Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Eye Vigil

He is signing autographs as he walks up the aisle. Does not appear to be squinting.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Someone spork OPK for me please.
    Can’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
    Can’t.
    Done.

wonder if he'll get fitted for some kareem goggles...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    So can some with expert knowledge shed some knowledge about this.
    Seconded! All those in favor say...

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by gotoguy View Post
    I hope its only a scratched cornea but if so the trainers should have patched it in the locker room to limit more irritation.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohioguy2 View Post
    Nope, although darkness may be more comfortable, the irritation would not be limited by a patch if it really is a corneal abrasion.
    Could you imagine the fan freakout if Bagley came out in the second half looking like a pirate? Whether it would be health wise smart or not, PR wise it would have been a disaster.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Could you imagine the fan freakout if Bagley came out in the second half looking like a pirate? Whether it would be health wise smart or not, PR wise it would have been a disaster.
    That would have been arrrrrrrrrful.

I was a victim of a corneal abrasion several years ago. I would have been comfortable playing in a few days. It did take weeks for complete healing but my eye doctor told me at a routine exam last week that new procedures would hasten healing greatly. Almost all of my discomfort involved sleeping.
    Forty years ago a finger poke gave me a corneal abrasion that was painful for a couple of days. The cornea repairs itself, but the problem was that new corneal tissue could easily 'slough off', bringing back the pain and discomfort. That happened to me several times over a period of months, so I do hope that new procedures will hasten a permanent repair.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    No expert, but I'm guessing just needs some time to heal on own. Not like something that requires a procedure as he wouldn't have been back on the bench if that was the case.
    I had a scratched cornea and the doctor put a contact lens over it with medication under the lens. I was told that tissue on the surface of the cornea heals much more quickly than skin on your arm for instance and it turned out that my vision returned to a large degree in about 3 days and continued to improve to regain full vision after that.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Someone spork OPK for me please.
    I am currently unable to oblige, having not been promiscuous enough recently.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

He is signing autographs as he walks up the aisle. Does not appear to be squinting.
    Good to hear except that he's signing them Marques Bolden does bother me a bit .

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    That would have been arrrrrrrrrful.
    Somebody unspork OPK for this one.

(kidding)

Paging JStuart...

No need for an eye vigil. Scratch to the eye, he's probably back in a few days. Eyes heal quickly. For him to be out on the bench, with no cover and reasonably comfortable looking around, its not serious.
    Someone tell Delaurier to cut his finger nails so this doesn't happen again.
    When Bagley is in the NBA Hall of Fame Javin will be able to tell his kids that one time his finger was under Marvin's eyelid... File that under odd but true.

I was a victim of a corneal abrasion several years ago. I would have been comfortable playing in a few days. It did take weeks for complete healing but my eye doctor told me at a routine exam last week that new procedures would hasten healing greatly. Almost all of my discomfort involved sleeping.
    This happened to me while playing ball about 25 years ago. Had one-third of my cornea scraped off. Missed a week of work. Was back playing ball in about two weeks.

It was very painful. I wouldn't have been able to sit on the bench for the second half. So my guess is the same as everyone else's, that he'll be out for just a few days.

One thing that happened to me -- I was psychologically unable to play again without goggles. It wouldn't surprise me if Marvin rocks some new eyewear when he returns.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilFalcon View Post
    No need for an eye vigil. Scratch to the eye, he's probably back in a few days. Eyes heal quickly. For him to be out on the bench, with no cover and reasonably comfortable looking around, its not serious.
    Someone tell Delaurier to cut his finger nails so this doesn't happen again.
    When Bagley is in the NBA Hall of Fame Javin will be able to tell his kids that one time his finger was under Marvin's eyelid... File that under odd but true.
    This is why I (and everyone should) always cut my nails before playing ball.
    btw Whatever happened to the idea of a dbr pickup game? I can provide a gym on Sundays.

Quote Originally Posted by du_bb1 View Post
    This ! why no patch/
    I work as a PA in pediatrics. We see a fair number of traumatic corneal abrasions. Patching is no longer routinely recommended for most corneal abrasions (only very occasionally for larger abrasions). The data is mixed on +/- use of topical antibiotics, but abrasions are typically treated with antibiotic ointment if tolerated, or antibiotic drops.

The healing time varies from 1-2 days for a small abrasion to several days for larger abrasions. It totally depends on the size (and location) of the abrasion (i.e. if it is directly over the visual field). I'm sure Marvin will be well cared for by Duke's medical staff!

Great win for us tonight. The guys really pulled together, and Grayson was insane!

Quote Originally Posted by westwall View Post
    Forty years ago a finger poke gave me a corneal abrasion that was painful for a couple of days. The cornea repairs itself, but the problem was that new corneal tissue could easily 'slough off', bringing back the pain and discomfort. That happened to me several times over a period of months, so I do hope that new procedures will hasten a permanent repair.
    there is no more awful word in our language than "slough". when i was helping my wife study for a class and the sloughing off of skin came up, i about lost it. knowing that eyes do it to is a new level of ick.

Quote Originally Posted by coachbob View Post
    This is why I (and everyone should) always cut my nails before playing ball.
    btw Whatever happened to the idea of a dbr pickup game? I can provide a gym on Sundays.
    Yes, everyone should cut their nails before games, with the exception of Antonio Lang in 1994.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    What if it happened with a chainsaw, Doc?
    Live eyeball technical. Two shots and the ball...