Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Haven’t played in a while, going for boom or bust today.

Quote Originally Posted by Hingeknocker View Post
    This may have been covered already, but are we including tomorrow's Duke/BC game in the Pre-ACC contest?
    Yes. We will start a new contest for ACC games only in January. I know this seems counter-intuitive, but the arbitrary rules are gonna be what they gonna be.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

The weekly winner is really up for grabs. No one with a clear advantage:

1 LasVegas_Duke 8-6-0 57.14% +500
    2 ChillinDuke 1-2-0 33.33% +280
    3 dw4duke 6-5-0 54.55% +250
    4 JasonEvans 8-6-0 57.14% +150
    5 krzyzewskiville 3-4-0 42.86% +30
    6 rasputinDBR 6-5-0 54.55% -20
    7 left_hook_lacey 2-2-0 50.00% -100
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

My first (and hopefully only) user mistake this season -- I meant to bet Louisville but bet Indiana instead -- so let's see how it works out. The way I figure it, this is yet another ACC-Big 10 Challenge game, and we know the ACC dominated the Challenge (both straight up and against the spread). But clicking on the right things is part of this game we're playing. I will of course accept the result, either way. Maybe I turned a losing bet into a winning bet.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Haven’t played in a while, going for boom or bust today.
    Ha. Haven't been playing very long, but took your approach and have managed to knock Hingeknocker right out of last place in less than a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Wave Dukie View Post
    Ha. Haven't been playing very long, but took your approach and have managed to knock Hingeknocker right out of last place in less than a week.
    I had a pretty good day, other than the only game I really care about in reality.

krzyzewskiville has also been inactive recently and is now in second place, so our top 2 have not been making bets. Telling you, it's a pretty good strategy, whether on purpose or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    krzyzewskiville has also been inactive recently and is now in second place, so our top 2 have not been making bets. Telling you, it's a pretty good strategy, whether on purpose or not.
    kville was patient and made his/her move today! And should be our new first place once this FSU game finishes. Well done!

Saturday will be a huge betting day. Tons of games to bet on.

You can put this competition out of reach, kville, with a good day. But you would also risk falling under the Curtis Line with a bad day.

I'll be interested to see how you play it.

Does anybody remember me betting the under on BC/Columbia yesterday? I could've sworn I put that in but Covers doesn't appear to be giving me credit for it. (Not a huge deal -- just want to make sure I'm not going crazy here.)

Does anybody remember me betting the under on BC/Columbia yesterday? I could've sworn I put that in but Covers doesn't appear to be giving me credit for it. (Not a huge deal -- just want to make sure I'm not going crazy here.)
    I didn't check. I also didn't check how many people bet on Columbia to cover yesterday. I meant to go contra and bet on BC (which hit) but got tied up at work.

I figured a lot of people around these parts would bet on BC fecesing the bed after playing skull nutty against us.

- Chillin

Quote Originally Posted by ChillinDuke View Post
    I didn't check. I also didn't check how many people bet on Columbia to cover yesterday. I meant to go contra and bet on BC (which hit) but got tied up at work.

I figured a lot of people around these parts would bet on BC fecesing the bed after playing skull nutty against us.

- Chillin
    Oh, absolutely--count me among those that anticipated the Duke curse ensuring the Lions' covering the -11.5 spread. Also, the Lions were an abysmal 1-9 on the season, but many of their losses have been closer than anticipated. Of course, that didn't happen, so my free fall continues.
    Last edited by English; 12-13-2017 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Oops.

Nearly full slate on Saturday. Nearly.

Can't wait. Got the itch.

- Chillin

Quote Originally Posted by ChillinDuke View Post
    Nearly full slate on Saturday. Nearly.

Can't wait. Got the itch.

- Chillin
    Bump.

I would say anyone with < $3000 should be max-betting, well, everything today if the goal is to still finish in first place. Thanks to finals and winter break, there just aren't THAT many games left in December. Also, since going 10-0 today is far-fetched, you want to maximize the amount you win if you pull off a 6-4 or 7-3 day by max-betting.

Bump.

I would say anyone with < $3000 should be max-betting, well, everything today if the goal is to still finish in first place. Thanks to finals and winter break, there just aren't THAT many games left in December. Also, since going 10-0 today is far-fetched, you want to maximize the amount you win if you pull off a 6-4 or 7-3 day by max-betting.
    4-0 and up $1600 so far today... looking pretty good in all my other picks too. Could be huge!!

I was sick with a nasty cold the last week so I’ve been out of the game. I planned on going all out eventually. Like my favorite nascar driver said “if you ain’t first, you’re last. “

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    4-0 and up $1600 so far today... looking pretty good in all my other picks too. Could be huge!!
    Got to 5-0 and then FSU busted my win streak today. My chances are going to come down to ND covering and getting over 142 against IU.

If you’re simply picking the winner in college football contests, is there anything better than the Vegas line? And would you all agree that KenPom is the best for picking college basketball winners? No spread

So, I think I have figured this thing out... I'm sticking to O/U.

I am currently +4170 betting the over-under and -250 betting against the spread. Put another way, I am in 1st place, out of 26 contestants, when I bet the O/U, but am in 16th place (also out of 26) when I bet the line.

I'm only betting totals from now on (he said knowing he would not keep that promise).

-Jason "we are having a tough week so far... I'm +170 for the week... which makes me the only person in positive territory thus far. Yikes!" Evans

This page may be wrong, but it appears that Duke has hit the Over in every single game this season in which a number has existed. Wow... can we keep that up? I'm on us for the Over again tonight.