Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Glad they could get a quality win to close out (almost) the season!

Hopefully this is the start to a 3 game winning streak. We looked good running and passing and now it comes down to WF game...Let’s Go DUKE!

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    Sometimes the best games are played when there's nothing to lose.
    Exactly!!! What a game!!!

Awesome Senior Day for some guys who have busted their butts for four years. Happy to see the team click and do what it felt like they were on the verge of so many times. Let’s take out Wake and at least let these Seniors enjoy one more bowl game. They deserve it

Wow, what an unexpected surprise today was! Great win for the team. Hope we can close out the regular season with a win and get bowl eligible.

Just back from the Wade and HOW SWEET IT IS. The 1st quarter was miserable - same ole problems, down 14-3 and presto changeo everything was working, the defense got 2 straight 3 and outs and GT could do nothing but say uncle at the end. So happy for Shawn and the rest of the seniors. WE OUTRUSHED GT. WOW.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Cut took a much bigger hand in the play calling tonight. Wish we could have run the ball like this (who knows if we would have been able to, because we never tried) against UVA, Army, and Pitt.

I think 5-7 may be good enough for a bowl bid, which is crucial for the team, if for no other reason than the practices.

I don't think we can beat Wake, so it'll have to be.

Jones still looked pretty shaky. Missed Wilson on that red zone pass that would have been a walk in and had a few bad reads as well, but he played better. He's got some talent, but we'll see how it looks next week. Wake is really good. I think they'll beat state tonight.
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

Ok, so how many years has it been since Duke last won a football game in a season after beating Carolina?

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    Cut took a much bigger hand in the play calling tonight. Wish we could have run the ball like this (who knows if we would have been able to, because we never tried) against UVA, Army, and Pitt.

I think 5-7 may be good enough for a bowl bid, which is crucial for the team, if for no other reason than the practices.

Jones still looked pretty shaky. Missed Wilson on that red zone pass that would have been a walk in and had a few bad reads as well, but he played better. He's got some talent, but we'll see how it looks next week. Wake is really good. I think they'll beat state tonight.
    That's quite a negative view. I expect to attend and won't be satisfied with a moral victory of some sort against Wake.

"This new offense amazes me, Sir Cutcliffe. Explain again how pig's skins can be employed to create multiple touchdowns!"
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

... Wake is really good. I think they'll beat state tonight.
    WFU is really good this year. How? (Haven't followed them.)

They've gone from #100 (2014) to #89 (2015) to #68 (2016) to #20 (2017) in SRS:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...rest/2017.html

[For comparison's sake, we went from the #68 (2012) to #31 (2013). Quite the rise -- Wake's has been even higher (for now).
    https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...uke/2013.html]

I really didn't think Duke has a prayer against GTech. And what happened?

So I'm VERY hopeful Duke can take this GTech game into Wake... and then, who knows? That's why they play the games (I think)

Apparently Wilson's jump pass/TD was described as "flea flicker" on the radio broadcast (maybe a nod to Bob?):

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.db...DB_OEM_ID=4200

Never seen that mix-up in terminology ... as opposed to the all-too-common end around misidentified as a reverse.

I just made it home from the game. A huge win for the team. Running the ball 51 times for 319 yards was awesome to observe. Shaun Wilson caught two TD passes and threw a third. Great Senior Day performance!
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    Ok, so how many years has it been since Duke last won a football game in a season after beating Carolina?
    December 2, 1961: Duke 37, Notre Dame 13. I was there.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

After UNC, I'd rather beat Georgia Tech than anyone else on the schedule. Sourpuss Paul Johnson and all those cut blocks -- ugh.

The Victor Dimukeje block, interception, and return for 26 yds to the GTech 27: one of the most exciting non-scoring plays in Duke football. How'd you do that, Victor?

I thought the Dimukeje play brought Mo Mentum into the game wearing a Duke jersey. While GT scored on the following drive, it took two heroic plays by TaQuon Marshall. It was great and important to block that extra point. After that, Tech did absolutely nothing on offense.

Apparently, Cut called most of the plays. OK, let's keep it up! One -- er, two -- more games.
    Sage Grouse

'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Some simple observations from the game (I was there):
    (1) All GT's points came in the first half.
    (2) GT had to rely on passing extensively in the second half. The Duke defense made run options unproductive.
    (3) GT's punting looked impressive during the pregame warmups, but proved puny in live play.

Cut took a much bigger hand in the play calling tonight ...
    Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    ... Apparently, Cut called most of the plays. ...
    Source/link? (Believe it, just haven't looked.)

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    Source/link? (Believe it, just haven't looked.)
    Claimed up-thread by Dukehky;
    Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    Sage Grouse

Awesome

Not going to lie after VT i have turned my attention solely to Duke Basketball but glad to see Cut got the running game going and shaun having a huge sr day!! BEAT WAKE!!! BOWLING SHOES??

Shaky? I wouldn't say 18-26-0-177- 2tds; plus 91 yds-1td rushing was "shaky." If so, I hope he has a case of the shakes next Saturday. Yeah, he misconnected with Wilson twice. But from my seat, it looked like the pass could have been caught. If you are going to declare him "shaky" on the pass... let's also point out the two minute drive he directed to tie the first half; and his td run that sealed the deal.