Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Eye Vigil

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Good to hear except that he's signing them Marques Bolden does bother me a bit .
    Hm? What does this mean?

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    Hm? What does this mean?
    It means he has trouble seeing what he is writing, to the extent he is signing someone else's name. It's a joke.

I was going to make a similar one, saying he was signing as "Marvin Bzxxxyxgflt"...but alas, I was too slow.

No pirate Bagley against Southern then?

Delaurier needs to be punished. He shouldnt be allowed to play 2k with more than one hand for the rest of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    Hm? What does this mean?
    He's signing the wrong name because he can't see very well out of one eye but got the M and the B correct.

(never mind)
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    It means he has trouble seeing what he is writing, to the extent he is signing someone else's name. It's a joke.

I was going to make a similar one, saying he was signing as "Marvin Bzxxxyxgflt"...but alas, I was too slow.
    I beat you to the poor attempt at humor but you beat me to my own explanation.

Thank you and thank you.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    This is so disappointing1 How can we have a proper vigil unless there is serious obfuscation by Coach K and Duke athletics??
    "Marvin will be out for an indeterminate number of games due to an unspecified above the shoulder injury for which he may or may not wear a boot (or a helmet) on any given day for which the twitterverse will follow on a minute to minute basis."

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    This is so disappointing1 How can we have a proper vigil unless there is serious obfuscation by Coach K and Duke athletics??
    You should have known, Coach K has always said there is no Eye in “vigil”

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    "Marvin will be out for an indeterminate number of games ..."
    On behalf of every old Duke guy without reliable heart function, allow me respectfully to request ...

... Please don't start a post like that.

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    "Marvin will be out for an indeterminate number of games due to an unspecified above the shoulder injury for which he may or may not wear a boot (or a helmet) on any given day for which the twitterverse will follow on a minute to minute basis."
    hmmm...i hear nike shoes may or may not be to blame.
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post

And jokes are like frogs. When you dissect it, it dies. Get it? Just like a frog dies when you dissect it, so does a joke when you explain it. Basically, the frog is used as an analogy, to help people understand that jokes shouldn't be explained, because the joke will die, or more specifically, become unfunny. So, just like when a frog dies when you dissect it, so does a joke when you dissect, or explain it.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeFanSince1990 View Post
    And jokes are like frogs. When you dissect it, it dies. Get it? Just like a frog dies when you dissect it, so does a joke when you explain it. Basically, the frog is used as an analogy, to help people understand that jokes shouldn't be explained, because the joke will die, or more specifically, become unfunny. So, just like when a frog dies when you dissect it, so does a joke when you dissect, or explain it.
    I must spread some comments around...

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    This needs some more explanation. Are you dissecting the frog while it is still alive? Or is it dead and you are saying that it died first then you are going to cut it up. Can a joke be dead before it gets sliced and diced? Or does the joke have to be funny at first, then die because you are explaining why it is funny?

Either way, I'm reporting you to PETA.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Vigil's Eyeneid went on for almost 10,000 lines. If this goes past 100, everyone should have to post in dactylic hexameter.

Your biology teacher sounds kind of messed up. In my class the frog was already dead when I dissected it.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    hmmm...i hear nike shoes may or may not be to blame.
    I thought it was that new Duke flooring. Not enough spring, or too much!

It's impossible to dissect a jumping frog, but if you boil it first, it can be done.

That's totally why you have to put a frog into a pot of cold water and then heat it instead of putting it into a pot of boiling water..you get it! Cold water = the frog dies, Boiling water and the frog jumps out, which isn't funny! Dead frogs = funny, jumping frogs = unfunny, like a dying joke.

I think we need a fuller, more complete explanation about frogs and when exactly they die. Then it might be a dead frog technical!
    This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
    No trees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.

Any frog anywhere is funnier than any pun that has ever appeared here.

DBR - where amateur comedians go to die.

Fun fact: frogs live on both land and water--they're ambidextrous!

I dunno...I find a joke explained in a very deadpan way can be a humor of it's own.
    April 1