Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Any league in which its stars are frequently seriously wounded would seem to have a shaky future. There's a paucity of good QBs in the league (hence a paucity of really good teams) and
    they continue to go down with major injuries.
    I dunno, I think we're seeing an absolute ton of good QBs in the league currently, but I do agree many (most?) of them have been injured.

- Wentz (injured)
    - Watson (injured, but in practice)
    - Rivers
    - Brady
    - Rodgers (injured)
    - Ryan
    - Wilson
    - Roethlisberger
    - Prescott
    - Newton
    - Smith
    - Goff
    - Brees

I'm not sure where to cut it, but you also have:

- Cousins
    - Stafford
    - McCown having probably his best year ever
    - Carr
    - Taylor (up and down, but good at times. Injured)
    - Dalton
    - Palmer (injured)
    - Mariota
    - Luck (injured, didn't play, but still in the league)
    - Winston
    - Garoppolo could still be decent.
    - Bradford (great talent, but can't stay healthy)

So, yeah, Eli and Flacco are fading out, and you have a fair amount of Brisetts, Stantons, Osweilers, Geno Smiths, and Siemians. But the above list has a lot of talent if there weren't so many injuries. Some of those are head injuries, but many are the traditional hand/shoulder/lower body issues.

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by bjornolf View Post
    The one that really concerned me was the Tom Savage situation with Houston. I'm no expert, but if that guy wasn't concussed, he had some weird neck injury. Either way, he should NOT have been back out there.
    That made my stomach turn. And again, it's proof that all the NFL's talk is just for show. There's no concern for player safety.

It will make a hell of an exhibit in the next round of litigation.

The refs stole that game from the Steelers today. Can’t believe they overturned that touchdown.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    The refs stole that game from the Steelers today. Can’t believe they overturned that touchdown.
    I was rooting for the Steelers there, but technically that's the right call. It's one of those situations where it's a bad rule but since the rule hasn't been repealed yet, it has to be made. By the letter of the law, that wasn't a catch. Bad rule, good call.

When I saw that play, I immediately thought "not a catch." Then when the commentators wondered what was taking so long, I said "cause it's not a catch." Took them a while to catch on. Pittsburgh still had three chances left after that, so the refs didn't take anything.

I actually thought it would be better for them, as there might have been too much time left if they had scored right away. Wasn't expecting Ben to throw such an ill-advised pass. Though I will say the Pats were kinda lucky they didn't get a PI call on the pick.

The rule is pretty clear. If you're going to the ground while making the catch then you must maintain control through contact w/ the ground. He lost control and the ball hit the ground.

It was pretty sad that the commentators took like 3 minutes to realize they were trying to figure out if it was a catch or not. They should know the rules of football better than that.

Tough way to lose a game for Pittsburgh but... definitely the right call based on the rules.

Gone for the weekend, surprised to find there was no discussion of the pending implosion of the Pats:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page...power-struggle

My favorite part:

[Kraft] stood by Brady during Deflategate, even after he backed down and accepted the NFL's penalty. Kraft did so even though many staffers in the building believed there was merit in the allegation, however absurd the case. The team quietly parted ways with both John Jastremski and Jim McNally, the equipment staffers accused of deflating footballs -- they've never spoken publicly -- and Belichick reorganized the equipment staff. Kraft has privately told associates he knew that he went too far in his attacks against the league.
    Brady was innocent huh? Why did he destroy the evidence (his cellphone)?

Kinda like carolina: "sure we cheated, that's ancient history. But those titles are real."

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Gone for the weekend, surprised to find there was no discussion of the pending implosion of the Pats:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page...power-struggle
    24 hours ago, everyone expected Belichick to resign after this season and spend the rest of his days giving grumbling, one-word answers to questions posed by his wife... but today he was asked if he would be the coach of the Pats in 2018 and he said, "absolutely." While his word is hardly binding as law, it would seem to (for the moment) be calming some of the talk that he is outta here.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    24 hours ago, everyone expected Belichick to resign after this season and spend the rest of his days giving grumbling, one-word answers to questions posed by his wife... but today he was asked if he would be the coach of the Pats in 2018 and he said, "absolutely." While his word is hardly binding as law, it would seem to (for the moment) be calming some of the talk that he is outta here.
    But he has been mean to Tommy, can they coexist?

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    But he has been mean to Tommy, can they coexist?
    Luckily, they both have small, under control egos so I am sure they can find a way to get along.

-Jason "supposedly, Brady engineered a Garappolo trade because he felt threatened... though they had to get rid of Jimmy or pay him a silly sum of money for a backup next year" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Luckily, they both have small, under control egos so I am sure they can find a way to get along.

-Jason "supposedly, Brady engineered a Garappolo trade because he felt threatened... though they had to get rid of Jimmy or pay him a silly sum of money for a backup next year" Evans
    I'm no particular fan of the Pats*, but you're obviously still peeved that Your Boys coughed up the most epic hairball in SuperBowel history.

*Tom Brady is indeed a doink.