Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Bennett could coach a team of tarheels that actually attend real classes and get them into the top 25.
    Where would they find real classes?

Quote Originally Posted by ipatent View Post
    Watching Virginia v. Austin Peay. The Huff kid looks like he's going to be good. They're supposed to be down this year I wouldn't bet against Bennett getting this team into the top 25.
    Huff is probably still a year away. He's extremely skilled, and has a great motor, but still will be pushed around by any team with half-decent bigs (read: NOT Austin Peay). Give him some spot minutes for experience, and put another 10-15ish lbs on in the offseason and he'll be ready for a featured role. Actually the other redshirt frosh we have, DeAndre Hunter, I expect bigger contributions from this season.

I still think we'll be a top 15ish team this year honestly... maybe better.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    This reminds me: Where’s Ultrarunner and the Not Gonna Jinx It thread, 2018 edition??
    Patience. Let’s get the rustiness out of the system first.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Several miles north on 15-501?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Sigh, Belmont. Sigh.

Pitt followed up its loss to Navy with a home loss to Montana. It’s gonna be a long season for the Panthers.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Home school? certainly not in Chapel Hell. GoDuke!

Still no major upsets to report, as all higher ranked teams won last night, including N'western...

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    Pitt followed up its loss to Navy with a home loss to Montana. It’s gonna be a long season for the Panthers.
    BC is thrilled that someone else may take the crown as most embarrassing team in the ACC for a little while.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Anyone else pulling hard for KU tonight?
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Anyone else pulling hard for KU tonight?
    ABUK.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

With KU beating UK, the all-time Champions Classic standings look like:

Duke 4-3,
    UK 4-3,
    KU 3-4,
    MSU 3-4

Duke and Kentucky will play for first place next season.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    BC is thrilled that someone else may take the crown as most embarrassing team in the ACC for a little while.
    Wake just asked Pitt to hold its beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    With KU beating UK, the all-time Champions Classic standings look like:

Duke 4-3,
    UK 4-3,
    KU 3-4,
    MSU 3-4

Duke and Kentucky will play for first place next season.
    Those are some pretty well-matched programs. Impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    I agree with the G-man. This UK team is underwhelming. Kansas was playing short handed and UK has not looked convincing in any of its wins against mid-majors. Oh and if you are worried about Duke’s FT shooting, at least we didn’t go 3-15 like UK did last night. Basically UK has played every game at the level we played last night...
    Agreed that Kentucky has been underwhelming so far. That said, they still probably have in terms of raw talent the 5th best roster in the country or so.

I have to think Calipari will have them playing much better by the end of the season, and I would NOT look forward to seeing them as a 4 seed in Atlanta (South Regional) for example if Duke is the 1 seed there.

Wow. Wake... Wow. And they have to be in Lynchburg, VA too...

P.S.
    For those looking for entertaining reading about Wake's bball meltdown, their unofficial sports site is
    www.ogboards.com/forum with the sports bulletin board there, but prepare for some pretty exceptional Duke hatred year round.

For even fiercer Duke hatred, practically psychotic in fact, the best UVa bulletin board, with shockingly bad format for reading it, is
    www.virginia.sportswar.com

I think those links will work here.

Hmmm... Wake link doesn't seem to work even for me from that link posted above, but just Google 'Old Gold and Black'

Danny Manning

After a horrid 0-3 start to bad teams i decided to check out one of the deacons fan forum (link below) boy they are really calling for Danny Manning's head and have revitalized a 160+ page thread which started his first year solely devoted to questioning his coaching ability or lack there of according to most of their posters. I have found it interesting to read if nothing else so figured i would share, thoughts?

https://www.ogboards.com/forums/show...-Watch/page161

Sorry didn't read before posting someone else already shared, feel free to delete if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Faustus View Post
    P.S.
    For those looking for entertaining reading about Wake's bball meltdown, their unofficial sports site is
    www.ogboards.com/forum with the sports bulletin board there, but prepare for some pretty exceptional Duke hatred year round.

For even fiercer Duke hatred, practically psychotic in fact, the best UVa bulletin board, with shockingly bad format for reading it, is
    www.virginia.sportswar.com

I think those links will work here.

Hmmm... Wake link doesn't seem to work even for me from that link posted above, but just Google 'Old Gold and Black'
    That is easily the worst fan message board I've ever seen. It's an aesthetic nightmare.

The funny thing is that it looks like it gets a lot of traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by duke4ever19 View Post
    That is easily the worst fan message board I've ever seen. It's an aesthetic nightmare.

The funny thing is that it looks like it gets a lot of traffic.
    It gets a ton of traffic but I hate the format and I hate the Duke and VT bashing. Sometimes it feels more like a Duke/VT bashing board than a UVA board.

We do have some very knowledgeable and insightful posters there. It's just difficult to find them sandwiched between all the crap.