Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    I don't think so. That's not a very good job anymore.
    Thanks for the feedback, but Hurley is taking the UCONN job.

Quote Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, but Hurley is taking the UCONN job.
    Ain't what they used to be...UCONN is mired in hoop irrelevance, thank you BC for keeping them out of the ACC.

If that is what Danny chooses to do, I wish him well.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Ain't what they used to be...UCONN is mired in hoop irrelevance, thank you BC for keeping them out of the ACC.
    good thing you nipped that in the bud with UL instead. Along with UNC, Miami, and syracuse, Uconn would have fit right in!
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    If that is what Danny chooses to do, I wish him well.
    I wish him well but I think that in a year or two when he is listening to alums grumble about the good old days between his conference road trips to Tulsa, Wichita, Houston and Tampa, he will be questioning whether the extra money was truly worth it.

I am very curious to see who Louisville goes after. That is another program with incredibly high expectations but a lot of uncertainty due to the scandal - I don't think anyone would leave a remotely stable situation for Louisville, but as we have seen many times before, money often speaks loudest. The question is whether Louisville has the money to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    The question is whether Louisville has the money to offer.
    well, I hear they're going to save a lot on their previous entertainment budget.
    April 1

I wish him well but I think that in a year or two when he is listening to alums grumble about the good old days between his conference road trips to Tulsa, Wichita, Houston and Tampa, he will be questioning whether the extra money was truly worth it.

I am very curious to see who Louisville goes after. That is another program with incredibly high expectations but a lot of uncertainty due to the scandal - I don't think anyone would leave a remotely stable situation for Louisville, but as we have seen many times before, money often speaks loudest. The question is whether Louisville has the money to offer.
    The target is apparently Chris Mack.

He'd be another very good coach added to the ACC.

Quote Originally Posted by DangerDevil View Post
    I hope Paulus finds a landing spot on someone’s staff quickly.
    Ain't that the truth?! But, I have a feeling that he's going to catch on and hold somewhere. Have to think he's got a good basketball mind and someone is bound to recognize that for keeps.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

my understanding is that the last words the UCONN AD had for their departing coach were "it's a fine fix you've gotten us into, Ollie." Gotta be a geezer to grasp this one.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    good thing you nipped that in the bud with UL instead. Along with UNC, Miami, and syracuse, Uconn would have fit right in!
    I get the sentiment, but the barn door was left perilously wide open ever since they admitted the Seminoles.

my understanding is that the last words the UCONN AD had for their departing coach were "it's a fine fix you've gotten us into, Ollie." Gotta be a geezer to grasp this one.
    An oldie and a goodie.

I, for one, possibly with uh_no, think that UCONN would actually be a good fit as our 16th member in the ACC. BC thinks otherwise for sure.
    It recreates some old Big East rivalries, gives us another safe football win ( ), and selfishly I might get to see them play in CT.
    The president of UCONN is a Duke grad. So maybe someday.

Louisville usually goes after the scuzziest (???) coach available as long as they can win. That would be Pitino so maybe they will hire him back.

Why didn't the AD do something to help him?

- Chillin

If they were in the ACC they likely would not be irrelevant.

I get the sentiment, but the barn door was left perilously wide open ever since they admitted the Seminoles.
    True, but without the Seminoles we never would have had the "wine and cheese crowd" moniker applied to the Nose Dome.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    If they were in the ACC they likely would not be irrelevant.
    given what I saw of KO, they would still have stunk the past few years, though.
    April 1

He should've taken those NBA jobs after winning the title. Stars can fade fast.

On that note, I wonder if Ryan Odom is going to leave UMBC this offseason. Lyles and Maura, that wonderful backcourt, are both seniors.

Clemson at UCONN football game would end up 99-0 in front of 18,000 fans. Of which 17,500 are Tiger fans.

uh_no, if memory serves, you are a UConn fan, right? It seems like their natural home is back in the Big East but they are chasing the football dream. Do you think there is any chance they give that up and slide back into their old conference?

UConn, under Calhoun, was a great rival for Duke. I really think Hurley can bring back that swagger, but it would be so much better if there were back in the Big East.

"This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide