Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jhmoss1812 View Post
    It gets a ton of traffic but I hate the format and I hate the Duke and VT bashing. Sometimes it feels more like a Duke/VT bashing board than a UVA board.

We do have some very knowledgeable and insightful posters there. It's just difficult to find them sandwiched between all the crap.
    Is this what DBR has become with all the Carolina bashing, even or especially on threads that have nothing to do with UNC. Unless a contest is in the offing,I have little interest in UNC or in reading about the Heels on a Duke board. OK, UNC is a rival, but it is not an obsession, at least with me.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

DBR also used to have that hierarchical threaded look before the switch to VBulletin software a number of years ago.

Glad to see that Duke is not the only team struggling with cupcakes. MSU not blowing the doors off of Stony Brook.

Would like Chris Collins to wake his team up and remind them the season has started.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
    Would like Chris Collins to wake his team up and remind them the season has started.
    Texas Tech looks pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by ipatent View Post
    Texas Tech looks pretty good.
    Northwestern is looking really sloppy with the ball.

Northwestern is looking really sloppy with the ball.
    15 turnovers in the first half. Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    DBR also used to have that hierarchical threaded look before the switch to VBulletin software a number of years ago.
    I remember that. If I remember right, vBulletin is the 3rd system I've read as DBR (the first of which was pretty bad). You can read/see threads in a hierarchical way if you choose (I prefer the linear).

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    15 turnovers in the first half. Ouch.
    They're physically overmatched in this game. Texas Tech has length, and they're hitting shots as well.

Northwestern

OUCH... on the way to a 40pt loss will collins lead this team to another tournament? i say yes and they should just have a very tough couple of practices and forget all about this one!

Also Wake goes to 1-4 on the season old gold and black forum going nuts i'm getting my popcorn ready

Glad to see that Duke is not the only team struggling with cupcakes. MSU not blowing the doors off of Stony Brook.

Top 10 team and potential PK80 final opponent Florida is struggling mightily against New Hampshire right now. Up 62-58 with 4:21 left.

Were 24 pt favorites according to KenPom
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

I didn’t watch the Kansas-UK game, but the ESPN recap makes it sound like UK was terrible. Final score indicates it was a close game. So are both teams just bad, or is the final score misleading?

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    I didn’t watch the Kansas-UK game, but the ESPN recap makes it sound like UK was terrible. Final score indicates it was a close game. So are both teams just bad, or is the final score misleading?
    UK can't shoot a lick right now. Kansas needs Graham to step up and stabilize the guard play. Kansas had some players not eligible (freshman with a car accident, no injury) which made a difference, imnsho

USC beat Vandy in OT. Wow did D Thornton have a terrible game, 0-3 FGs no points, no assists and 1 reb in just 13 minutes off the bench. He played much better at Duke, and i feel bad for him that he got and followed such terrible advice. Whoever thought he was OAD level player and was therefore not being used correctly at Duke was seriously mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    USC beat Vandy in OT. Wow did D Thornton have a terrible game, 0-3 FGs no points, no assists and 1 reb in just 13 minutes off the bench. He played much better at Duke, and i feel bad for him that he got and followed such terrible advice. Whoever thought he was OAD level player and was therefore not being used correctly at Duke was seriously mistaken.
    USCOT.jpg

I keep seeing this score when I scroll through the top 25 scores on ESPN and every time I think... how did they lose by 52 in overtime? Then I figure it out and the next time I go to the page I repeat the entire thought process again.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    An evaluation(that he was a OAD) made by a person who has likely evaluated 1 person yjeu considered OAD.
    On another note, a decent effort but the Dores still losy.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Both teams were bad in THAT game. Bill Self actually began his postgame presser almost sheepishly apologizing for the KU-UK game not living up to the quality of the first game (Duke-MSU).

That said, I wouldn't draw from it that those two teams are bad, period. Kansas stands to gain some interior depth at some point as a couple of bigs become eligible, and that is their big weakness right now. And Kentucky should continue to get better and better with all their talent and youth.

Don't look now but Texas A&M found a spot in KP's Top-10. That brings the SEC to 3 Top-10 teams (Florida at #10) and 4 in the Top 25 (Alabama at #25).

Regardless of the early season nature of KP rankings, the SEC looks to have some strength at the top this year, especially if UK (#5) isn't quite as far ahead as usual.

- Chillin

Quote Originally Posted by InSpades View Post
    USCOT.jpg

I keep seeing this score when I scroll through the top 25 scores on ESPN and every time I think... how did they lose by 52 in overtime? Then I figure it out and the next time I go to the page I repeat the entire thought process again.
    I'm still confused...
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    An evaluation(that he was a OAD) made by a person who has likely evaluated 1 person yjeu considered OAD.
    On another note, a decent effort but the Dores still losy.
    nice word invention
    Let's try it in a different setting: I want to see UNC be such a losy team this year, no wins for Cheats!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Both teams were bad in THAT game. Bill Self actually began his postgame presser almost sheepishly apologizing for the KU-UK game not living up to the quality of the first game (Duke-MSU).

That said, I wouldn't draw from it that those two teams are bad, period. Kansas stands to gain some interior depth at some point as a couple of bigs become eligible, and that is their big weakness right now. And Kentucky should continue to get better and better with all their talent and youth.
    Has there been any clarification on Billy Preston's status? Kid was in a mild accident on campus and held out of the Kansas game (and now their game on Friday). Self commented it was due to the accident, but added something about needing to understand the "financial picture" of the car involved. This kind of flew under the radar and I haven't heard anything and a quick google search yielded no updated info.