryout with an NBA team. Otherwise, his story would appear even sadder than it already may seem.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    If I were LiA, I'd say "screw you dad. I'm not going pro, and since they haven't kicked me out of school, at least I still get an education"...
    HAHAHAAAAH, good one CB&B. Zing!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by ikiru36 View Post

Perhaps this is evidence that UCLA intends to expel the three basketball players for their shoplifting spree. Good old LaVar, one step ahead of the constabulary.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Pulling out this late in the semester tends to lean towards grades not being acceptable to the school. But then again, it is the Ball family

Ahhhhhhhhhh.... See ya!

Adios, Levar. Leave college basketball alone please.

I do feel for his poor children though.

Maybe he could transfer to the Cheats? He could become my favorite cheater since Makhtar Ndaiye

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Ahhhhhhhhhh... See ya!

I wonder what this does to Lamelo's commitment to UCLA; he's a top 20 talent in the class of 2019 and much better than Liangelo. I just can't wait for Trump's insight on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Ahhhhhhhhhh... See ya!

Lonzo is relatively bulletproof with his NBA contract. LaVar is making some bad decisions for the two younger kids.

"We get back over here and the consequences were even stiffer than China. So basically they're in jail here."

That's one of several choice quotes from this article. He also compares Liangelo to our own JJ Redick.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...gelo-ball-ucla