Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MBB: Duke 87, Florida 84 (PK80 Champs) Post-Game Thread

Put your post-game thoughts here.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Wasn't pretty all weekend but they found a way to win.

Good teams find a way to win and bad teams find a way to lose. Duke found a way to win.

Absolutely amazed.Bagley...

Duval didn't play well but came up big with that steal near the end. Trent too. Those 4 free throws were his first of the half right?

Poor Jay. His team lost AGAIN!!!!

WOW!!!

I thought we were dead in the water! This team. . .

Most unlikely comback since ... well 2 days ago.

I was waiting to see if Duke would effectively rebound their own missed free throws down the stretch. Last game a missed free throw created some offense on multiple occasions.

This game it just didn’t happen.

Props to Bagley and everyone for making their free throws down the stretch!

I'm not sure what caused the hot/cold on this one, but Bagley is a beast and this team has heart, if not great defense (yet).

No quit in this team. Free throws, defense, and three point shooting won it for us. Who'd have thunk it? Oh, and Bagley being unstoppable didn't hurt either.

Yooohoooo!! Damn this team knows how to turn it up in the last 7-8 minutes.

How does one fall asleep after that?

Wow, what a game.

Florida is an excellent team. I hope we never see them again. They looked better than any team I've watched so far this year.

- Chillin

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwww

Big ol' props to Gary for those plays at the end
    Marvin Bagley is really amazing. I'm impressed at the improvement in his FT shooting. We don't win this game if he shoots FTs tonight like he did a week ago.
    Props to this team for not getting as down on themselves as we were getting on them in the chat!

Who was worried about 3pt (42%) and free throw shooting (95%!!!)? I’m going to bed😃

Worth staying up for! Wow!
    This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
    No trees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.

Stunning. Even more than the huge comebacks of the other two nights. How in the heck did they win this game?!

Moonpie was the chat stalwart!!!

But greatly impressed by Mike White. That dude can coach.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Wow! All I can say is three phenomenal games in a row. Some great effort tonight. Plus a little icing icing on the cake with the cheats getting slapped around!

Props to Duval for being great in the last three minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    Most unlikely comback since ... well 2 days ago.
    This felt just a little like last year's ACC Tournament run. Just gutting out wins. Willing the team to victory.

I was going to be fine with a loss there - even a blowout, because it would have been a "good loss" against a top team, and a teaching moment.

However, I'm perfectly happy with the win.

If Duke can stop taking bad shots (looking at you, GA) and instead, share the ball and run the offense through the post, they will be very hard to beat. It's no coincidence that UF ran out big leads off bad shots that resulted in fast break opportunities. Duke's still a work in progress in transition. But, when Duke slowed the pace a bit and worked it inside to get good shots, they cut into the lead. Then shooters like Trent, Allen, etc. saw open looks.

The zone defense was a nice wrinkle and helped get Duke back into it, but what won it at the end was man to man defense with some quick hands by Duval and Trent. Great stops when they needed them. Great block by Carter with 4 fouls.

I'm positive that if Duke keeps letting teams get out to big leads, it's going to eventually catch up to them and result in a loss, but for now, it's working.

I think uh_no is starting to believe in GUTS.