Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    How long have they been Lost? Have they repopulated the world yet?

What are the chance we get sports 24 hours a day on every network? X Games reruns galore!

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    Does anyone (Jason Evans seems the most likely candidate) have any idea how the strike will affect Scrubs which is in its last season? Do they have all of their scripts or might they have to end the season early? I only started watching it in syndication recently and love it. I also started watching the reruns in prime time and was looking forward to the final season. It would really suck if they had to finish it without resolving some, or all, of the story lines as I doubt they would bring it back after the strike just so that they could wrap things up neatly.

Quote Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
    Jay Leno was out on the picket line this morning handing out doughnuts. Says he ain't workin as long as there is a strike going on.
    I think that it has more to do with the fact that he CAN'T work as long as there is a strike going on. He depends on the writers to make him funny.

Quote Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
    Me, I'm with Jay on this one; I ain't watchin no stinkin new programing until the strike ends. I hear all the cool guys are too.
    I'm not on the same page. I will continue to watch new programming until it is exhausted. At that point, then I will consider whether it is necessary to continue watching network programming, etc. at all. (Okay, I'm an addict, but they may force me to go cold turkey.)

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I'm not on the same page. I will continue to watch new programming until it is exhausted. At that point, then I will consider whether it is necessary to continue watching network programming, etc. at all. (Okay, I'm an addict, but they may force me to go cold turkey.)
    Splurge, get DVD sets of Homicide Life on the Streets, and DaVinci's Inquest, some of the best programing ever. Me, I had my fingers crossed behind my back when I made my pledge. Let them eat cake; I do, way too much.

Union Nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by xenic View Post
    I understand all the words in your post, but I have no idea what your message is.
    It's just more vieled attempts by a sympathetic Union supporter. HE can't blame management, so instead he blames lawyers. Some people just have no perception of reality....

tila tequila

Hey, there's always "Love with Tila Tequila." Has anyone seen this farce of a show? It's so terrible, it's actually somewhat entertaining in a dark, comical sort of way, although I have to fast forward through much of the show. Tila, a rather plain-looking bi-sexual who thinks she's God's gift to both men and women, sits high on her pedestal and bumps adoring contestants for her "love" on each episode. Will she choose a man? Or will she choose a woman? Oh my gosh, must stay tuned for this. Due to the writer's strike, of course. MTV, I think. New episode every Tuesday night.

Something to kill the time: If Fox ever did air "24 - the 1994 season," I'd be all over it!

http://www.engadget.com/2007/11/09/2...he-lost-pilot/

(The vid is HI-larious.)

Quote Originally Posted by eastwind View Post
    Hey, there's always "Love with Tila Tequila." Has anyone seen this farce of a show? It's so terrible, it's actually somewhat entertaining in a dark, comical sort of way, although I have to fast forward through much of the show. Tila, a rather plain-looking bi-sexual who thinks she's God's gift to both men and women, sits high on her pedestal and bumps adoring contestants for her "love" on each episode. Will she choose a man? Or will she choose a woman? Oh my gosh, must stay tuned for this. Due to the writer's strike, of course. MTV, I think. New episode every Tuesday night.
    So last night while channel surfing I hit this show for like 30 seconds and Tila says, "I know I promised no more surprises... but I've got one more." Then the show cuts to the reaction of several of the "contestants" and one of the guys says, "I was just saying to myself, 'I sure hope she doesn't have a {piece of the male anatomy}.'"

I almost fell out of bed laughing. The show went to commercial from there and I did not stick around to see what the surprise was, but I thought, "that is the moment that sold this show to the network."

--Jason "MTV is shameless-- they;'ll have a reality series built around {redacted} someday soon, I am sure of it" Evans
    Last edited by JasonEvans; 11-10-2007 at 04:38 PM.

"MTV is shameless-- they;'ll have a reality series built around {redacted} someday soon, I am sure of it"
    If that doesn't kill this thread, then nothing will.
    Last edited by JasonEvans; 11-10-2007 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    "MTV is shameless-- they;'ll have a reality series built around {redacted} someday soon, I am sure of it"

If that doesn't kill this thread, then nothing will.
    I was much happier before I knew of that meme. Why would someone do that to the board? A mod no less. Evil.
    Last edited by JasonEvans; 11-10-2007 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    I was much happier before I knew of that meme. Why would someone do that to the board? A mod no less. Evil.
    Sorry, my mind was searching for the most outrageous thing I could think of and I... well... I dunno.

I am removing all reference to you know what from this thread.

-Jason "sorry, grossest thing ever" Evans

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Sorry, my mind was searching for the most outrageous thing I could think of and I... well... I dunno.

In the name of all future readers, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by colchar View Post
    Does anyone (Jason Evans seems the most likely candidate) have any idea how the strike will affect Scrubs which is in its last season? Do they have all of their scripts or might they have to end the season early? I only started watching it in syndication recently and love it. I also started watching the reruns in prime time and was looking forward to the final season. It would really suck if they had to finish it without resolving some, or all, of the story lines as I doubt they would bring it back after the strike just so that they could wrap things up neatly.
    Like most series, they probably had about 6-8 episodes done. I doubt they had everything neatly wrapped up, though I don't really see Scrubs as a series that needs wrapping up. It is not like there was some major dramatic theme that needed resolution.

Scrubs and a few other shows that are clearly in their final season (ER!!) could be in a difficult place though as I imagine the folks behind them have some ideas about a grande finale, but would everyone sign on for one more year in 08-09 to get it done if the strike kills the rest of this season?

--Jason "I think the strike will kill the season-- because the writers will have their most leverage once the actors and directors join them on strike next year" Evans

Maybe on a series by series basis, but as you note for Scrubs, without a storyline that really needs finishing, why go to the expense of creating an ending. Some of the shows that I have enjoyed the most have just kinda ended due to midseason cancellations, etc.

(And thanks for the redactions...)

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).

But some of us didn't get the chance to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by colchar View Post
    But some of us didn't get the chance to read it.
    Two words: be glad.

-jk

Huge news for Lost fans!!!!

Apparently the folks behind Lost have really been working overtime and they have 14 of the 16 scripts for this season already done. This puts them waaay ahead of every other show on TV. If the strike lasts a while and scripted shows start dropping like flies, Lost could be the only scripted drama on TV with fresh episodes by the time we hit March and April of next year.

Can you say RATINGS BOOM!?!?!?!

-Jason "this is verrrry good news!" Evans
    Apparently, they are only going to run the first 8 episodes

Worse than that, Damon Lindelof argues that the first six episodes in a season of a serial like lost and Heroes needs to be slow...so we get six slow episodes and then two interesting ones.

I wonder if this 'tap dancing' (Lindelhofs term) is a partial explanation of the random annoying couple last season.

Exiled

Quote Originally Posted by Exiled_Devil View Post
    Apparently, they are only going to run the first 8 episodes

Worse than that, Damon Lindelof argues that the first six episodes in a season of a serial like lost and Heroes needs to be slow...so we get six slow episodes and then two interesting ones.

I wonder if this 'tap dancing' (Lindelhofs term) is a partial explanation of the random annoying couple last season.

Exiled
    What has happened is something the suits did not expect which is that many show runners and other folks who double as writers are refusing to cross the picket lines. So productions has stopped right away, even though there are some fresh scripts that could still be produced (in theory). The other problem is that once you get into production there can be rewrites or tweaks necessary and with no writers to do that even beginning production is a risk most TV producers are not willing to take.

It is my understanding that movies are still being shot. This immediate halt to production is mostly affecting TV shows.

--Jason "I'd like to see some good shows repeat in their original order-- giving viewers a chance to find new series and follow the story-line behind them" Evans

--Jason "I'd like to see some good shows repeat in their original order-- giving viewers a chance to find new series and follow the story-line behind them" Evans
    Might as well re-run Firefly while the strike is going on!

Actually do you think it would be better to show current shows from a few seasons back and then suddenly jump back to present time after the strike - or show shows that have an end and deliberately advertise that fact - highlight that shows like Firefly only have 13 eps or so and hope that interests people.