Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    NU got blown out at Indiana yesterday, dropping its record to 11-8. Collins’ team now has almost no chance to make the NCAA tourney. Very disappointing season. It’s hard to understand why this year’s team is so much worse than last year’s team.
    People obviously had high expectations, too, since they started with a pretty solid ranking.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    People obviously had high expectations, too, since they started with a pretty solid ranking.
    They need some athletes.

Maybe

Quote Originally Posted by ipatent View Post
    They need some athletes.
    They're not quite alarmingly unathletic, but they're close. Still, last year's team wasn't any more athletic, and was a very solid team. All they lost was Lumpkin, who was a good glue player but that's all, and Taphorn, who was a good shooting reserve forward. They added Falzone and Gaines, a good freshman, and everyone else is a year older, but the players don't look any better. Very strange.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    They're not quite alarmingly unathletic, but they're close. Still, last year's team wasn't any more athletic, and was a very solid team. All they lost was Lumpkin, who was a good glue player but that's all, and Taphorn, who was a good shooting reserve forward. They added Falzone and Gaines, a good freshman, and everyone else is a year older, but the players don't look any better. Very strange.
    Only 2 of their regulars - big man Dererk Pardon and backup PG Isiah Brown - are shooting better than 40% in conference play. Primary scorers Scottie Lindsay, Bryant McIntosh and Vic Law are at 31.9%, 33.3% and 39.3%, respectively. All take a high % of their attempts from 3, but still. It's hard to beat good teams when you shoot that poorly on a consistent basis.

Don't look now, but Bobby is turning into a pretty good recruiter.

He has landed a commitment from 5-star forward Taeshon Cherry. Cherry had been committed to USC, but pulled that when USC got caught up in the Adidas scandal. There are reports that Cherry may have been one of the players Adidas was going to pay to go to an Adidas school, but his family is denying it. Meanwhile, he's widely considered one of the top 25 recruits in the land and is a really nice pickup for AZSt.

-Jason "Bobby has a big game tonight against Stanford... The Sun Devils have struggled a bit in conference play while Stanford has been red hot after a very poor pre-conference season" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Bobby Hurley Signs Extension at ASU

Despite Arizona State falling back in the rankings, they are thrilled with the job Bobby Hurley is doing.

Today he signed a contract extension and is now locked in until 2022

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth&Justise View Post
    Despite Arizona State falling back in the rankings, they are thrilled with the job Bobby Hurley is doing.

Today he signed a contract extension and is now locked in until 2022
    They haven't been ranked in a few years, so even "falling back" is a good experience. Congrats to Bobby for making an impact and earning the extension.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Collins picked up a nice win over Michigan last night. Northwestern is in the middle of the Big Ten standings with a 6-6 record. They have some tough but winnable games coming up (except for MSU, at least it's at home), so it will be interesting to see how they do down the stretch.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Don't look now, but Bobby is turning into a pretty good recruiter.

He has landed a commitment from 5-star forward Taeshon Cherry. Cherry had been committed to USC, but pulled that when USC got caught up in the Adidas scandal. There are reports that Cherry may have been one of the players Adidas was going to pay to go to an Adidas school, but his family is denying it. Meanwhile, he's widely considered one of the top 25 recruits in the land and is a really nice pickup for AZSt.

-Jason "Bobby has a big game tonight against Stanford... The Sun Devils have struggled a bit in conference play while Stanford has been red hot after a very poor pre-conference season" Evans
    So, Bobby is now Cherry-picking?

Amaker has Harvard in the Ivy championship again, playing tomorrow against Penn for a trip to the big dance.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    FYI, NW never won again after beating Michigan, and Michigan hasn't lost yet, winning 9 straight.

BobbY, Wojo, and Quin all firmly on the bundle, but perhaps not appearing to be on the right side. Fortunately for Quin, he still has some opportunity to improve his standing.

From the dark side

Quote Originally Posted by juise View Post
    BobbY, Wojo, and Quin all firmly on the bundle, but perhaps not appearing to be on the right side. Fortunately for Quin, he still has some opportunity to improve his standing.
    My dark horse candidate is Jay Bilas...just saying

Quote Originally Posted by juise View Post
    I heard one of the Duke basketball beat reporters say that Quin was virtually a second head coach while he was at Duke. I don't know if that is true or not, and to clarify it was not meant as a jab at K, it was meant as a compliment to Quin. And he certainly burst onto the scene quickly at Mizzou before that went sideways.

Now I think he's a pro coach, period. He's been with same team 4+ years in NBA, which is a long stint.

Bobby's the one

Hope the GOAT stays around for at least 5 more years, but here's hoping Bobby is the next in line. The fact that Az State was even ranked this year had to make their fan base giddy. Sure impressed me and my friends.

It is always difficult to be objective about a coach that I loved as a player. Still impossible to know how he or anyone would do in the unreal pressure cooker of CBB's elite program.

Quote Originally Posted by dermite View Post
    Hope the GOAT stays around for at least 5 more years, but here's hoping Bobby is the next in line. The fact that Az State was even ranked this year had to make their fan base giddy. Sure impressed me and my friends.

It is always difficult to be objective about a coach that I loved as a player. Still impossible to know how he or anyone would do in the unreal pressure cooker of CBB's elite program.
    Loved Bobby as a player, but his "passion" behind the bench is a bit disturbing

https://www.azcentral.com/videos/spo...ons/111122010/
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Loved Bobby as a player, but his "passion" behind the bench is a bit disturbing

https://www.azcentral.com/videos/spo...ons/111122010/
    Good thing we don't have any players like that...

Quote Originally Posted by Shakyjake64 View Post
    My dark horse candidate is Jay Bilas...just saying
    So does that mean that the dark, dark horse candidate is.......Dick Vitale?

Quote Originally Posted by duke79 View Post
    So does that mean that the dark, dark horse candidate is....Dick Vitale?
    Vitale loves Duke far more than Bilas does now....

Loved Dan’s reaction to Bobby getting in the dance. I’m not getting choked up. You are.